E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Will the E63 springs fit E550?

Old 01-06-2014, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E550
Will the E63 springs fit E550?

Can someone educate me on this please
I would think the springs on the e63's are a little stiffer and thus lower the the ones that come on non amg cars. Was wondering if any has used them In their car ? An alternative to not going as low as the standard 1.5in most springs changes basically give you. Thanks guys
Old 01-07-2014, 09:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
'03 A4 2.0 Stroker, '14 E63 S AMG, '10 E550, '10 S550, '03 C240
Yes, but only the front, the rear has air springs.

Your ride will be pretty smooth, a bit firmer, but not rock hard. You need to match the rear springs though to have the proper rate or your car will float in the rear.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:33 AM

2014 E550
Originally Posted by AudiA4Turbo22
Yes, but only the front, the rear has air springs.

Your ride will be pretty smooth, a bit firmer, but not rock hard. You need to match the rear springs though to have the proper rate or your car will float in the rear.
Thanks for the reply Audi.
Would you suggest going the H&R route ?
I would hate to buy some springs and it not corrct the ride height i want.
Seemed like the E63 springs would have been perfect .
Old 01-08-2014, 04:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
'03 A4 2.0 Stroker, '14 E63 S AMG, '10 E550, '10 S550, '03 C240
Much better to go with either Eibach or H&R, they match the spring rate to your specific application so your car will handle better and ride fine. Get the H&R Sport setup not Race, sport is just to lower it a tad.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW 5er
i would also change the dampers as well as the springs, or go with a coil over set to dial in the exact height that you want.

oem springs are matched with the oem dampers. if you go with shorter springs, you are losing suspension travel in the dampers. this can cause premature wear on the oem dampers and possibly a rougher ride that is prone to bottoming out more often. sportier dampers are stiffer in both compression and rebound and can handle the shorter suspension travel imposed by the shorter springs.

a lot of people will tell you that its perfectly fine to just replace your springs, but in reality suspension is a multi-variable equation. there are a lot of other parts to change out as well, once you start down that path: bump stop, bushing, control arm, sway, ALIGNMENT, and so on.

i'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world, but it's a topic worth thinking through before tinkering with, especially if all you want is a more pleasing appearance.

just my 2 pennies from experience with aftermarket suspensions & wheels.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:37 PM

2014 E550
Originally Posted by E Classy
i would also change the dampers as well as the springs, or go with a coil over set to dial in the exact height that you want.

oem springs are matched with the oem dampers. if you go with shorter springs, you are losing suspension travel in the dampers. this can cause premature wear on the oem dampers and possibly a rougher ride that is prone to bottoming out more often. sportier dampers are stiffer in both compression and rebound and can handle the shorter suspension travel imposed by the shorter springs.

a lot of people will tell you that its perfectly fine to just replace your springs, but in reality suspension is a multi-variable equation. there are a lot of other parts to change out as well, once you start down that path: bump stop, bushing, control arm, sway, ALIGNMENT, and so on.

i'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world, but it's a topic worth thinking through before tinkering with, especially if all you want is a more pleasing appearance.

just my 2 pennies from experience with aftermarket suspensions & wheels.
This is very good info , that i certainly appreciate . Thank you