MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Best Product for Leather? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/550853-best-product-leather.html)

jesser916 07-29-2014 06:02 PM

Best Product for Leather?

Which is the best product for cleaning and conditioning the leather ?

bob2011 07-29-2014 06:51 PM

I use Zaino z9 and z10. Cleans and conditions quite good! And keeps my leather smelling new!

jesser916 07-29-2014 07:07 PM

i see...I will look into this...

meldow 07-29-2014 07:44 PM

+1 for zaino. have also heard good things about lexol

no_mulligan 07-29-2014 08:40 PM

Google "LeatherMaster".

cbeck44 07-29-2014 08:47 PM

+1 on Leather Master.

Munich77 07-29-2014 10:25 PM

I also use Leather Master.

BenzV12 07-30-2014 04:33 AM

This :
http://www.leatherique.com

CEB 07-30-2014 10:46 AM

This question always gets the identical responses.

Those people who use Zaino as their wax/polish will recommend Zaino

Those people who buy their stuff in retail stores will invariably recommend Lexol.

The vast majority of others will recommend Leatherique or LeatherMaster.

Most of us started with Lexol and then moved on to less greasy products.

For badly worn leather, I got introduced to Leatherique for a quick refresh of a 30 year old MB. Leatherique is a two step time intensive process that works extremely well but probably is a bit of overkill on a modern car.

LeatherMaster has an application process like the store bought stuff (wipe-on, wipe-off) but does a superior job of cleaning and preserving.

Are you sure you have leather? Most (literally 90%) of all MB's sold in the US have MB-Tex which looks similar to leather but isn't.

You'll want to use a different product for that and never, ever, use a microfiber cloth to clean MB-Tex. Use Aerospace 303 for plastic (like MB-Tex) and rubber surfaces. It will not leave a shiny mess.

jesser916 07-30-2014 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by CEB (Post 6120246)

Those people who buy their stuff in retail stores will invariably recommend Lexol.

For badly worn leather, I got introduced to Leatherique for a quick refresh of a 30 year old MB. Leatherique is a two step time intensive process that works extremely well but probably is a bit of overkill on a modern car.

LeatherMaster has an application process like the store bought stuff (wipe-on, wipe-off) but does a superior job of cleaning and preserving.

Are you sure you have leather? Most (literally 90%) of all MB's sold in the US have MB-Tex which looks similar to leather but isn't.

You'll want to use a different product for that and never, ever, use a microfiber cloth to clean MB-Tex. Use Aerospace 303 for plastic (like MB-Tex) and rubber surfaces. It will not leave a shiny mess.

yes i have real leather. i only sit on animals..nothing else!

so you're recommending leathermaster?

instantfob 07-30-2014 11:28 AM

I use 303 Aerospace with blue shop towel on MB-Tex.

On my BMW with harder leather, I recently switched to Mother's LeatherTech Moisture Infusion Gel Cream. I like it so far and it's less messy than Lexol. I need to apply that to my new smart Electric Drive this weekend.

It's stupid that even my smart car has leather but my E350 doesn't!

CEB 07-30-2014 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by jesser916 (Post 6120285)
yes i have real leather. i only sit on animals..nothing else!

so you're recommending leathermaster?

I've had extremely good results with LeatherMaster to keep the leather surfaces looking new.

jesser916 08-01-2014 12:15 PM

Which leathermaster product should i get? There's so many online to choose from.

cbeck44 08-01-2014 01:24 PM

The Leather Master Strong Leather Care Kit is good:

http://www.autogeek.net/strong-leather-cleaner-kit.html

CEB 08-01-2014 02:27 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5e9b4783ff.jpg

Originally Posted by cbeck44 (Post 6122886)
The Leather Master Strong Leather Care Kit is good:

http://www.autogeek.net/strong-leather-cleaner-kit.html

and the code cd10 will get you 20% off. Not sure for how long so order soon. That kit should keep you in a clean leather for at least a couple of years.

Here is a shot (done by detailer's domain) of a Lexus with LeatherMaster. This is what sold me.

stale-bread 08-05-2014 08:29 PM

Curious as to who has experience with the ventilated leather seats? Anyone experience issues with the product staying in the perferated leather? I would like to condition mine soon.

CEB 08-06-2014 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by stale-bread (Post 6126949)
Curious as to who has experience with the ventilated leather seats? Anyone experience issues with the product staying in the perferated leather? I would like to condition mine soon.

The droplets are generally too large to get into the perforated bits, but if it does it will quickly dry and disappear.

stale-bread 08-08-2014 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by CEB (Post 6128040)
The droplets are generally too large to get into the perforated bits, but if it does it will quickly dry and disappear.

Thanks for the tip CEB!

CEB 08-08-2014 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by stale-bread (Post 6129169)
Thanks for the tip CEB!

What you'll see is tiny flecks of the product "sticking" to the holes. A second wipe will remove most and whatever remains will dry quickly.

Remember that you want to try out any product you will use in an inconspicuous area - but - remember that the back and sides of leather seats are not real leather and may react differently, so try the product on those areas you know are leather as well.

In general, a product made for leather won't harm plastics, but a product formulated for plastics can harm leather.

designzio 11-09-2016 11:15 AM

Anyone use the MB leather care sold at dealer? I love how my car smells inside, trying to keep it that way.

ElisTwoCents 11-10-2016 11:38 PM

Currently on Lexol but I've never tried the LeatherMaster

El Cid 11-11-2016 12:10 PM

Use Lexol products for leather and vinyl.
Most of your car is vinyl or plastic, only seat facings and steering wheel are leather. So you need to do all the other surfaces with vinyl/plastic treatment.
Lexol Vinylex is great and is non-greasy and does not leave a shiny surface. Not stocked by most auto parts places, so you may have to order it. Goes a long way and lasts a long time.

belarus27 11-11-2016 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by El Cid (Post 6966783)
Use Lexol products for leather and vinyl.
Most of your car is vinyl or plastic, only seat facings and steering wheel are leather. So you need to do all the other surfaces with vinyl/plastic treatment.
Lexol Vinylex is great and is non-greasy and does not leave a shiny surface. Not stocked by most auto parts places, so you may have to order it. Goes a long way and lasts a long time.

are you using two different Lexol products one fore leather and one for vinyl/plastic? or you using one Lexol thing for leather/plastic/vinyl? if so then this is my next buy after im done with my 303 protectant bottle. thanks

El Cid 11-11-2016 02:57 PM

Two different ones

Originally Posted by belarus27 (Post 6966830)
are you using two different Lexol products one fore leather and one for vinyl/plastic? or you using one Lexol thing for leather/plastic/vinyl? if so then this is my next buy after im done with my 303 protectant bottle. thanks

Two different products. The one for vinyl is Vinylex and the one for leather is something else. One is in a tan bottle and one in light blue (Vinylex).