MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Reset Service indicator 2011 E350 (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/423521-reset-service-indicator-2011-e350.html)

st7979 11-17-2011 03:14 PM

Reset Service indicator 2011 E350

I have a 2011 E350. I searched the internet for information on "how to reset the service indicator" and this is what I found. However, it still doesn't work. What am I missing? Please help. Thanks!

Close all doors
Turn the key to position 1
Hold down phone on steering wheel
After few seconds, hold the OK button on the steering wheel
But, nothing happens, whereas it worked on C300.

aeggroup 11-17-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by st7979 (Post 4921957)
I have a 2011 E350. I searched the internet for information on "how to reset the service indicator" and this is what I found. However, it still doesn't work. What am I missing? Please help. Thanks!

Close all doors
Turn the key to position 1
Hold down phone on steering wheel
After few seconds, hold the OK button on the steering wheel
But, nothing happens, whereas it worked on C300.

LOL :)))
This is the funniest instruction I've ever seen on that forum.
Search this forum and you will find a thread with PDF document attached to it with instructions.
Good Luck.

PHML 11-18-2011 04:22 AM

i just read it on the plane...try looking in the maint section of your owners manual...there are instructions on how to reset it.

Raymond Lee 01-14-2012 10:08 AM

PHML,
Thank you.

microbe 02-12-2012 04:12 PM

2011 resetting service light

Originally Posted by aeggroup (Post 4921960)
LOL :)))
This is the funniest instruction I've ever seen on that forum.
Search this forum and you will find a thread with PDF document attached to it with instructions.
Good Luck.

I have search this forum with key words "how to reset my E350 service light" and nothinh could lead me to the link you mentioned.

Can you be kind enough to lead us there. Thank you. I know I did "came across once" on the link you mentioned and couldn't get back to that link again.

RobbieRob 02-12-2012 06:16 PM

Sroll to trip on your menu, when it comes up press the OK and the ANSWER PHONE buttons at the same time for a bit until the new menu pops up. scroll down to the last item and hit ok, then go through and say that the service is complte, FULL, and hit confirm. I go into this main menu all the time to put my car into dyno mode so it will totally turn off my traction control.

RobbieRob 02-12-2012 06:19 PM

Sorry, yes key in positon 1 also.

kingofire 02-12-2012 11:38 PM

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...set-2010-e.pdf

hyperion667 02-13-2012 07:29 AM

why don't you just call your SA and ask 'em:nix:
it's not like it's a big secret is it?

konigstiger 02-13-2012 10:33 AM

In support of post 8 above http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w212...indicator.html

Raymond Lee 02-13-2012 11:27 AM

konistiger
How nice of you to do that. Many people will benifit from your contribution.
Thank you very much.

RobbieRob 02-13-2012 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 5051232)
why don't you just call your SA and ask 'em:nix:
it's not like it's a big secret is it?

Hype, I think they would tell you that you have to have a tech do it and to bring your car to the dealer.

microbe 02-14-2012 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by kingofire (Post 5050970)

Many thanks to your link and also all others that contributed to this matter.

Many will benefits and F**king dealer charges around $30 which I think tarnished the Mercedes Benz images.

My 2011 E350 was rear ended by Ford truck with slight damages to the rear bumper and the impact pushed my car forward which unfortunately hit a Ford explorer damaging the grill.

The first party admitted all the faults.

For this minor damages, the bills comes up to near $8K as all parts are "plug n play" replacement.

Me and my wife "chiropractored" for 2 months session and was awarded $12K each.

Car with no dody or structural damage and have yet to claims the diminished value.

Anyone experienced with diminished value claims???

Some guidance will be apprecited.

Again thanks to all links for this matters.

Mad Dawg 350 02-15-2012 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by microbe (Post 5053910)
Car with no dody or structural damage and have yet to claims the diminished value.

Anyone experienced with diminished value claims???

Some guidance will be apprecited.

Again thanks to all links for this matters.

I'm a licensed P&C claims adjuster. Depending on the state where the collision occurred, you may not have a valid diminished value claim. Most states that I have worked in do not recognized this type of claim. I would suggest that you check with the State's laws regarding this or have the insurance company you are dealing with provide documentation showing that they do/do not owe for such a claim. If you do not get any cooperation from the insurance company regarding this issue, contact the State's agency ( likely called dept of insurance in most states) that oversees insurance companies, asking for their help

Good luck.

microbe 02-15-2012 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg 350 (Post 5055255)
I'm a licensed P&C claims adjuster. Depending on the state where the collision occurred, you may not have a valid diminished value claim. Most states that I have worked in do not recognized this type of claim. I would suggest that you check with the State's laws regarding this or have the insurance company you are dealing with provide documentation showing that they do/do not owe for such a claim. If you do not get any cooperation from the insurance company regarding this issue, contact the State's agency ( likely called dept of insurance in most states) that oversees insurance companies, asking for their help

Good luck.

Thanks for the information.

My State do have this and there are many charges $200 to $250 to provides documentation to file diminished value claims.

Any information are always welcome and thanks again.

mikemargolis 04-09-2015 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by kingofire (Post 5050970)

So the issue I had, and nobody explained it until I read the attached pdf, is that even if you have the mileage showing on the display, you have to left arrow until the lower menu shows up and "TRIP" is highlighted.

THEN, you have only three seconds to press the Phone and OK buttons. Otherwise, it only wants to reset the trip mileage.

F3LiX 04-09-2015 07:36 PM

How to reset your maintenance counter.
Step #1
Have your vehicle serviced at your local MB dealer to ensure genuine MB service and parts.

....haha sorry had too.

Key position 1
Back up to 'Trip' screen
Press 'answer call' button and 'ok' button simultaneously (Note: 'answer call' button first)
Scoll down to 'assist plus'
select services completed; 'full service'
(MY2011+) Confirm 299.5 (Note: this is a MB part number for mobil1)
Select confirm cannot be undone
'Back' button to return to previous menu

Sorry; has this been answered already?