MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Ordered Pedalbox... (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/537837-ordered-pedalbox.html)

2nice4me 04-09-2014 11:36 PM

Ordered Pedalbox...

1 Attachment(s)
Ordered pedalbox, similar functionality as the sprintbooster but with more options to customize your settings.

Unfortunately the website was not correct and I received the wrong item (assuming it was for E350 pre 2010), the connector we have is the same as the W204's so I placed an order for that one while dealing with the return.

Can't wait to get rid of the lag.

stale-bread 04-09-2014 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2nice4me (Post 6003455)
Ordered pedalbox, similar functionality as the sprintbooster but with more options to customize your settings.

Unfortunately the website was not correct and I received the wrong item (assuming it was for E350 pre 2010), the connector we have is the same as the W204's so I placed an order for that one while dealing with the return.

Can't wait to get rid of the lag.

How do the options vary from Sprintbooster? It looks to me they have gone from "instant response" to five other levels of less instant response? I guess that makes some sense. :nix:

The lag is horrible! You will really enjoy your ride a lot better after you receive the correct version.

2nice4me 04-10-2014 12:50 AM

I had the 1st Gen of the SB (without the 3 setting option) and was only ok with its performance, I always felt that the car adapted itself after a while.

The pedal box features:
-3rd Generation Technology;
-Increased, precise, throttle response, faster!;
-Eliminates throttle response delays;
-Car responds in approximately half the time at low rpm;
-Acceleration delay in third and fourth gear equal zero;
-Maintains power throughout the entire gear change cycle;
-Easier Overtaking in all gears;
-Plug-n-Play less than 15 minute install;
-Improved fuel consumption in Eco Mode;
-Reliable EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) cover over the housing;
-TÜV approved, German Autobahn Certified;
-Three modes with six levels of customization, 18 levels in all,
each for, on the fly, throttle MAP (Mass Air Pressure) switching;

steventnguyen 04-10-2014 02:16 AM

What site did you order these from and how much?

2nice4me 04-10-2014 09:54 PM

Compared to the SB pricing this is a good deal $265: http://www.twmperformance.com/pedalb...s-pedalbox.htm however you may want to hold off with ordering as there are some issues that they need to resolve.

The 2011 E350 4 Matic option has been removed from the drop down menu as there was a mistake and I ended up getting the wrong unit and now have to send it back (at my expense).

I looked at the european websites and have determined that devices for the W204 is the same as for the W212 so I ordered that one in the meantime while i deal with the return.

2nice4me 04-22-2014 11:20 PM

Received my second units and installed it, took me more like an hour to install to make it as clean as possible.

I like the default red setting the best and don't think i will ever need to change it unless the car starts adapting (hope it doesn't). Basically just a slight push of the gas pedal and the car moves. looking forward to my drive to work tomorrow.

The Ryno 04-23-2014 12:42 PM

That sounds awesome. Please update us on the drive to work! I am curious as to whether the benefits justify those costs? I am interested.

2nice4me 04-23-2014 10:04 PM

LOL, the drive to work was actually terrible. not because of the device, it was the stop and go traffic.

Anyway, for me it is 100% worth the expense, function wise it is the same as the sprintbooster (which has been discussed in great lengths in MBWORLD) but this one is cheaper. $268 including tax and shipping (you have to enter coupon code).

My only concern is that the vehicle may adapt to the device (it did with the 1st gen sprintbooster) and will provide an update later in the month.

steventnguyen 04-24-2014 12:06 PM

Can you pm me the coupon code?

2nice4me 04-24-2014 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by steventnguyen (Post 6019716)
Can you pm me the coupon code?

it's 'SHIP" and you can find it on the the website (on the right hand side). stupid that they even make you enter the coupon if it is posted on the site. but like my first order I didn't notice the coupon code so I guess from their POV it makes sense.

2nice4me 05-11-2014 12:46 AM

So i have had the device for a few weeks now and the car had slowly adapted itself to the pedalbox (just like the sprint booster did). so just did the ECU reset and it is back to its original sensitivity.

So that is a slight disappointment but it was something that i anticipated to happen. I still am happy with the purchase.