MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   car phone (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/552742-car-phone.html)

dbldpr 08-14-2014 09:18 AM

car phone

Does anyone know if you can have more that one smart phone set up in the car. Currently I have my phone set up . My wife wants her phone set up in the car also. Will it pick up both phones if we are both in the car? Thanks ahead of time.

listerone 08-14-2014 11:01 AM

Yes,you can.IIRC I had three phones paired to my Bluetec.However I don't believe that you can have more than one functioning at any given time...but I'm not 100% sure of that.

DMan918 08-14-2014 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by listerone (Post 6135552)
Yes,you can.IIRC I had three phones paired to my Bluetec.However I don't believe that you can have more than one functioning at any given time...but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Correct, only one phone can be connected at a time, but it can pair multiple devices.

pamiboy 08-14-2014 03:20 PM

That's true. Only one phone at a time, depends on who gets near / in the car first. I get annoyed sometimes when my wife's phone gets connected while we are traveling ;).

Dema 08-14-2014 07:40 PM

Connect only yours and setup wife's one call forwarding to yours. It should solve the problem.

If you sync both phones address book, then you should get a merged one in the car, so it is easy as recognize calls as dial up for the book using voice.

Dema 08-14-2014 07:40 PM

Connect only yours and setup wife's one call forwarding to yours. It should solve the problem.

If you sync both phones address book, then you should get a merged one in the car, so it is easy as recognize calls as dial up for the book using voice.

thefisch 08-14-2014 07:48 PM

It would be nice if you could connect different devices for BT phone and BT audio at the same time. That way the kids can DJ from the back seat while I can still monitor incoming calls.

pamiboy 08-15-2014 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dema (Post 6136097)
Connect only yours and setup wife's one call forwarding to yours. It should solve the problem. If you sync both phones address book, then you should get a merged one in the car, so it is easy as recognize calls as dial up for the book using voice.

Thanks.
I still didn't get your solution.
Let me explain my problem again. Both of our phones are sync'ed to car. Suppose I get out at a gas station or somewhere for a short while ( and my wife waits in the car meantime), the car automatically connects to wife's phone and stays that way. Then after I restart driving and I happen to receive a call, the phone rings but not the hands free as it is connected to other phone already. You say that I setup call forwarding to my phone..... In that case wouldn't all future calls be automatically routed to my phone whether I'm in or out of the car ( and I'll have to remember to disengage the re routing every time I get out of the car.....? Is that what you are trying to say???

dbldpr 08-15-2014 04:46 PM

from all that I have read I believe that I will not connect my wifes phone to the car but I will forward her calls to my phone while we are in the car on vacation. That way I will receive all the calls on hands free.

thefisch 08-15-2014 05:59 PM

The car is going to connect to a paired phone that is present. If it loses the connection it looks for any phone on the list to connect. It has no idea that you left and are coming back. And it doesn't boot one phone off because it is lower priority than another. It would be easiest to toggle bluetooth off on the phone that you don't want to connect to the car. Then the other one will autoconnect.

dbldpr 08-15-2014 06:24 PM

thanks

weinschela 08-15-2014 07:18 PM

My experience has been that the car connects to the last phone that was connected. If it doesn't find it, it goes to the next one on the list.

pamiboy 08-15-2014 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by thefisch (Post 6137311)
It would be easiest to toggle bluetooth off on the phone that you don't want to connect to the car. Then the other one will autoconnect.

Thanks. That is the only solution that we have found so far. The better option is to not connect the wife's phone to bluetooth at all. The advantages being....
1) Most of the time if we are together I will be doing the driving
2) She doesn't want all her friends (and their girlie) talks to be announced inside the car...:)
3) She can talk on the phone as usual as she is not driving anyway .... and lastly
4) She gets called every five minutes and it lasts for at least 30 minutes each....:rolf: (and that can get really annoying on a long trip).

thefisch 08-16-2014 05:29 PM

Even though I am the primary driver, I did pair my wife's phone for the rare instance when she might take my car out. That way she has the convenience and safety of hands free. If her phone ever connected first (normally I am the waiting in the car:(), then simply toggling her BT off on her android is two touches on the phone rather than digging in the comand menu.