MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   I love SummerFit washer fluid! (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/542609-i-love-summerfit-washer-fluid.html)

frostsdad 05-18-2014 02:55 PM

I love SummerFit washer fluid!

Just in case no one has used it before grab some Benz Summer Fit washer fluid concentrate. I picked up 20 bottles for $20 on eBay. The stuff cleans my windshield like using soap. Thanks to my neighbor who is an MB master technician for the heads up. I won't buy anything else - I even put it in my Cadillac I love it so much.

mikemargolis 05-18-2014 03:50 PM

Can you tell us what it is an why it is better?

frostsdad 05-18-2014 05:53 PM

Apologies for the lack of pertinent info....

Summer fit is a concentrate that is Mercedes branded- it doesn't leave streaks and cleans less like fluid and more like soap. You can actually see the bubbles, albeit a few, on the windshield. It doesn't leave a soapy residue however - IMO it provides a much better cleaning cycle. Simply mix one tube with water and it does the trick. In the winter I don't feel comfortable mixing with just water - so I add a little cheap blue stuff that prevents freezing but you still get the deep clean effect from the concentrate.

QUOTE=mikemargolis;6046010]Can you tell us what it is an why it is better?[/QUOTE]

BenzV12 05-19-2014 02:43 AM

Thanks , I am using any reputable window cleaner that women use to clean up windows lol
Thanks anyway, I will ask the service department about it

frostsdad 05-19-2014 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by BenzV12 (Post 6046407)
Thanks , I am using any reputable window cleaner that women use to clean up windows lol
Thanks anyway, I will ask the service department about it

LOL - I always used "whatever" in the reservoir until I tried this. It is unbelievable. I don't know how much it is at the dealer but 12 on eBay is around $20 and worth every penny considering a gallon of the blue stuff is $2 for a reaervoir full.

Btw, I recently found out there is a winter version (to my earlier comment about reluctance to use in freezing temps where I mix with the blue stuff) called winterfit.

stale-bread 05-19-2014 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by frostsdad (Post 6047117)
LOL - I always used "whatever" in the reservoir until I tried this. It is unbelievable. I don't know how much it is at the dealer but 12 on eBay is around $20 and worth every penny considering a gallon of the blue stuff is $2 for a reaervoir full.

Btw, I recently found out there is a winter version (to my earlier comment about reluctance to use in freezing temps where I mix with the blue stuff) called winterfit.

Just curios, Do you work/own this winter product "Frost"sdad?

frostsdad 05-19-2014 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by stale-bread (Post 6047273)
Just curios, Do you work/own this winter product "Frost"sdad?

Alas, no. "Frost" is my 14 year old dog :). I found winterfit on eBay from a guy in Denmark when I was buying the summerfit fluid .. Seems like it is only commonly sold in Europe - but it has a Benz part number so I am going to try and buy some this fall.

stale-bread 05-20-2014 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by frostsdad (Post 6047288)
Alas, no. "Frost" is my 14 year old dog :). I found winterfit on eBay from a guy in Denmark when I was buying the summerfit fluid .. Seems like it is only commonly sold in Europe - but it has a Benz part number so I am going to try and buy some this fall.

So, your second post here since joining yesterday is about an awesome washer fluid you can buy on ebay for a discount? Seriously dude, forgive my scepticism but at least pay to be a sponsor. :bs:

Not buying it or you.