MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Advice on Deal (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/532122-advice-deal.html)

harkirath 02-24-2014 04:10 AM

Advice on Deal

Hey Everyone.

I drive a 335i and am planning on picking up a E350 for the household as well.

The model I'm looking at is a 2013 CPO with 16k miles on it. It is white exterior with a tan interior. Sport line. P1. Carfax is clean and car shows it's been serviced well.

The dealer is asking for 41k for it. Is this a good deal or can I do better? If so, how much better?

Also, the wheels on the car are these.
https://socalwheels.com/content/prod...s/IMG_9761.JPG

Shouldn't the sport line have the AMG labeled wheels (dual-spoke 5star)?

Would appreciate any information. Thanks.

joeyza 02-24-2014 07:15 AM

Depending on the rest of the options for the car you are considering, it seems like a good deal.

Here are the details of my 2013, CPO, 13k miles. purchased 1/9/14:

Sale Price: $48,491
Final: $46,300
TTL: $3056
Doc fee: $295
Pre-paid maintenance: $1299
Out the door:$50,950

2013 E350 4MATIC®, Mercedes-Benz Certified, 4D Sedan, 3.5L V6 DOHC Direct Injection, 302hp, 7-Speed Automatic, Black, and Almond Beige Mb. Nav. Premium 1 Package (COMAND® System w/Hard-Drive Navigation, Heated Front Seats, iPod/MP3 Media Interface, iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable, Power Rear Window Sunshade, Premium Sound System, and SIRIUS Satellite Radio), 17 8-Spoke Alloy Wheels, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, 8 Speakers, ABS brakes, Air Conditioning, AM/FM radio, Anti-whiplash front head restraints, Auto tilt-away steering wheel, Auto-dimming door mirrors, Auto-dimming Rear-View mirror, Automatic temperature control, Bodyside moldings, Brake assist, Bumpers: body-color, CD player, Comfort Suspension, Delay-off headlights, Driver door bin, Driver vanity mirror, Dual front impact airbags, Dual front side impact airbags, DVD-Audio, Electronic Stability Control, Emergency communication system, Four wheel independent suspension, Front anti-roll bar, Front Bucket Seats, Front Center Armrest, Front dual zone A/C, Front fog lights, Front reading lights, Fully automatic headlights, Garage door transmitter: Homelink, Genuine wood console insert, Genuine wood dashboard insert, Genuine wood door panel insert, Head restraints memory, Heated door mirrors, Illuminated entry, Knee airbag, Leather Shift Knob, Leather steering wheel, Low tire pressure warning, MB-Tex Upholstery, Memory seat, MP3 decoder, Occupant sensing airbag, Outside temperature display, Overhead airbag, Overhead console, Panic alarm, Passenger door bin, Passenger vanity mirror, Power adjustable front head restraints, Power adjustable rear head restraints, Power door mirrors, Power driver seat, Power moonroof, Power passenger seat, Power steering, Power windows, Radio data system, Rain sensing wipers, Rear anti-roll bar, Rear fog lights, Rear reading lights, Rear seat center armrest, Rear window defroster, Remote keyless entry, Security system, Speed control, Speed-sensing steering, Steering wheel memory, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Tachometer, Telescoping steering wheel, Tilt steering wheel, Traction control, Trip computer, Turn signal indicator mirrors, Variably intermittent wipers, and Weather band radio. Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned means you get an additional 12 months Limited Warranty on top of the existing factory warranty, or up to 100,000 miles of coverage. We also do up to a 162-point rigorous inspection/reconditioning, 24/7 roadside assistance, trip-interruption services.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/q...psfb79ae43.jpg

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps35ba2743.jpg

dfordham 02-24-2014 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by harkirath (Post 5952747)

AMG wheels are an option ($500 IIRC).

