E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

SprintBooster Group Buy, Sponsored by ThrottleBooster.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 XC60 PHEV, 2023 XC40 BEV
TIA

For my SB test, I left it in D for all three tests. My experience with paddle shifting in minimal, I drive in D almost all the time and let the 7-speed make those decisions.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by samkimg
Hey All,

I received my SprintBooster in the mail as expected and installed it last night in my E350. The installation was simple (also as advertised) and here are the steps I took:
  1. unsnapped the driver's side floor mat
  2. removed the two 13mm plastic nuts holding the accelerator in place
  3. unplugged in the existing cable and plugged in the SB adapter
    1. hint: plug the SB control cable into the SB before you install it onto the accelerator ...
  4. plug the existing cable into the SB adapter
  5. tighten the two 13mm plastic nuts holding the accelerator in place
    1. hint: don't over tighten these as they are plastic and could be easily stripped
  6. hide the SB control cable along the route to where you want to mount the switch
  7. resnapped the driver's side floor mat in place
  8. took my MB out for a test drive
Overall installation took less than 15 minutes, mostly spent trying to decide where to place the SB switch ...

The ONLY unhappy portion of the install was the included adhesive tape to hold the SB switch in place didn't stick too well to the MB plastic center console.

Performance-wise, I am very pleased with the change in throttle response. I found a deserted stretch of road near my home and tested the three settings along the same route each time. Overall, I think the green setting (SB on, normal mode) will be my normal daily-drive setting. I'll reserve the red mode (SB on, race mode) for those times I want to embarrass another V6 driver off the line
Great review! We're thrilled you like the product.

Just a reminder to everyone else - the group buy and coupon code MBgroupbuy expires on Monday night, 2/23/11.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 02-22-2011, 08:34 PM

2017 S550 cabrio
So are any tools needed/helpful in unplugging the OEM connector from the accelerator pedal? Or do any plastic tabs need to be pushed, pulled or otherwise manipulated in order to unplug it?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 XC60 PHEV, 2023 XC40 BEV
No tools needed. I had brought a small flathead with me to the car, but I never ended up using it.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:54 PM

2017 S550 cabrio
Originally Posted by samkimg
No tools needed. I had brought a small flathead with me to the car, but I never ended up using it.
Thanks, I did have to use a small flathead to pop mine off. I'm just glad I didn't mangle any plastic bits in the process because, well, that's how things usually go for me...
Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Hey folks -

Thanks to everyone here for the outpouring of support and email feedback on the products. We really appreciate it, and we're thrilled you love the product as much as we do.

And...

We've just learned that we'll soon be receiving updated units that are compatible with the W212 E550!

We are looking at an approximately 2 week ETA on these. We have created a coupon code specifically for W212 E550 Owners who miss today's deadline. You can order using coupon code E550groupbuy. This will only be active for one week, so please get your order in soon, and we'll ship your unit as soon as it arrives. If, for some reason, the units are delayed longer than 2 weeks, we will issue a full refund upon request.

If you have any questions or concerns that you'd like us to address, please do not hesitate to contact us by PM or email - sales@throttleboost.com.

Thanks again,

Ken