E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Bluetooth Audio w/ iPhone 4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Bluetooth Audio w/ iPhone 4s

Sorry, Im sure this has been discussed, I've done a search but didnt get a clear answer. I have a 2010 E350 w/ P2. My iPhone is paired for telephone but am i able to stream music VIA bluetooth from my phone? I have the iPod connection in the glovebox but i really rather not have to connect my phone everytime i get in the car. I suppose i can just connect a iPod in the glovebox but i still would like to be able to play music through bluetooth if its possible.

Thanks
Old 11-23-2011, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250 Coupe
I had a demonstration at the dealer where he streamed music from his phone over the Bluetooth. The music was accessed through the command system, but I didn't see album/song names, so this feature seems to work best with preloaded playlists.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Try our Anystream. Just plugs into your iPod cable to allow streaming via BT. P2 does not include it with the system.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by Cartronics
Try our Anystream. Just plugs into your iPod cable to allow streaming via BT. P2 does not include it with the system.
It has nothing at all to do with P2....it has to do with the comand version installed in your car. I know the latest comand 4.5 handles BT streaming just fine...I actually never use the ipod/iphone connection cable I use the USB cable and a longer more flexible cable so I can keep the iphone in the drink holder.

Not sure if BT streaming is supported in comand 4.0 which is what you have in your car.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
It does have to do with P2... some cars have the basic MMI and some have MMI+
Old 11-23-2011, 05:47 PM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
If you want bluetooth streaming, you might want to read:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...w-e-class.html

Mercedes seems to put all the function in their comand modules and then selectively turn them off so the user can't see that the function is there.

Today, they say there is no browser or internet connection capability in comand 4.5, yet the code is just sitting there, waiting to be turned on in the engineering menus....and it works if you have a compatible phone (iphone is not compatible). There's another thread on this and a user who has it running.

Last edited by ghstudio; 11-23-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:59 PM
MCF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by Cartronics
It does have to do with P2... some cars have the basic MMI and some have MMI+
NO it does not. I have a 2011 P1 and stream audio via bluetooth just fine.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:17 PM

c-240
I have a brand new 2012. Streaming music through bluetooth from Command is just fine.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:25 PM

2016 GL63 AMG, 2012 E550 4 matic
Originally Posted by lamscott
I have a brand new 2012. Streaming music through bluetooth from Command is just fine.
Works great for me too but I cant figure out how to use the command to change playlist. it just goes through every single song in my library. I have to constantly sift through the wife's and babies' songs
Old 11-24-2011, 08:39 AM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by ghstudio
If you want bluetooth streaming, you might want to read:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...w-e-class.html

Mercedes seems to put all the function in their comand modules and then selectively turn them off so the user can't see that the function is there.

Today, they say there is no browser or internet connection capability in comand 4.5, yet the code is just sitting there, waiting to be turned on in the engineering menus....and it works if you have a compatible phone (iphone is not compatible). There's another thread on this and a user who has it running.
Thanks, I tried this out last night. After turning on BT i had a hard time pairing the BT. Everytime i'd tried to pair the HU and phone i kept getting a message saying it was unsuccessful. Only way i got them to sync up was to do the External Auth option when adding device(entering a code on both the phone and HU) Once i did that it worked, At least some what.
Once paired music would start playing via BT audio, on the HU screen it would show a track #(no track name) and then quickly switch to a screen that says "Activating Bluetooth" then after about 15 seconds it would say " Bluetooth Activation Paused". I kept on trying to get it to activate but it never did. Although it says activation paused it still played BT Audio from my phone. I had no controls of tracks on the HU, I was only able to control/switch songs on directly on the phone.
Controling song from the phone wouldn't be so bad(at least its an other audio option)But once the car is turned off the pairing settings are lost and the only way to reconnect is to do the "External Auth" all over again lol

Im wondering if because the iphone is already paired to the car as a telephone is maybe why its having a problem pairing the same device as a BT audio source. I'll try pairing my iPod touch as a BT audio and see if it successful at pairing.

I'll just end up connecting a iPod in the glove for music.
Kind of silly a 60K Benz can't stream BT music but a 20k Ford Focus can lol

Thanks for everyones help
Old 11-24-2011, 09:34 AM

2011 E350 Cab, 2010 B200
I had the exact same problem. Somewhere here on this forum I got the actual software update numbers. Took them to the dealership and asked them to install the upgrades to my command. They did and it works great. Just do a search on this and you should find the info. Good luck
Old 11-24-2011, 09:51 AM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by Shawnw
I had the exact same problem. Somewhere here on this forum I got the actual software update numbers. Took them to the dealership and asked them to install the upgrades to my command. They did and it works great. Just do a search on this and you should find the info. Good luck
Thanks! I will check that out. Does the dealer charge you for the SW update? I assume if i took it in with out any other work/maintenance being performed they would charge me but if i had it done on my next oil change or B1 will i get charged? My next service is B1 but thats not for another 11 months ;/
Old 11-24-2011, 10:18 AM

2011 E350 Cab, 2010 B200
Nope no charge. And that's the only reason I took it in. They were very good to deal with!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:19 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by Stano
Thanks! I will check that out. Does the dealer charge you for the SW update? I assume if i took it in with out any other work/maintenance being performed they would charge me but if i had it done on my next oil change or B1 will i get charged? My next service is B1 but thats not for another 11 months ;/
It may depend on how you ask for it.

If you say "I'd like a software update" then you may be charged, but if you say "my widget (an item under warranty) has an intermittent fault, I've been told that the software fixes it" will get you the most recent software gratis.

I can't vouch for MB, but that's the way it works with BMW and Audi.