Regards,
Don

mikeyle 02-24-2014 03:10 PM

the amg wheels come with the wheel package which should also come with the flat bottomed steering wheel. those wheels come with the regular sports package. the wheel package for me was a must have option and a lot of cars should have it. id be aiming for around 40-41k out the door for the car, anything under 40 would be a good deal. i got my 2012 with p2, drivers assistance package and wheel package and 19k miles for a little over 44k out the door last summer.

drsaab 02-24-2014 03:38 PM

Auction price is 39k, I think 41 is a killer deal for a CPO!

Most 2012 models are advertised at the $40-42k mark.

harkirath 02-24-2014 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by mikeyle (Post 5953208)
the amg wheels come with the wheel package which should also come with the flat bottomed steering wheel. those wheels come with the regular sports package. the wheel package for me was a must have option and a lot of cars should have it. id be aiming for around 40-41k out the door for the car, anything under 40 would be a good deal. i got my 2012 with p2, drivers assistance package and wheel package and 19k miles for a little over 44k out the door last summer.

Damn right yoy are. Just checked the pics and it's not the flat bottom wheel.

harkirath 02-24-2014 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by drsaab (Post 5953240)
Auction price is 39k, I think 41 is a killer deal for a CPO!

Most 2012 models are advertised at the $40-42k mark.

That's 41k before tax and fees. So that's a good price for it?

mikeyle 02-25-2014 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by harkirath (Post 5953507)
That's 41k before tax and fees. So that's a good price for it?

if the dealer is listing it for 41k, then you def have lots of room to bargain, you should never even consider paying sticker no matter how good a price you think it is, 41k sticker price should be no more than 38k before ttl.

harkirath 02-25-2014 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by mikeyle (Post 5953797)
if the dealer is listing it for 41k, then you def have lots of room to bargain, you should never even consider paying sticker no matter how good a price you think it is, 41k sticker price should be no more than 38k before ttl.

Listed at 46.9. I'm down to about 41 right now seems like I can't get lower. Deal looks good to me. I might ask them to throw in the AMG wheels.

tiyyara 02-25-2014 10:46 AM

FYI for comparison (not really apples to apples)
CPO 2011, with extended warranty up to 7 yrs (4yr original+1CPO+2 bought extra see below)
350 4 matic 33k miles, Pkg 1, sport pack, rear decklid spoiler, rear sunshade automatic
2 yrs included maintenance 40k and 50 k maintenance
33900 for car
1400 for Warranty extension (100 USD deductible)
199 dealer fee

drsaab 02-25-2014 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by mikeyle (Post 5953797)

I think you are just posting without any educated knowledge.

The car is a CPO and must be in mint, OEM condition, They are 38500 range in the AUCTION in average condition before recon and cost of CPO certification. Why would you think the dealer would sell retail for 38k? Where in this country do you see a 2013 CPO with that miles for under $40k even.

Its like Walmart has a samsung TV worth 500, and try to sell it for 520. They can get 500 back from samsung easily for all unsold inventory. Why would they sell it to you for 480... below the wholesale returnable value?

everything has a wholesale value, even if its advertised at 41 you can not assume its 3k less after dealing. It may be a loss leader to get ppl in, or old stock where there ready to dump it to the auction, but not below auction.

If 2013 CPO were easily available at 38k, they would be "flying off the shelf".. 20k below msrp on a 1 yer old MB with unlimited miles wrrty. sweet deal.

mikeyle 02-25-2014 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by drsaab (Post 5954312)
I think you are just posting without any educated knowledge.

The car is a CPO and must be in mint, OEM condition, They are 38500 range in the AUCTION in average condition before recon and cost of CPO certification. Why would you think the dealer would sell retail for 38k? Where in this country do you see a 2013 CPO with that miles for under $40k even.

Its like Walmart has a samsung TV worth 500, and try to sell it for 520. They can get 500 back from samsung easily for all unsold inventory. Why would they sell it to you for 480... below the wholesale returnable value?

everything has a wholesale value, even if its advertised at 41 you can not assume its 3k less after dealing. It may be a loss leader to get ppl in, or old stock where there ready to dump it to the auction, but not below auction.

