New Owner...great forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E350 4Matic
New Owner...great forum

Hello all,

I am the proud owner of a 2013 E350 P1 Sport and Wheel package...Palladium...Almond and Black interior. This is my first MB and I am pretty sure I will never own anything else. My wife just shakes her head and smiles when she passes me putting something on the car, taking pictures or just standing in the garage smiling to myself. I think I may need professional attention

I got the car about a month ago and immediately got the mod bug. I started looking for others with the same passion and found MBWorld....I have been living here ever since. What a great bunch of guys!!! Good advice and opinions. All right now that everyone's butt is sufficiently smooched. The "upgrades".

1. Morimoto Elite HD 4300K headlights from the folks at TheRetrofitSource. I used the DIY thread from the forum and the install was as advertised. A little tedious but overall pretty straight forward. Huge difference from the halogens.

2. LED parking lights and turn signals from AZN Optics. Parking light install was a piece of cake except I am having trouble matching the color of my headlights. I can't seem to find anything that matches...the search continues. The passenger side turn signal was simple...drivers side, not so much. I did manage to change it out without removing the wheel well but it was no party.

3. De-badge - no posing or ulterior motives, I just like the way it looks. I have de-badged just about every buggy in the stable and thought the W212 turned out great.

4. Tints - turned out good as well. 14% Charcoal...I am not much for the blacked out limo tint...although I have seen a few rides here that look great with it.

5. Matts - Got the MB all season matts for the winter. I don't want any snow mung on the carpets. The matts look and fit great as you would expect.

6. Star Grill - Black AMG style from the folks at 55tech. I know there are a lot of strong opinions out there about changing the grill....I really like the look, so there you go. Install was a breeze, thank you forum. I read a couple of posts and they differed in there direction. For the record...you un-clip the bottom of the grill first, and then lift up.

7. White Star flat badge - Yeah it's expensive but come on I stepped for the car and then what....I am going to put a crappy plastic emblem on the hood...umm nope. The Dude makes a quality product. IMHO and through a massive amount of searching...it is the best.

8. K&N filter - The first two things I do to new car is put a cold air kit and exhaust on it. No cold air kit made for the e350 that I could find (direct fit) so I did the filter. I like the exhaust tone as it is....maybe would like it a little deeper but I am afraid of having it sound like....how can I put this....crap. Besides every exhaust I found was outrageous....$1800 bucks for two mufflers....really? Some as high as 5k....somebody needs to stop hittin' the pipe.

9. Center caps - The stock ones are very nice but I found some that matched my wheel color that I really liked.

Next is side markers....Haven't decided if it's going to be clears with the shadow bulbs or LED's.

Oh, and just Duraglossed her. Turned out great. Used the clear coat polish and bonding agent...topped it off with the detail spray. Did the body and wheels. I am pretty sure I feel actual love for this car Sorry for the long post but I couldn't just lurk anymore and I wanted to tell you guys about my new ride...I will try to keep it short in the future. Couple of pics below.
New Owner...great forum-img_0124.jpg

New Owner...great forum-img_0128-copy.jpg

Last edited by Slcjr777; 10-18-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
Welcome to the forum! Wow one month in and already modded so much . I would look into blacked out side markers. I think that looks better than clear ones.

I am also planning to switch some front headlight bulbs. Since I have the p2 package, I don't need to get the outer two replaced. Did yours come with 4 bulbs? I just want to get my inner two bulb replaced so just wondering how you did yours.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the car!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
welcome and congrats!!

that's iridium?? looks greyer than that......
anyway, you'll love it more and more!!!
have any plans for wheels??
feel free to keep the pix coming!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:47 PM

2013 E350 4Matic
Alanme123 - posted on your thread about the lights. I assume you are talking about the Parking lights....they are a breeze to replace. Check out your owners manual. It should walk you through it. If not write back and ai will give you the blow by blow.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 PM

2013 E350 4Matic
Love the new toy Hype. I am confident that no traffic laws will be fractured when you are playing with your new toy. Wheels are on the list for sure but I don't have a set I am committed to yet. I have seen some nice ones around but if you have some ideas...please share. BTW...how did you insert the pix in your post?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 PM

