MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   How long did you wait for roadside assistance? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/468637-how-long-did-you-wait-roadside-assistance.html)

BM2BZ 10-29-2012 04:06 AM

How long did you wait for roadside assistance?

as title, just out of curiosity. how long did you wait for that :confused:? i finally got a chance to try that earlier tonight. don't ask, very stupid and embarrassing reason :wall:. i called them at 6:01 p.m. called again at 6:48 p.m. since no one called me back for my exact location :crazy:. the lady put me on hold for more than 10 minutes :wwf:. the guy finally came at 7:49 p.m. i asked him when did he receive a call from them and he told me about 20 minutes ago :wwf:. he said simply because not too many people are willing to take those jobs on sundays :eek:. worse yet, he said there is no charge but tips is much appreciated :eek:. i was holding my wallet the whole time and was about to give him tips but really wanted to put my wallet away after he asked :smash:. i did give him tips anyway just because i believe in good karma. anyway, back to the topic, how long did you wait for them to come :confused:?

benzmodz 10-29-2012 04:56 AM

It depends on how serious the problem is. Pregnant women, old people and children get priority in extreme weather. If you run out of water and its hot they will get there much faster.

Tjdehya 10-29-2012 05:32 AM

I have used roadside assistance twice and both times took exactly 30mins.
Both times were in the daytime on a workday.

hyperion667 10-29-2012 08:11 AM

I used it once on a Sunday morning, it took them over two hours to come!!! I'll never forget it! Some 18 year old kid shows up too.......
have not used them since.......it was for a flat tire.....true I didn't need help, just wanted to test and gauge the service

samkimg 10-29-2012 03:39 PM

First time it was right around 35 minutes in SF for a slow right rear tire leak that sped up ... patched me up and ID'd the issue with the tire (inside-sidewall scratch and leak).

Second time it was 40 minutes to my home for a dead battery ... left the truck open all night (OOPS!)

BM2BZ 10-29-2012 06:14 PM

i guess like what the guy told me, i'm just unlucky simply because no one wants to come out on sunday :wwf:!

so did they ask for tips or you guys just gave them before they open their mouths :confused:?

tjg0024 10-29-2012 09:31 PM

I waited for 30 minutes and never even thought to tip...great service for me.

BM2BZ 10-30-2012 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by tjg0024 (Post 5413025)
I waited for 30 minutes and never even thought to tip...great service for me.

so the "tech" is from the dealer or like what hype said, a 18 years old kid :confused:?

Khasona6 10-30-2012 04:51 AM

FLETCHER JONES THE BEST

tjg0024 10-30-2012 10:12 AM

For my service it was a tech from the Mercedes dealer. I was in a location that was less then 10 minutes from a dealer. The tech was awesome.

Live Oak 10-30-2012 01:53 PM

Used it twice . . . once for a flat tire, and once for a (prematurely) dead battery. Both on Sundays! A tech from the dealership came both times. They keep a guy on call for that purpose.

Response was fast. Jobs well done.

BM2BZ 10-30-2012 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Khasona6 (Post 5413364)
FLETCHER JONES THE BEST

mine is fletcher jones, too :wall:.

Originally Posted by tjg0024 (Post 5413535)
For my service it was a tech from the Mercedes dealer. I was in a location that was less then 10 minutes from a dealer. The tech was awesome.

same here. in fact, i could almost walk to the dealer :wall:.

Originally Posted by Live Oak (Post 5413823)
Used it twice . . . once for a flat tire, and once for a (prematurely) dead battery. Both on Sundays! A tech from the dealership came both times. They keep a guy on call for that purpose.

Response was fast. Jobs well done.

so did you guys call the 1-800 number or call the dealer directly? why did both hype and i get some unknown guys and most of you have a tech from the dealers :confused:?

El Cid 10-31-2012 12:26 PM

Contractors?

Like many things, MBUSA Roadside Assistance contracts with a company that finds nearest (cheapest) provider to do the service. However, I'm sure they may contact dealer if close and something simple like a dead battery or flat tire. If a tow is anticipated, very few dealers have tow trucks and distance might preclude them using the local company they use.
Have used RA with my insurance company, but not for my MB. Two hours when in middle of nowhere on Saturday afternoon; one hour when on a week-day and 15 miles from tow service company.

BM2BZ 10-31-2012 05:14 PM

something extremely simple happened but still took me almost two hours for just the wait :wall:. the job finished within three minutes :wwf:.

hmsherer 12-22-2013 09:03 AM

Roadside wait

Had the opportunity to use this service last nite (Sat 8pm) for a flat tire. It took them 50 min from the call due to the distance from the repair tech at his home. Very nice tech and good service.

On a new 2014 E how long will I have this free 24 hour road side asst? I also have AAA but wanted to see what the MB experience would be like. I dont see any info that this is an intro service, but dont think it is for the full period of ownership.

BenzMan369 12-22-2013 11:08 AM

One time. Dead battery at home in garage. Weekday morning.

40 minutes to arrival. Dispatched from the closest MB dealership - not the same one I do all my business with, which is further away.

Tech. was courteous, quick, installed a new OEM battery he came equipped with (old one was 6 years old!) and re-set all the things that need resetting when you disconnect a battery in a Benz.

He never asked for a tip, but I tipped him anyway.

El Cid 12-22-2013 11:14 AM

Used it a couple of weeks ago. Tech called me within about 5-10 minutes of my calling RA. He came from dealership and arrived in about the same time it would have taken me to drive to them - and I know where I'm going and the shortcuts.
He had been with dealership for several years and knew exactly what to do for a dead battery. Had one on the truck (actually an ML). Downside is that battery was 20 days outside of 4 year warranty, so it cost over $300 for a new one with only a 2 year warranty. No charge for the service itself.
As I understand it, RA from MBUSA is good for original warranty period or lifetime as long as you get it serviced once a year by an MB dealer.
I think there are some other qualifiers as well, but you would need to contact MBUSA.
Both dealership and RA provided excellent service.
However, next battery will come from somewhere else.

threeMBs 12-22-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by El Cid (Post 5883467)
As I understand it, RA from MBUSA is good for original warranty period or lifetime as long as you get it serviced once a year by an MB dealer.

A small correction. Above is true for vehicles purchased since revisions to RA program - from January 2011 on. All vehicles purchased prior to it will still receive lifetime RA free without restrictions as long it was purchased from an authorized MB dealer (new or used) by the current owner.

http://www.mercedesroadside.com/vcm/...RSA_Letter.pdf

Dema 12-22-2013 02:59 PM

I was waiting a little more than an hour. But if you know traffic condition in SFBA and I called at rush time, he simply couldn't arrive faster unless they switch to helicopters or something like that.

OAG 12-22-2013 05:28 PM

Used them (MB RA) twice this year. The first time was a week day and it took them 15 minutes to get here. Today (Sunday) it took 30 minutes. In both cases the problem occurred while the car was at home in the garage and the RA works out of the local dealership (on call 24/7 and drives a company ML). Dealership is about 2 miles away. Great RA from MB - I also have a backup provider (USAA) which I have never used with this car (costs me $1 a month - so cheap back up system).

PS: No tips either time and both times Dead Battery. Battery was good both times but dead - we just do not drive enough!

El Cid 12-23-2013 10:35 AM

Same story

Originally Posted by OAG (Post 5883747)
Great RA from MB - I also have a backup provider (USAA) which I have never used with this car (costs me $1 a month - so cheap back up system).
PS: No tips either time and both times Dead Battery. Battery was good both times but dead - we just do not drive enough!

Not sure I understand battery dying twice in one year? How old is the battery? Did they replace the battery each time? The tech just pulled mine because it was four years old and put in a new one.
Service Advisor told me same thing - Drive more! Too many 10 minute trips.
Have used USAA RA for other vehicles in the past and they just contact closest independent contractor towing service. However, I keep it on the MB just in case in middle of nowhere.