If 2013 CPO were easily available at 38k, they would be "flying off the shelf".. 20k below msrp on a 1 yer old MB with unlimited miles wrrty. sweet deal.

I was saying that if the sticker was 41k, then there must be room to bargain. I have never seen a dealer post a price for a car and be 100% firm on that price, if they list a price, they expect every single buyer to come in and haggle that price down a bit. has anyone here ever paid sticker price for a cpo benz? i highly doubt it.

dkchips 02-25-2014 05:25 PM

Agree with drsaab

I agree with drsaab on the value of the CPO 2013 E350 that you're looking at.

Auction pricing is one of the main foundations that supports any value - especially for MB Dealers.

The most likely scenario is that this particular car is a trade in to the original selling dealer and there could be many variations as to why such a newer car is traded in.

I'd ask to see the Carfax - this will tell you where the car was bought and if the car was resold through Auction. Here in SOCAL where traditionally this is a Mercedes buyers market that 41k price is more than competitive.

If you find that this was indeed a car traded in to the original dealer also ask the dealer for the reasons.

It cost about $1,500 for a dealer to CPO a E350 - then add the servicing and necessary reconditioning (if needed) to this cost.

If it's truly a MB CPO then you'd get the unlimited mileage for the extension of warranty - 2 payment rebates - 1.99% financing and 2 prepaid services.

You'd be foolish - in my opinion - to let this deal slip through your fingers.

drsaab 02-25-2014 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by dkchips (Post 5954587)

If it's truly a MB CPO then you'd get the unlimited mileage for the extension of warranty - 2 payment rebates - 1.99% financing and 2 prepaid services.

You'd be foolish - in my opinion - to let this deal slip through your fingers.

I agree, foolish to let the deal slip. But the rebates, and 1.99% and prepaid are only on 2010-2012. NOT on 2013 at this point. after feb 28, all may change. and the 2013 only go down in time. so waiting is not hurting.

I also suggest looking at a P2 and distronic car if you have time. It changes the car to real state of the art high tech vs nice luxury sedan.

stale-bread 02-25-2014 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by drsaab (Post 5954645)
I agree, foolish to let the deal slip. But the rebates, and 1.99% and prepaid are only on 2010-2012. NOT on 2013 at this point. after feb 28, all may change. and the 2013 only go down in time. so waiting is not hurting.

I also suggest looking at a P2 and distronic car if you have time. It changes the car to real state of the art high tech vs nice luxury sedan.

Exactly as drsaab said. P2 with distronic is a big jump in tech. You wont be disappointed if you can locate one. The 2k plus or more on used wont increase your monthly too much:)

harkirath 02-26-2014 04:02 AM

I negotiated down to just about 40k. I don't think I can get much better and since I'm in the market for an E350 now, its either a fully loaded 2010 or 2011 with minimal warranty/CPO left or this car.

I think this deal is too good to pass on and I'll save the P2 for a brand new purchase sometime down the line.

cbeck44 03-04-2014 03:41 PM

Resurrecting this to see what happened with the deal.

Also, gauging the current market for 2013 CPO E350's with P1 and sport. Saw one with 16K miles listed at $44K - assume some room left? Car appears to be the original selling dealer, no auction.

harkirath 03-04-2014 03:43 PM

I got it for 40.3 before taxes. Same boat as the car you're looking at being the original selling dealer.

Dealer also threw in a $250 service credit.

cbeck44 03-04-2014 03:47 PM

Thanks for the update - sounds like a great deal. Did you purchase additional warranty?

harkirath 03-04-2014 04:33 PM

No additional warranty. 3 years left on regular and then the one year CPO.

JoelE55 03-05-2014 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by harkirath (Post 5952747)

It is white exterior with a tan interior. Sport line. P1.

Sport line doesn't always comes with an AMG wheels, unless it is an AMG package.