Pewter W211
Wow, you really didn't waste any time. I have to respect that and can only imagine how much you'll end up doing to the car.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM

2013 E350 4Matic
I was thinking about replacing all incandescent bulbs with LED's. the thing that worries me a bit is the brightness of the LED's I am seeing. For the glove box and trunk..bright is fine, but most of the rest I want to keep fairly low key. Also am thinking about the Sprint Booster.....do you know anything about it?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hummer, E350 Bluetec
Welcome aboard, but I'm new as well.
Your car really looks Palladium.
Wheels you say?
Bavaria BC10 Gunmetal gives me Chills..
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...le-wheels.html
Old 10-18-2012, 11:58 PM

2013 E350 4Matic
All righty then. My salesman told me Iridium but it is actually Palladium...I don't really care what they call it...I just like it. What a tool

Those wheels are awesome BTW
Old 10-19-2012, 01:39 AM

Hummer, E350 Bluetec
Was it a MB Salesman? I bought mine used from a Ford Dealership. My salesman just called it Grey, and I pretty much Stole it from him. He really wanted that car off the lot Quick Fast and in a Hurry. I surmise because it was making the Taurus' look like Turds. ;-)
I was looking at all different cars; Infiniti, Nissan, Ford, Lexus, and never did I meet a really knowledgeable Salesman on the product they were selling. Maybe there's just too much to know on the Paperwork/Shafting portion of the trade.

Last edited by tome10; 10-19-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by Slcjr777
I was thinking about replacing all incandescent bulbs with LED's. the thing that worries me a bit is the brightness of the LED's I am seeing. For the glove box and trunk..bright is fine, but most of the rest I want to keep fairly low key. Also am thinking about the Sprint Booster.....do you know anything about it?
congrats and welcome aboard ! as a new member, you did a wonderful job on doing searches before making a thread to ask questions. you sounded more like a veteran than newbie. kudos for that . but i'm a bit surprised you didn't look up the sprint booster, though . here you go: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...t-booster.html

as for the led bulbs, if you are concerned about the brightness, you can still get them but with lesser numbers of smd. just a tip if you do want to change the footwells bulbs. make sure get at least one error free. yes, one is enough. no need all four. and like what you said, you can get the ones with more smd for the trunk. good luck !

Originally Posted by tome10
Was it a MB Salesman? I bought mine used from a Ford Dealership. My salesman just called it Grey, and I pretty much Stole it from him. He really wanted that car off the lot Quick Fast and in a Hurry. I surmise because it was making the Taurus' look like Turds. ;-)
I was looking at all different cars; Infiniti, Nissan, Ford, Lexus, and never did I meet a really knowledgeable Salesman on the product they were selling. Maybe there's just too much to know on the Paperwork/Shafting portion of the trade.
i wonder what did the previous owner of your w212 get at a ford dealership .
Old 10-19-2012, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 430 Posts
W212 FL
You did a good job by treating yourself the best looking car ever made by MB let alone any car in the world
This forum is lovely and friendly with many respect as well

I like your color as well , happy safe driving

You can use imageshack for uploading images, [IMG] [/IMG] tags between hyperlink and no space between these , that's the rule lol
Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Love the new toy Hype. I am confident that no traffic laws will be fractured when you are playing with your new toy. Wheels are on the list for sure but I don't have a set I am committed to yet. I have seen some nice ones around but if you have some ideas...please share. BTW...how did you insert the pix in your post?
thanx sir........
grey or not, it's a sweet ride.....
I have been seeing few of the new E classes around in my area....
wheels are kind of tough to choose; there are so many!!! and just when you think you've settled, another set comes along that you like.....
my advice is: find a company you like and stick with them, taste will change you know? don't think it's forever or your LAST set and you'll be fine
and the pictures of yours I merely copied and pasted to my comment.....

good luck!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:18 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by tome10
Old 10-19-2012, 08:36 AM

