E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

My E-Class flirting with a CLS (Pics)....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550
Originally Posted by K-A
Hahaha. My GF's eyes are practically stuck in the back of her head, after all the rolling due to this.

Last night I saw a white 650i Coupe with M-Sport package parked after a rare night where we made it out to a nice dinner. Right now, my E-Class is my ideal car, really couldn't think of anything that I'd want more, that doesn't cost a significant amount more, at least. That exact 6-Series setup is one of the very few cars that currently can sway me away once my Lease is up (if I don't buy my car out, which I might do, but this particular decision goes in 180 degree motions in my head).

I drove by it, and asked.... "you wouldn't get toooo mad if I pulled over next to it and analyzed how it looked next to my car....?". Naturally, she showed resistance, then surprisingly, a window of opportunity.... DONE, pulled over, hopped out, and like a crazy person, scanned the "is this thing worth more than my car to me" aspect (I love the new 6er, but actually think E's design is currently "more my thing"). Unfortunately, it was too dark out so pics weren't in order.
Have you seen the new 6 Gran Coupe?
Before I really didn't pay much attention to it, but ever since it's been introduced...WOW!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:37 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I haven't in person yet. I actually REALLY didn't like it in pics. Looked awkward, like a 6 Coupe and 5-Series couldn't decide who's DNA is more strongly apparent within it. Looked kind of bloated and ungainly from some angles (a big criticism I've had toward BMW's for some time, a "whale fat" look, while M-B's keep it crisp and lean)....

.... However, recently I've seen some pics, namely side profiles, that DO look STUNNING. So it could be a winner. Also, apparently BMW KNOW HOW TO ENGINEER A SLEEK 4 DOOR TO BE ABLE TO FIT SOMEONE AT 6'4 IN IT!!!! M-B fails hard in that department.

I can't wait to see it in person and figure out how I really feel. Have you seen the price tag, though?! Insane! The 6-Series COUPE I thought was the most overpriced car of all time, now the Gran Coupe is looking to be. I've heard a 640 GC (6 Cylinder version) loaded with some options will be as expensive as a CLS63? The CLS seems like a bargain in comparison, technically speaking.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by K-A
I haven't in person yet. I actually REALLY didn't like it in pics. Looked awkward, like a 6 Coupe and 5-Series couldn't decide who's DNA is more strongly apparent within it. Looked kind of bloated and ungainly from some angles (a big criticism I've had toward BMW's for some time, a "whale fat" look, while M-B's keep it crisp and lean)....

.... However, recently I've seen some pics, namely side profiles, that DO look STUNNING. So it could be a winner. Also, apparently BMW KNOW HOW TO ENGINEER A SLEEK 4 DOOR TO BE ABLE TO FIT SOMEONE AT 6'4 IN IT!!!! M-B fails hard in that department.

I can't wait to see it in person and figure out how I really feel. Have you seen the price tag, though?! Insane! The 6-Series COUPE I thought was the most overpriced car of all time, now the Gran Coupe is looking to be. I've heard a 640 GC (6 Cylinder version) loaded with some options will be as expensive as a CLS63? The CLS seems like a bargain in comparison, technically speaking.
Ahhem, I'm 6'9 and had a CLS... loved it. By far my favorite car of my car selection thus far.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
hmm...i always thought the CLS was a big longer...

nice pix! I too love to walk around the benz dealer when i'm bored..
Old 06-22-2012, 01:57 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Kar don
Ahhem, I'm 6'9 and had a CLS... loved it. By far my favorite car of my car selection thus far.
That's weird. I must have a lot more torso than you. The previous CLS was very uncomfortable for me to sit in, and although the new one has basically the same headroom, something about the positioning I find to be even more uncomfortable with the frontal headroom.

With the seat all the way down, and me sitting even remotely straight up, my head practically touches the glass moonroof (with the hard points around it well under where my head is). Huge safety hazard.

The W212's frontal headroom, at 37.9" is JUST okay for me, to be comfortable, and sit straight up if I want to, without having fear of my head being decapitated in the event of an accident. Even my W211 which had 37.4" headroom was just below "right". It was livable, but on longer drives or when I was sitting more upright, the area around the moonroof was too low for me to comfortably/safely place my tall a$$ head. The extra half an inch the W212 brought in (from the W211) made it just the beginning of "livable".

Last edited by K-A; 06-22-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
as i said it before, the new bmw 6 gran coupe is drop dead gorgeous ! too bad it has a jaw dropping price !
Old 06-22-2012, 07:02 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
yeah, that new 4 door BM is slick.....that 6 series has always been my favorite BMW....