E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Sprint Booster!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:31 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by steelgrey
I have been using a SprintBooster in my 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe for 5 years. I have not experienced any problems. It really kills me when people who have never tried one arrive at the conclusion that you can get the same results just pushing the pedal faster, harder, etc. You can't. I am a user!!! I know...I'm not speculating, I'm not guessing. The place that you really notice it the most is between gear changes where it does eliminate lag. It also is very noticeable when using manual mode. I find it somewhat unbelievable that so many people know exactely what it does and what effect it has on your vehicle without ever trying one. Please before telling people who have installed and experienced driving their cars with and without SB installed that they do not know what they are talking about are lying or stupid try one yourself...then if you feel no difference you can write informed paragraph after paragraph about how worthless they are.

I do not have one installed in my 2010 E Coupe because it's my wifes car.

This paper that everyone refers too was written in 2007 and the vehicle used in the test was a 1999 MY Benz. A little out of date. Oh, and by the way after checking out the author (5 years ago. He had a company marketing a similar product only better of course).
The marketing guys really got to you and now you need to justify your purchase. I understand that.

So, steelgray, please tell us how the SB does its magic? I don't care about the technical side, just explain please how it can do more than just step on the pedal harder.

I'd appreciate it if nobody chimes in until steelgray has an opportunity to explain.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by CEB
The marketing guys really got to you and now you need to justify your purchase. I understand that.

So, steelgray, please tell us how the SB does its magic? I don't care about the technical side, just explain please how it can do more than just step on the pedal harder.

I'd appreciate it if nobody chimes in until steelgray has an opportunity to explain.
Actually I don't need to justify anything to you or anyone else.
I don't give a damn about what you think and certainly don't feel a need to explain anything to you. End of conversation.

Let the thread go on!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GL63 AMG, 2012 E550 4 matic
Originally Posted by CEB

WTF? What is so difficult to understand? I never heard of sprint booster until I saw it here. I read some posts, I researched it a bit, it made sense. I installed it, and it works EXACTLY like everyone WHO HAS ONE has described. It makes the car TWICE as fun to drive. I am not going to give a long synopsis, because if naysayers are too thickheaded to grasp what hundreds of posts have described, I am never going to convince them. But what I dont get is what all the criticism is about. It works just as I expected if not better, marketing or not. And by the way, the Sprint Booster people have been very careful to not mislead consumers in any way. They did a good job of explaining honestly what the unit does and does not do. And now that I OWN the product, I can say that.

By the way, all of the *****ing I see on here about the delay experienced when shifting into D; well, it seems to be better with the spint booster engaged. The car seems to accelerate sooner once the transmission change is completed. Its still there, but I feel improvement.

flame suit on
Old 01-05-2012, 08:57 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by enzo thecat
WTF? What is so difficult to understand? I never heard of sprint booster until I saw it here. I read some posts, I researched it a bit, it made sense. I installed it, and it works EXACTLY like everyone WHO HAS ONE has described. It makes the car TWICE as fun to drive. I am not going to give a long synopsis, because if naysayers are too thickheaded to grasp what hundreds of posts have described, I am never going to convince them. But what I dont get is what all the criticism is about. It works just as I expected if not better, marketing or not. And by the way, the Sprint Booster people have been very careful to not mislead consumers in any way. They did a good job of explaining honestly what the unit does and does not do. And now that I OWN the product, I can say that.

By the way, all of the *****ing I see on here about the delay experienced when shifting into D; well, it seems to be better with the spint booster engaged. The car seems to accelerate sooner once the transmission change is completed. Its still there, but I feel improvement.

flame suit on
No reason for a flamesuit. You seem to understand that it does nothing more than step on the gas harder.

The guys who drank the kool-aid are those guys who try to convince others that it does more than that. Of course when they are asked to explain how that is possible, they go into cornered rat mode because they cannot explain it.

Of course if your definition of fun is having a very twitchy gas pedal and seeing how quickly you can drain a tank of gas, then the SB makes a car more fun to drive.

