E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

remove hood ornament

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s600
remove hood ornament

The MB hood ornament seems to be a collector's item for the inner-city residents in my town, so I am going to replace it with the flat badge. Does anyone know how the remove the "bent" badge on the upper grill?
Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 PM

2016 GLE 4MATIC
lfranklin, this has been discussed a lot in the past. Click 'search this forum' and enter 'hood ornament'.

This post helped me swap both Grille and Hood ornament
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ar-grille.html

This one is specific for changing Grille
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ont-grill.html

Finally, check eBay motors. And its surprisingly easy to change the hood ornament. Good luck!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I'm pretty sure he meant the smaller MB logo that's on the grille itself, "how the remove the "bent" badge on the upper grill"

The later W211s and the W212s come with the logo molded into the plastic grille. The earlier E Class grilles were blank. When you replace the upright hood star with a flat badge, it ends up with a somewhat redundant look (two flat logos next to each other.)

There's no option but the replace the grille entirely with an aftermarket version that has no molded logo on it. The links you posted will help him on that issue. But aftermarkets without the big three pointed star are hard to find. The three pointed star doesn't look good on the E Class or S Class, which most people will attest to... but each to their own.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM

s600
Thanks 220s, you are correct. I do NOT want to go to the star grill. I would like to remove the upright logo, replace it will a flat logo, but not duplicate the badges. So far, the only replacement logos that I have found are poser badges, amg, etc. E bay is full of them, but I can't find anything appropriate. I am about to give up on the idea and just buy extra upright hood logos so that I can replace them everytime a "collector" takes one.

Last edited by lfranklin; 06-28-2011 at 04:23 PM.