E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E350 Bluetec - Should I?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 06:44 PM

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
Not sure if this is true about the oil burners, but the gas burners also have a 2nd reverse gear that is activated with the E/S switch. Why? I have no clue, but it's mentioned in the technical literature on the transmission.

Raron: Tell us more how it's going. You obviously have driven quite a few cars and this is quite a different animal from them.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
w212 E350 Bluetec & Mk7 GTI Sport
bunny, yes youre right. Tad diffrnt e/s reverse ratio. Not noticeable really. I mean who times how fast they reverse.

As for the E/S discussion,
They have done tests online with 0-60 in E and S, and oftentimes show the same results. In everyday driving, my personal experience is that S sounds louder, but ultimately allows for more control. Especially in crowded settings the S mode is more forgiving in all the fluctuations of brake and gas and also during hard and soft presses on the throttle. E is smoother, less noisy and gives me better responsiveness for speed.

Say what you will, Im not etching this on marble tablets saying its from the gods, im telling you what i feel driving these cars.