This is a fairly harmless mod but as with every mod, you have to properly understand what the mod does and not get dragged along with the other lemmings.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
What nobody touches on, or wants to mention, is the MPG effect. Since S.B basically fast tracks the gas pedal to do more with less, that also means that with all that extra oomph you get from a lighter foot, you're also using more gas (basically, when it feels faster, it also drinks more gas in this case). Anybody notice significant changes in MPG due to it inspiring them to drive more aggressively?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by CEB
Of course if your definition of fun is having a very twitchy gas pedal and seeing how quickly you can drain a tank of gas, then the SB makes a car more fun to drive.
LOL!!! Ok...You just made my day. Post of the week! Hilarious!

Originally Posted by CEB
The guys who drank the kool-aid are those guys who try to convince others that it does more than that. Of course when they are asked to explain how that is possible, they go into cornered rat mode because they cannot explain it.
I have not seen this anywhere in all of my research. I've seen a lot of people try to put words in someone else's mouth, but I have yet to see someone post that there is an increase on hp or anything like that.

Whew, people sure have strong opinions about this.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by K-A
What nobody touches on, or wants to mention, is the MPG effect. Since S.B basically fast tracks the gas pedal to do more with less, that also means that with all that extra oomph you get from a lighter foot, you're also using more gas (basically, when it feels faster, it also drinks more gas in this case). Anybody notice significant changes in MPG due to it inspiring them to drive more aggressively?
It absolutely must hurt my gas mileage. But so does the V8. But I didnt buy this car for the gas mileage.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Again, Sprint Booster is far more advanced than some may think or characterize. Sprint Booster contains a microprocessor that continuously monitors input. The experience that people are experiencing which is hard to explain (or uncanny as some may say), is the Sprint Booster providing a throttle response more inline with what the driver is demanding in real time. There is an algorithm element to this that is often overlooked by those who do not fully understand what Sprint Booster is or does.

We have countless customers from around the world who have tried our product. The overwhelming majority love it and talk about it to friends and on forums like this one. We want to give potential customers a chance to try our product for themselves without having to worry about their 329$ investment. We want our customers to try the product for 30 days. If it isnt for them, or they dont enjoy it, they can return it.

We invite everyone on this forum who has clear and vocal doubts to actually try our product. If you order your Sprint Booster directly from SprintBoosterUSA.com, we will even arrange to pick the Sprint Booster product up with a UPS return slip to better facilitate your trial period for the next 30 days.

No marketing foolery, No hidden fees or charges, No super technical explanations, No B.S.
We 100% stand behind our product. It sells itself!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:18 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
can something be canny? kind of like uncanny?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E-350
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Again, Sprint Booster is far more advanced than some may think or characterize. Sprint Booster contains a microprocessor that continuously monitors input. The experience that people are experiencing which is hard to explain (or uncanny as some may say), is the Sprint Booster providing a throttle response more inline with what the driver is demanding in real time. There is an algorithm element to this that is often overlooked by those who do not fully understand what Sprint Booster is or does.

We have countless customers from around the world who have tried our product. The overwhelming majority love it and talk about it to friends and on forums like this one. We want to give potential customers a chance to try our product for themselves without having to worry about their 329$ investment. We want our customers to try the product for 30 days. If it isnt for them, or they dont enjoy it, they can return it.

We invite everyone on this forum who has clear and vocal doubts to actually try our product. If you order your Sprint Booster directly from SprintBoosterUSA.com, we will even arrange to pick the Sprint Booster product up with a UPS return slip to better facilitate your trial period for the next 30 days.

No marketing foolery, No hidden fees or charges, No super technical explanations, No B.S.
We 100% stand behind our product. It sells itself!
I don't see anywhere on your web page that it will fit a 2011 E350. If you have one that fits, I may be interested! I'm always looking for an increased performance in "seat of the pants feel," regardless of all the numer crunching and technical mumbo jumbo.

I guess it is like the ole cliche', "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." In this case, if the performance feels better to the driver, it must be better. In the military, we used to have a phrase, "perception is reality." That is to say, if one perceives something, it is real to that individual...right, wrong, or indifferent, perception is reality.

If I install a Sprint Booster in my E350 and I preceive an increase in perfromance, GREAT, if not I will send it back. I have no pre-conceived expectations, I will rely simply on my "perception" of the results.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Originally Posted by CorvetteOJ
I don't see anywhere on your web page that it will fit a 2011 E350. If you have one that fits, I may be interested! I'm always looking for an increased performance in "seat of the pants feel," regardless of all the numer crunching and technical mumbo jumbo.