Hummer, E350 Bluetec
i wonder what did the previous owner of your w212 get at a ford dealership
lol I asked the same question. Supposedly, he wanted to pull a trailer and go camping, so he traded it in for a KingRanch. Any other answer wouldn't make a bit of sense. ;-)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:55 PM

W212
Welcome! I have the same Palladium color and love the color! Tint will be next on my list since it looks great IMO when Palladium car have tinted windows.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:31 PM

Hummer, E350 Bluetec
I can't think of a thing mine needs, other than to do something with the yellow side markers. This car is just beautiful side markers and all.. I have been thinking about a Carlsson Chip, but I don't know about crossing that line..
Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W211 E320 & W212 E550
Welcome aboard!!! Car looks great and keep us posted on the updates with pics when you can. Rims is def a hard decision cause they are as my wife said, "like shoes to a dress". In other words very important to the overall look of the car. The larger the rim the better overall sporty look but increase in noise with less ride comfort. So find your perfect balance and go with a reputable name. I think a Benz deserves nothing less. Also you wont find a better group of car enthusiest anywhere on the planet. This forum has some great and active members.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:32 AM

2010 E350
Great combo but as has been pointed out in the past I am biased.. your front end (grill) is exactly the same as mine...
Old 10-20-2012, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
They've done it forever, but why can't car companies just call colors by simple names. My 2010 is Pallidium Silver, but I ordered that color because it looks like light gray to me whereas the Steel Gray was too dark. I think in 2008, they called it Granite. Now I think they have a whole new list of color names.
You really have to see real cars in daylight to tell the colors.
Congrats on the new car!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by El Cid
They've done it forever, but why can't car companies just call colors by simple names. My 2010 is Pallidium Silver, but I ordered that color because it looks like light gray to me whereas the Steel Gray was too dark. I think in 2008, they called it Granite. Now I think they have a whole new list of color names.
You really have to see real cars in daylight to tell the colors.
Congrats on the new car!
that's another marketing strategy. they can't charge you more on paints simply called light gray, gray, dark gray, etc. they have to make up some fancy names which sometimes i don't even know what the heck they are .
Old 10-20-2012, 09:04 PM

2013 E350 4Matic
Thanks for the kind words and direction.. Don't get me started on all the color propaganda. It's not pink...it's shrimp. It's not blue...it's azure. Some guy with light blue tinted round frame glasses sitting in a room thinking up color parallels to screw with regular people. OK enough of that .
Old 10-21-2012, 08:00 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Thanks for the kind words and direction.. Don't get me started on all the color propaganda. It's not pink...it's shrimp. It's not blue...it's azure. Some guy with light blue tinted round frame glasses sitting in a room thinking up color parallels to screw with regular people. OK enough of that .
Old 10-21-2012, 09:26 AM

2018 MB C300 4MATIC Cabriolet; 2014 MB E350 4MATIC Wagon; 2018 BMW Alpina B7; 2007 Porsche 997 C4
Originally Posted by hyperion667
If you want a laugh,check out a Porsche color wheel. There are standard, metallic, special and color to sample (the latter being $3k and $5k, respectively) options. The best part is that some colors bounce back and forth between metallic and special depending on the model year. It is not unheard of for people to spend 3k for a special color and then see it on the subsequent year's order sheet as a $700 metallic option!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:01 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by printemps2001
If you want a laugh,check out a Porsche color wheel. There are standard, metallic, special and color to sample (the latter being $3k and $5k, respectively) options. The best part is that some colors bounce back and forth between metallic and special depending on the model year. It is not unheard of for people to spend 3k for a special color and then see it on the subsequent year's order sheet as a $700 metallic option!
the Porsche people DO have their hand out A LOT......
almost 400 bux for a stupid car cover; 400 to tint my windows.......for a coupe! LOL........whatever you know?

but at least Porsche HAS samples in their showroom......which is more than I can say for Benz LOL.......

"oh, yes sir, you'd like Designo in your car?? well, here are some really pretty pictures of what it looks like"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.