MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Factory Installed Rear Entertainment System (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/455752-factory-installed-rear-entertainment-system.html)

Decboy 07-13-2012 05:44 PM

Factory Installed Rear Entertainment System

Any one have the factory installed rear entertainment system in their W212? I was thinking of ordering that in our next W212. If you can posts some pics that will be great. The stock photo from the website doesn't really give a good angle.

Where do you load the discs? Is it from the head unit or from the dash? Also, does the video play back upon re-entering the vehicle or do you need to play the disc each time?

Thanks.

RNBRAD 07-13-2012 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Decboy (Post 5280522)
Any one have the factory installed rear entertainment system in their W212? I was thinking of ordering that in our next W212. If you can posts some pics that will be great. The stock photo from the website doesn't really give a good angle.

Where do you load the discs? Is it from the head unit or from the dash? Also, does the video play back upon re-entering the vehicle or do you need to play the disc each time?

Thanks.

There is a DVD player located in the center back seat just above the drive line hump. It is accessed from the front of the seat. You can also play a DVD from the (head unit) command system to display on both monitors or watch seperate movies on each by using the command unit and the DVD player. You can choose to wear the wireless headsets or have audio over the cars 5.1 system. It also comes with 2 remotes and each remote can control either right or left monitor with the flick of a switch. When you stop the car, the movie will start where you left off.

Attachment 379367

Decboy 07-14-2012 01:36 AM

Thanks RNBRAD, the system seems very versatile different movie for each screen and two remotes. I noticed the front headrest design is a bit different to compensate for the units being right behind it.

listerone 07-14-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by RNBRAD (Post 5280581)
There is a DVD player located in the center back seat just above the drive line hump. It is accessed from the front of the seat. You can also play a DVD from the (head unit) command system to display on both monitors or watch seperate movies on each by using the command unit and the DVD player. You can choose to wear the wireless headsets or have audio over the cars 5.1 system. It also comes with 2 remotes and each remote can control either right or left monitor with the flick of a switch. When you stop the car, the movie will start where you left off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...D/IMG_0080.jpg

So how many movies,in total,can you play at the same time? I know that you can play one in front when the car's in Park.Can you play one,while driving,from the front unit and have it seen in the back and,perhaps,play another one in the back using the back seat player?

RNBRAD 07-14-2012 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by listerone (Post 5281140)
So how many movies,in total,can you play at the same time? I know that you can play one in front when the car's in Park.Can you play one,while driving,from the front unit and have it seen in the back and,perhaps,play another one in the back using the back seat player?

Simple answer, Yes!! You can play 2 movies at once. The player in the back can be used for one monitor or both and the command up front can be used for 1 of the rears, or both or all 3 including the front, whatever you choose. It's very versatile. So with a the DVD in motion bypass harness, you can have quite the rolling movie theater. lol. The HK system really shines with a dolby 5.1 disc.

listerone 07-14-2012 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by RNBRAD (Post 5281321)
Simple answer, Yes!! You can play 2 movies at once. The player in the back can be used for one monitor or both and the command up front can be used for 1 of the rears, or both or all 3 including the front, whatever you choose. It's very versatile. So with a the DVD in motion bypass harness, you can have quite the rolling movie theater. lol. The HK system really shines with a dolby 5.1 disc.

Hmmm...interesting.And you're right about the sound.I've played several DVD-A discs on mine and the audio fidelity is outstanding!

RNBRAD 07-14-2012 07:44 PM

A key to the sound quality of this sytem is to use a DVD-A disc and turn off the flippin 7.1 processing crap. That is probably why some people think the system doesn't sound well because that processing is on.

Decboy 07-14-2012 08:38 PM

Hi RNBRAD,

One more question. Can the front headrest go all the way down meaning no gap between the headrest and the top of the seat? I believe the normal seats, the headrest can't go all the way down. Thanks.

RNBRAD 07-15-2012 02:42 PM

Yes it can go all the way down.

dfordham 07-15-2012 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Decboy (Post 5281856)
Hi RNBRAD,

One more question. Can the front headrest go all the way down meaning no gap between the headrest and the top of the seat? I believe the normal seats, the headrest can't go all the way down. Thanks.

How far down the head restraint can go is based on the position of the seat. It is a safety feature. The car approximates the height of the driver from the position of the seat and will not allow the head restraint to go to a position too low for that height person.

If you move the seat more forward, the head restraint goes farther down.

Regards,
Don

vdubpower 07-15-2012 09:31 PM

why is the leather on your seat side coming up and all wavy like that

RNBRAD 07-17-2012 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by vdubpower (Post 5282967)
why is the leather on your seat side coming up and all wavy like that

Not sure, never noticed it before. Didn't even think about it in the pic till you mentioned it :nix: I'll have to look again sometime.

fehd 03-05-2016 06:50 AM

Rear ent. system remote

Hi RNBRAD,
I just bought a Mercedes E class W212 2010, I have same rear entertainment system, but the remote lost.
Kindly help me on these issues :

Is it normal that both rear screens are always off ?
DO I need to the remote to switch them on ?
am trying to but the remote, do you know the exact part number of it.

Thanks much & Regards

jovanybg 03-12-2018 12:52 PM

bump

I've also just bought a 2014 e350 w/o remote controls and headsets.
I cannot turn the back screens on, so I guess I would need the remotes in order to do that, but want to make sure of it.
Does the remotes in need of any programming to work with the entertainment center of another car?
Thanks!

ctbenz 11-24-2018 05:54 PM

Remove Factory Installed Rear Entertainment System

Does anyone know how to remove the dvd units? One is "buzzing/rattling" and I need to diagnose the issue. It's driving me crazy!

timi njeri 02-28-2020 02:17 PM

And how to turn it off, please

Ralphatty 10-02-2023 10:51 AM

Headrest deployment

Originally Posted by dfordham (Post 5282863)
How far down the head restraint can go is based on the position of the seat. It is a safety feature. The car approximates the height of the driver from the position of the seat and will not allow the head restraint to go to a position too low for that height person.

If you move the seat more forward, the head restraint goes farther down.

Regards,
Don

I have a 2010 E350 with the monitors on the back of the headrests. I went over a big bump in the road yesterday and they deployed forward. I saw some videos on how to reset them, but none show my type of headrest. Mine doesn't seem to move downward and back to reset.