I guess it is like the ole cliche', "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." In this case, if the performance feels better to the driver, it must be better. In the military, we used to have a phrase, "perception is reality." That is to say, if one perceives something, it is real to that individual...right, wrong, or indifferent, perception is reality.

If I install a Sprint Booster in my E350 and I preceive an increase in perfromance, GREAT, if not I will send it back. I have no pre-conceived expectations, I will rely simply on my "perception" of the results.
http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/c-408-at.aspx
http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/download/catalog.pdf

Greetings CorvetteOJ, the above links will help you track down the Sprint Booster you are searching for.

We look forward to hearing your feedback about our product.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
This paper that everyone refers too was written in 2007 and the vehicle used in the test was a 1999 MY Benz. A little out of date. Oh, and by the way after checking out the author (5 years ago. He had a company marketing a similar product only better of course).
Dick Bipes never made a sprint booster type device. He made a SLK vario roof control via the keyfob.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:49 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
It absolutely must hurt my gas mileage. But so does the V8. But I didnt buy this car for the gas mileage....

Enzo, I hear that. If I wanted good gas mileage I would have bought a Prius...lol Dude, look what You started here, this is an entertaining post.lol
Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 PM

E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by rage2
Dick Bipes never made a sprint booster type device. He made a SLK vario roof control via the keyfob.
I stand corrected. The device he was marketing was an ACU Timing Control Unit but was not for a Mercedes.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 AM

2011 E-350
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/c-408-at.aspx
http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/download/catalog.pdf

Greetings CorvetteOJ, the above links will help you track down the Sprint Booster you are searching for.

We look forward to hearing your feedback about our product.
I feel I must revive this thread since I now have personal experience to share and feedback to provide to Sprintbooster.

I received mine on Friday, installed it on Monday. Naturally it was pouring down rain on Monday, so could not test drive it till Tuesday. (Sorry guys, I don't drive mine in the rain if I can help it.) I have spent thousands of dollars on mods and accessories for my vehicles in my life. I have never gotten so much "bang for the buck," without increasing horsepower in my life. THIS THING ACTUALLY WORKS EXACTLY AS ADVERTISED! I set it on "maximum" (choice of 3 settings) and disconnected the selection wire. I am the only driver and only need the Maximum selection. While driving it on Tuesday, I had to retrain my right foot to prevent "jack rabbit" take offs. I could not believe the difference it made. To be honest, I was totally shocked.

I understand it is not for everyone. Although I am 65, I still drive like I'm 35...not reckless...but spirited! As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have owned 8 MB (the first 2 were 5 speeds, european specs). Other than those two, everyone of them have always had the hesitation on acceleration. I have always complained about it. For years my wife drove the MBs while I was into sports cars, so I didn't have to deal with it so often and it didn't seem to bother her.

Now that I bought the "E350" for myself, there was that damn hesitation again. Here, on this forum, I learned about the Sprint Booster. I did not believe what everyone was saying and naturally didn't believe what Sprint Booster was saying. Therefore, this long post because I have never experienced such a dramatic affect from an aftermarket accessory.

My humblest apologies for doubting the advocates and the Sprint Booster folks. Suffice it to say, it is a very impressive product that works beyond expectations. Once again this forum is worth its weight in gold. I sincerely appreciate everyone who shares their experiences and opinions and I promise to do the same. Keep the shiney side up!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Man it sounds like they paid you to say that's but I know your speaking from real experience and just reading your post makes me want Togo out n buy this damn booster right now . Been Puttin it off for a year now but soon as winter goes away I'm ordering it for sure
Old 01-25-2012, 11:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Originally Posted by CorvetteOJ
I feel I must revive this thread since I now have personal experience to share and feedback to provide to Sprintbooster.

I received mine on Friday, installed it on Monday. Naturally it was pouring down rain on Monday, so could not test drive it till Tuesday. (Sorry guys, I don't drive mine in the rain if I can help it.) I have spent thousands of dollars on mods and accessories for my vehicles in my life. I have never gotten so much "bang for the buck," without increasing horsepower in my life. THIS THING ACTUALLY WORKS EXACTLY AS ADVERTISED! I could not believe the difference it made. To be honest, I was totally shocked.

I have owned 8 MB (the first 2 were 5 speeds, european specs). Other than those two, everyone of them have always had the hesitation on acceleration. I have always complained about it.

