E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Attn: Bi-Xenon owners....Position Lamp (aka City/Parking lights) upgrade?

Old 03-08-2014, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by belarus27
i guess people havent done this yet...searched the entire google and couldnt find how to replace these on P2 headlights (( upset
have you found the answer to this because i am having the same problem right now
Old 03-08-2014, 04:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 E350 Sedan
I upgraded my halogen headlights to HID and then switched out the parking/city lights so they would match the color of the HID's.

They are size 194 error free LED's from here: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Mercedes-Er...ree_t10_2r.htm

Here is how it looks:

The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (08-21-2022)
Old 03-08-2014, 04:38 PM

2011 E350 4matic
yea i have a 2011 p2 package.. and apparently no one has found a way to swap the parking lights to LEDs
Old 04-02-2016, 07:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E350 4Matic
Hi, I got these LED's they come with their own circuit board. I would love to put them on, however, I cannot remove the factory ones? How did you remove yours? any tips?
Old 04-03-2016, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Originally Posted by VAN1
Hi, I got these LED's they come with their own circuit board. I would love to put them on, however, I cannot remove the factory ones? How did you remove yours? any tips?
As far as i know in halogen headlights its not a problem to remove those boards , but if u said u got p2 package its not so easy.. in fact i tried , but couldnt remove them. Almost looked like they are soldered or smth
VAN1 (04-04-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 08:46 PM

2013 E350 4Matic
Finally got the old ones out!

As far as i know in halogen headlights its not a problem to remove those boards , but if u said u got p2 package its not so easy.. in fact i tried , but couldnt remove them. Almost looked like they are soldered or smth
Hi, I was finally able to get the old board out. If you curl your hand under the circuit board and feel under the back of the board that is heading towards the front of the car. You will feel a little button that is right the middle under part of the back of the board. All you have to do is push it in and the boards slides out forward towards the engine bay. The only problem is getting the OEM adapter off of the board, as the adapter clip (white) which comes from the harness and snaps into another black adapter that is soldered into the board. I had to stick a small flat screwdriver under the black piece to help loosen it off the board, them I pull the white part with the black part still on it completely off the board. Then I had to play with the black end to release it from the white clip. Once that was done I just slid the new board into place and connected the white clip to the aftermarket board with the bright white LED's. The look fabulous! The old board is pretty much useless unless you solder the black clip back into it. I just threw it out as it will not go back in my car. If I do decide to replace the aftermarket LED's I can just easily disconnect the white clip now that the black one is gone, slide the card out, slide a new one on in and reconnect the clip to the new card. This was fairly easy once I figured out how to do one side and I knew exactly what to expect on the other side. The hard work pays off as it looks nicer, the only issue is that the new LED's it looks bluish-white and the factory HID's look white. So they are not an exact color match to factory HID's as the vendor described.
Attached Thumbnails Attn: Bi-Xenon owners....Position Lamp (aka City/Parking lights) upgrade?-pk2-led.jpg  
Old 04-03-2016, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
Hi, I was finally able to get the old board out. If you curl your hand under the circuit board and feel under the back of the board that is heading towards the front of the car. You will feel a little button that is right the middle under part of the back of the board. All you have to do is push it in and the boards slides out forward towards the engine bay. The only problem is getting the OEM adapter off of the board, as the adapter clip (white) which comes from the harness and snaps into another black adapter that is soldered into the board. I had to stick a small flat screwdriver under the black piece to help loosen it off the board, them I pull the white part with the black part still on it completely off the board. Then I had to play with the black end to release it from the white clip. Once that was done I just slid the new board into place and connected the white clip to the aftermarket board with the bright white LED's. The look fabulous! The old board is pretty much useless unless you solder the black clip back into it. I just threw it out as it will not go back in my car. If I do decide to replace the aftermarket LED's I can just easily disconnect the white clip now that the black one is gone, slide the card out, slide a new one on in and reconnect the clip to the new card. This was fairly easy once I figured out how to do one side and I knew exactly what to expect on the other side. The hard work pays off as it looks nicer, the only issue is that the new LED's it looks bluish-white and the factory HID's look white. So they are not an exact color match to factory HID's as the vendor described.
great job! where did you get the replacement LED with circuit board? any link?

the T10 city lights are no brainer to change, even my dog who just woke up can do it. the P2 package can be a bit of a challenge, i opened the back cover once, and when I saw how it looked, put the cover back on straight away.

if you want, you can change the color of your low beam to match the city lights. now thats a lot easier than what you did.
VAN1 (04-04-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 e550 p2
Yea could you post a link? Prolly ebay huh? Cuz thats where i found some a few months back.

Looks clean man , i might do it too.. luv it. Great job. How long it took u? And basicly no modification needed?
VAN1 (04-04-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 10:04 AM

2013 E350 4Matic

Originally Posted by beejAMG
great job! where did you get the replacement LED with circuit board? any link?

the T10 city lights are no brainer to change, even my dog who just woke up can do it. the P2 package can be a bit of a challenge, i opened the back cover once, and when I saw how it looked, put the cover back on straight away.

if you want, you can change the color of your low beam to match the city lights. now thats a lot easier than what you did.

