E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Going into Production Tomorrow! Specs and my thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by Daya
My father's car has been finalized the day before it hits production, he was able to configure it exactly the way he wanted. He had allocation about a month ago, and he finally made a decision on his color choices today. Here is the final summary:

E350 4matic
Quartz Blue
Ash MB-Tex
Burl Walnut
AMG Wheel Package w/3 spoke sport steering wheel
Premium 1
Sport Package
Split Folding Rear Seats
Heated Seats

I was a little skeptical about the Quartz Blue only having seen it online, but in person it is actually a very striking color - hues of silver and gray can be seen in different lighting conditions. He had his heart set on it and once he saw a 2011 C-Class in Quartz Blue there was no going back. I would guess most E-Class sold are either Black, White, Silver or Gray, so he should really stand out in this color.

The AMG Wheel Package combined with sport package really pops, I love the 3-spoke sport steering wheel and the split spoke design of the AMG wheels mates perfectly with the aggressive lines of the sport package.

My Father didn't like how dark the black interior of his last car was, so Ash was the only option, it does look really classy in the two-tone with black dash, flooring and headliner. I would have personally chosen Black Ash Wood Trim but he really likes the more traditional Burl Walnut.

This is his first Mercedes so I am very excited for him. It should get here in three weeks or so, right around the first week in December.

I'll be sure to post lots of pictures once he takes delivery!
I would also vote for P2. it seems almost silly to buy a luxury sedan like the e350 without all of the goodies that you get that have already been mentioned. I would also avoid the sport package if your father lives in an area with bad roads. The 17 inch rims are more than big enough to provide good handling while also giving a more comfortable ride and less chance of bent rims and blowouts. Don't get suckered into the bigger rim nonsense. Regards. Ned.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
Originally Posted by Tonvic
I am told by the dealer that Bi-Xenon headlamps are not covered by warranty. You brake it or smth goes wrong, you pay for a new one which is bulky and expensive cylinder.

I called my dealer just to see although I've never had Bi-Xenon not covered under warranty. P2 is covered just like any other feature and/or option.

If you weren't ordering, I'd suspect your dealer has a lot of P1 cars to sell, but since you are ordering, I'd say it is a poorly informed sales rep.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo S80 T6
Originally Posted by golfster
I called my dealer just to see although I've never had Bi-Xenon not covered under warranty. P2 is covered just like any other feature and/or option.

If you weren't ordering, I'd suspect your dealer has a lot of P1 cars to sell, but since you are ordering, I'd say it is a poorly informed sales rep.
Well... he is a senior rep with PhD and a lot of recognition papers from MB Germany....
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by Tonvic
Well... he is a senior rep with PhD and a lot of recognition papers from MB Germany....
Good for him but he's probably still wrong. Every other German manufacturer (VW/Audi, Porsche, BMW) covers the xenon bulb under the 4/50 warranty. I can't imagine MB being any different.

In all the warranty paperwork I've ever seen, the bulbs are specifically identified as being covered (or not excluded.) BMW includes them "HID bulbs are covered" while VW/Audi excludes them from being excluded "bulbs are covered for 12 months or 12k miles with the exception of HID bulbs which are covered under the 4/50...."

Could someone please check their warranty booklet to verify for MB?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 4Matic 2011
I thought I would not care about the P2 options but I got it anyway at my wife's suggestion. Now that I have Keyless Go, I *really* miss it on my other car. The HID lights are awesome too.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Cool

Originally Posted by Daya
My father's car has been finalized the day before it hits production, he was able to configure it exactly the way he wanted. He had allocation about a month ago, and he finally made a decision on his color choices today. Here is the final summary:

E350 4matic
Quartz Blue
Ash MB-Tex
Burl Walnut
AMG Wheel Package w/3 spoke sport steering wheel
Premium 1
Sport Package
Split Folding Rear Seats
Heated Seats

I was a little skeptical about the Quartz Blue only having seen it online, but in person it is actually a very striking color - hues of silver and gray can be seen in different lighting conditions. He had his heart set on it and once he saw a 2011 C-Class in Quartz Blue there was no going back. I would guess most E-Class sold are either Black, White, Silver or Gray, so he should really stand out in this color.

The AMG Wheel Package combined with sport package really pops, I love the 3-spoke sport steering wheel and the split spoke design of the AMG wheels mates perfectly with the aggressive lines of the sport package.

My Father didn't like how dark the black interior of his last car was, so Ash was the only option, it does look really classy in the two-tone with black dash, flooring and headliner. I would have personally chosen Black Ash Wood Trim but he really likes the more traditional Burl Walnut.

This is his first Mercedes so I am very excited for him. It should get here in three weeks or so, right around the first week in December.

I'll be sure to post lots of pictures once he takes delivery!
Where is dad's car?

Wayne