Now that I bought the "E350" for myself, there was that damn hesitation again. Here, on this forum, I learned about the Sprint Booster. I did not believe what everyone was saying and naturally didn't believe what Sprint Booster was saying. Therefore, this long post because I have never experienced such a dramatic affect from an aftermarket accessory.

My humblest apologies for doubting the advocates and the Sprint Booster folks. Suffice it to say, it is a very impressive product that works beyond expectations. Once again this forum is worth its weight in gold. I sincerely appreciate everyone who shares their experiences and opinions and I promise to do the same. Keep the shiney side up!
+1 again to Sprintbooster.

Hard to knock it when u haven't tried it...

For those that have SB, try driving your car in S mode with SB in red for a while... Then switch to E with SB turned off... You'll start to wonder why the original pedal feel was even made that way...

Last edited by EmE247; 01-25-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:35 AM

2011 E-350
Originally Posted by MBFLO
Man it sounds like they paid you to say that's but I know your speaking from real experience and just reading your post makes me want Togo out n buy this damn booster right now . Been Puttin it off for a year now but soon as winter goes away I'm ordering it for sure
Yes, you do have a point. I should have stated in my post, there were absolutely no benefits to me for making those statements. I would even venture to say the Sprint Booster folks were somehwat surprised to read them also. I basically said earlier to the Sprint Booster folks in this thread, "I would consider giving it a try, but if it didn't work I would send it back immediately," and naturally, I would have posted accordingly.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current: 2019 M5 Donnington Gray, 2021 GLE53 Diamond White Met. Previous: 2010 C63, 2012 E550 Coupe
I've been driving the wife's E550 coupe this week and I was just telling her last night that it needs a Sprint Booster. She had one on her previous W211 and she quickly agreed that this new car needs it.

Hey Sprint Booster guy, I think the 2012 E550 coupe needs the same one as you recommended for CorvetteOJ, correct?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:12 PM

E350 Coupe
Thank you CorvetteOJ finally an unbiased report from someone who has experienced the product. I have taken so much grief for my support of SprintBooster. We have a couple other things in common. I'm also retired, 65 and live in Alabama. In another thread on this forum I questioned your wanting to use caliper covers. I take it back...go right ahead!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:35 PM

All the nay sayers out there have NO IDEA what they are talking about. I especially despise the attackers that think they know so much without having the guts or means to even try one out. I think I've read 1, an only one, person that had "supposedly" tried it and said he was dissatisfied. Now that I am used to it, I think these cars feel worthless without it turned on. Although it was nice to turn it off last week when we had 7 inches of snow.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:24 AM

2011 E-350
Thank you CorvetteOJ finally an unbiased report from someone who has experienced the product. I have taken so much grief for my support of SprintBooster. We have a couple other things in common. I'm also retired, 65 and live in Alabama. In another thread on this forum I questioned your wanting to use caliper covers. I take it back...go right ahead!!!
Thanks Steelgray...Where are you at in Alabama? As for the caliper covers, yes, I just went to my tire dealer yesterday to use their lift and we installed them. I think they look great and add a great deal of sportiness to the car. As soon as the weather gets half decent around here I'll post a couple pics. They go with the chrome version of the AMG wheels I have, plus the little chrome I have added here and there. Altogether, it makes a great "Avantgarde" model.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 AM

2011 E-350
Originally Posted by enzo thecat
All the nay sayers out there have NO IDEA what they are talking about. I especially despise the attackers that think they know so much without having the guts or means to even try one out. I think I've read 1, an only one, person that had "supposedly" tried it and said he was dissatisfied. Now that I am used to it, I think these cars feel worthless without it turned on. Although it was nice to turn it off last week when we had 7 inches of snow.
I agree with you Enzo. The way mine performs now, I wouldn't want to drvie it in the snow either without turning it off. Of course here in Montgomery, the chances of me having to worry about snow is between zero and none. Be careful in that "7inch" mess. Remember, it's usually the other guy you have to watch out for.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
2010 E550 4M P2 Distronic, CLK550 Cab P2
Old thread.....Is this easy to install, come with directions? Thanks!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:36 AM

2011 E-350
Yes, it is very easy to install. Directions are provided, although common sense will just about get you there. It was the absolute easiest mod I ever made to a vehicle. Go for it, you won't regret it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster!