Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e
"I see your schwartz is bigger than mine"

Old 01-04-2014, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 & 2014 E350
Originally Posted by irisheric
Not sure what the difference is between a Lexus and Mercedes as far as repairs go. I have a MB C55 and an Lexus LS class, both are expensive. If you can't afford to make repairs on a luxury car you probably shouldn't buy one to begin with. With that said, I haven't had any real issues with either vehicle and I'm sure if I do I will be complaining extensively about it.

Whoever says they would rather have a Lexus because they're cheaper isn't paying attention to the cost of a new Lexus. If you compare pricing between a new MB and a new Lexus in the same class they're very similar.
Very true and I would rather buy an MB but co-workers think differently.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW 5er
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Are you mentally deficient?

aye, sir. i think they're tunneling in from all those discounts...
Old 01-04-2014, 05:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Originally Posted by tdisedanman
This is such a childish my car brand is better than your car brand thread.
Then why are you reading it. Because this also part of the purpose of a forum. To brag about our cars! MB is better then Lexus, BMW, Audi, Hyundia, Cadillac, and even KIA. (Till you have to go to my local MB service center)
Old 01-04-2014, 05:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Td - I hate to say it is that brand superiority concept that helps to sell all luxury brands.

Not for me of course cause I'm different.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why worry about what anyone thinks, we are all entitled to our own opinions. BMW, MB, or Audi are the top tier that all manufacturers try to beat. Infiniti & Lexus are very close behind in many ways, but the safety king is MB (although Volvo keeps trying).
Old 01-04-2014, 11:12 AM
pmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic, Obsidian Black Metallic / Designo Platinum White Leather, P1, Dist+, Pano, etc...
Originally Posted by tdisedanman
I enjoyed my Lexus GS300 very much and my wife enjoyed her ES350.They were nice rtiding dependable cars. We both are now enjoying our MB cars. This is such a childish my car brand is better than your car brand thread.
I can't agree more. Buy what you like and like what you drive. It doesn't matter if it's a Mercedes or a Fiat. If you spend your life worrying about what others think of your choices, then you are setting yourself up for a life of misery.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Different strokes for different folks

There are about as many different reasons to purchase a specific car as there are car owners. On the whole, an entry level Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, Mazda, etc. is a "better" buy than any luxury car. However, most people want more than that.
I cross shopped MB, Lexus, Lincoln, Genesis, Acura, Infiniti and Audi for a year before I decided on an MB. For ME, it was the best compromise of "luxury," comfort, performance, cost to own and status.
However, I recognize that the Asian makes have higher reliability than European makes, much higher in most cases. After warranty, this will factor directly into cost to own. Of course maintenance on all "luxury" makes is higher than on standard makes. Ex: Annual service on Toyota, Hyundai, etc. is about $100. On MB, it is $200 first year and $400 second.
I negotiated for a Lexus LS with usual premium package and they came down a whopping $1,500 on $65,000 car. MB dealer came down $8,000 on $56,000 E350 I ordered from Germany.
Bottom line is what you want on the car and how you feel about it when you drive it (and other people see you in it).
BTW, anyone who says the badge/name does not figure into the decision is deceiving themselves.
Happy Motoring!

Last edited by El Cid; 01-04-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
1992 500E, 1994 E500, 2011 E550 and 2018 GLE350
Currently own Lexus and MB. They are both nice vehicles, but there is something about the MB that I enjoy driving more. On my second Lexus and currently own two Benz which are my third and fourth MBs. My maintenance costs on the Lexus were nothing more than oil changes, tires, and routine maintenance. Toyota builds a quality product, no doubt about it. Personally, I've never seen a Nissan that I liked other than RTX and that really isn't a great looking car IMHO.

Rule of thumb: A cheap Mercedes Benz is the most expensive car you can buy.

Last edited by ilovemaui1; 01-04-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 834 Likes on 603 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by ilovemaui1
Currently own Lexus and MB. They are both nice vehicles, but there is something about the MB that I enjoy driving more. On my second Lexus and currently own two Benz which are my third and fourth MBs. My maintenance costs on the Lexus were nothing more than oil changes, tires, and routine maintenance. Toyota builds a quality product, no doubt about it. Personally, I've never seen a Nissan that I liked other than RTX and that really isn't a great looking car IMHO.

That something that makes you want to drive the MB more might be that one of these car makers copied most of the car technology and looks from the other one and it was not Mercedes-Benz who did that.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 834 Likes on 603 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by chairman
Why worry about what anyone thinks, we are all entitled to our own opinions. BMW, MB, or Audi are the top tier that all manufacturers try to beat. Infiniti & Lexus are very close behind in many ways, but the safety king is MB (although Volvo keeps trying).
You might want to check on that "safety king" as it might be opposite than what you say between MB and Volvo. Believe or not but the safety king used to be SAAB long time ago already and because of them Volvo had to become as good to be able to sell cars in Sweden.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ilovemaui1

I too own both a Lexus and a Mercedes; I've owned various model years of the GS and E class throughout the years. Currently a 2009 GS460 and a 2010 E550 4matic.

I love both for different reasons.
Maintenance wise, my Lexus wins hands down - 160k miles and drives like it just came off the lot. Not one single issue with it, ever. The e550 has not been as forgiven. It's been to the service center on numerous occasions and only has 45k miles.

Design and build wise, the E550 wins. It's just a gorgeous car, inside and out. Feels like it was built with solid materials. Get in the car, close the door, and hearing the way the door closes, feels like some sort of vacuum suction action and I'm now in my own world. Safe from the elements and noise of the external world. Ride quality is superior as well, once you go airmatic - you'll never go back. The GS lacks that "refined" touch and feel.

I can see how some people can say the MBs are over priced and not worth the money. Especially if they own a Lexus. I feel that way sometimes too. But when I'm in my E550 and in my own little world, it's worth it. Getting extra attention from the persona and prestige of a Benz doesn't hurt either.

If I had to only pick one, it would be a tough decision but the E550 would win. This decision would be made with 0% of how I'm perceived by driving a Benz...

Ok, maybe 10%
Old 01-06-2014, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
I guess I am a true luxury car buyer....I don't give a rat's behind what anyone else thinks or drives. I buy for myself not for my co-workers. The OP really must have self-esteem issues.