Hi, I agree with you T10 lights are easy to install. However since I had the P2 package those lights come in a circuit broad. I actually did the same thing you did about year ago and I put the cover right back because I did not know how to remove it. I guess I let my curiosity get the better of me as I decided to give it a try. I was nervous when I broke the first black clip off. All I thought was they will not cover this repair under warranty!!! But once in I decided to go all out. I only have 22K miles on my E-Class and I am still under factory warranty. I am posting pictures of the OEM board I removed and the of the two black clips, of the board with one clip sitting on, and one of the actual clip alone. (Disclosure I am not an expert, nor do claim to be one, I took the risk of doing this on my own and I do not encourage anyone to do it on their own).
Attached Thumbnails Attn: Bi-Xenon owners....Position Lamp (aka City/Parking lights) upgrade?-oem-board-broken-clips.jpg   Attn: Bi-Xenon owners....Position Lamp (aka City/Parking lights) upgrade?-oem-board-view-2.jpg   Attn: Bi-Xenon owners....Position Lamp (aka City/Parking lights) upgrade?-balck-oem-clip-adapter.jpg  
Old 04-04-2016, 10:11 AM

2013 E350 4Matic
Oh I forgot to add the link, you can check ebay or amazon under:

(HID Matching White LED Parking Position Light For 10-13 Mercedes E-Class Pre-LCI) for many sellers.

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-Matching...ZUnaqp&vxp=mtr
The following 2 users liked this post by VAN1:
beejAMG (04-05-2016), MBSebas87 (04-05-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI

(HID Matching White LED Parking Position Light For 10-13 Mercedes E-Class Pre-LCI) for many sellers.

or

cheers mate!
Old 04-05-2016, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic

or

Thank you sir!
VAN1 (04-09-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 10:43 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2015 S205 AMG
Sorry for stupid questions, but i dont want to brake anything
Did you break anything the get the connector off? Could you just pull off the black piece withe the white plug still on?
Where you able to pull off the LED plate with the wires and plug still on?
VAN1 (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 04:57 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2015 S205 AMG
Smile

Fixed it now, and it was quite easy
Just used a small screwdiver between the print plate and the black adapter and just played with it one side at time and suddenly it came off.
I did not/ could not use the black part afterwards

Thank you VAN1
VAN1 (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 12:01 PM

2013 E350 4Matic
[QUOTE=sentralfyr;6765951]Fixed it now, and it was quite easy
Just used a small screwdiver between the print plate and the black adapter and just played with it one side at time and suddenly it came off.
I did not/ could not use the black part afterwards

Thank you VAN1[/QUOTE

I am happy to hear that I was able to help you as I had no clue nor could I find any advice online when I did it. I was worried I would break something, however, I did not give up and I am happy I kept trying. If the after-market white LED board ever fails I can remove it in seconds, now that I know how to remove the board and got rid of the black plug. I can say that without that annoying black plug in the way the task has truly become plug and play.
sentralfyr (04-10-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 e350 coupe
help pelase

Anyone with pictorial DIY guide or something?
Im about to go apepoop over this.
I just cant seem to remove the oem board, and the instruction that I received from the vendor I bought seems very different from the instruction that is given here.

below is the instruction I got.

Old 10-08-2016, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Cool

Just swapped mine with the 6k LEDs and what a difference they make! It took me around 10 min to figure out and follow steps for one side but only 2 min on the other. If you have lighting package, this mod is a must!
Old 10-08-2016, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 e550 p2
belarus27

Originally Posted by MBSebas87
Just swapped mine with the 6k LEDs and what a difference they make! It took me around 10 min to figure out and follow steps for one side but only 2 min on the other. If you have lighting package, this mod is a must!
do u have a p2? and did u follow the steps above^^??
Old 10-08-2016, 06:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2008 R350 and 2012 E350
Excuse my ignorance, but what is p2?
Old 10-09-2016, 05:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 e550 p2
belarus27

Originally Posted by Good Stuff
its a package that includes bi xenon headlights...
Old 10-09-2016, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
do u have a p2? and did u follow the steps above^^??
Yes, i followed the steps from VAN1 and also used the images as visuals. It's easier than it sounds actually. And yeah I have Bi-xenon headlights.

Originally Posted by Good Stuff
P2 includes among other things lighting package or bi-xenon headlights.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 e550 p2
PERFECT THREAD!
i was looking for it and couldnt find it , a lot of useful info that i needed lol

Last edited by belarus27; 12-08-2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Edit . posted a comment so i wont look for too long next time lol
Old 01-04-2020, 12:33 AM

Received 379 Likes on 244 Posts
2012 E550 sedan 2019 E63 Wagon
Sorry to necro revive this but I figured I would show how to get them out without breaking them. On the first pic when this are mounted on the car right below the Hella logo you can see the white plastic from the adapter. You first have to stick a needle or something really small to push that white tab back (don't worry if you scar the tab a little bit).

Then stick a screwdriver (the longer and skinnier that you can find the better) between the black connector and that white tab. Then pry them apart like opening a paint can, while keeping as close to the tab as possible. The screwdriver I am showing on pic 2 is too big, but I used it for illustration purposes.

It is crucial that you use a thin but extra long screwdriver.

Old 02-09-2020, 07:25 PM

Received 379 Likes on 244 Posts
2012 E550 sedan 2019 E63 Wagon
And here's my video of it.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:30 AM

A207
Dragging this back from the past

I just bought some replacement bulbs, getting the cable off is not an issue, but I can not for the life of me get the circuit board out of the headlight.

Is there something I am missing, failing that I think my next bet is to take the wheel arch liner out to get better access.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Attn: Bi-Xenon owners....Position Lamp (aka City/Parking lights) upgrade?