MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Bluetooth Audio Streaming in 2011 E350 (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/567339-bluetooth-audio-streaming-2011-e350.html)

rizo 12-11-2014 07:51 PM

Bluetooth Audio Streaming in 2011 E350

Hi Guys, I would like to know if someone has a solution for this, I have a 2011 E350 and it would not connect to my audio streaming from my iphone even though the phone is connected and I can make calls via Bluetooth with no problem. I would appreciate some insight. Thanks

Alex.currie44 12-12-2014 12:45 AM

Tell us what you have done to try use it please. I have no issues with my iPhone 5.
Will it connect through the USB connector?

mikemargolis 12-13-2014 08:34 PM

Are you an early 2011 with the black and white speedometer display, or a late one with the color display?

In either case, mine which is the older version, used to connect and stream from my Iphone 4.

It works great with my Samsung S4 and S5 now too.

Alex.currie44 12-13-2014 09:07 PM

iPhone connectivity

Originally Posted by mikemargolis (Post 6262664)
Are you an early 2011 with the black and white speedometer display, or a late one with the color display?

In either case, mine which is the older version, used to connect and stream from my Iphone 4.

It works great with my Samsung S4 and S5 now too.

I have to agree. Mine is a 2011 built late 2010 with the white cluster.
My iPhone 5 streams music as does my wife's 4s.
I just paired it up per instructions.

aeroconfigs 12-13-2014 10:30 PM

One thing about my 2010 that bothers me a little is the lag time from car start to bluetooth connection. It's like there's a built in delay with the 2010 and maybe 2011. The newer model c and e classes I've driven with the color gauge cluster display and updated comand will start the Bluetooth connection almost instantly after starting the car. Maybe I'll hack around in the eng menu to see if there's a time delay setting that can be changed.

Alex.currie44 12-13-2014 11:09 PM

Interesting comment.
Mine probably takes the length of time to back out of the garage to connect but my wife's 4s connects as I drive in and her phone is in her purse in the house.
Is it a function of the phone or a combo of both?
I would be interested to find out what you come up with.

aeroconfigs 12-13-2014 11:18 PM

I think it depends on the car, because I've synced my same phone with different cars and experience the delay with my 2010, while the newer models synced and started audio playback almost immediately after ignition. I'd say mine takes 30-60 sec and it's consistent with different ROMs and different phones, which a makes me think it's a built-in delay. IPod connection starts immediately.

What's more annoying is that I can't immediately do Bluetooth calls, but usually i dial on the phone and put it on speakerphone, and by the time the other person answers it's ready.

Arrie 12-14-2014 02:41 AM

Does anybody "new" in the forum do any search anymore before they just start a new thread?

It has been discussed "miles" in this forum about the Bluetooth audio streaming and how 2010 and most 2011 models need the software upgrade for it to work.

Dema 12-14-2014 03:51 AM

Lengthy BT connection is actually phone problem in my experience. I have several Android phones, and some take longer to be recognized and connected. It is for 2010 model where I enabled BT streaming using hidden menu. However I didn't notice a big difference in later E class where the option is available OOTB

aeroconfigs 12-14-2014 07:06 AM

I don't really mind discussing but agree that there are tons of old posts on this. Probably the best one is called something like "anyone know of hacks for the e class?"

Bluetooth sync and streaming is definitely buggy on my 2010, which is probably why enabling it was hidden in the first place. I had better success with newer models, but never got the 2010 working consistently no matter what the phone, and I tested a lot of phones including several versions of android and iOS. Maybe my problem is that i need to try windows phone!

Arrie 12-14-2014 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by aeroconfigs (Post 6262888)
I don't really mind discussing but agree that there are tons of old posts on this. Probably the best one is called something like "anyone know of hacks for the e class?"

Bluetooth sync and streaming is definitely buggy on my 2010, which is probably why enabling it was hidden in the first place. I had better success with newer models, but never got the 2010 working consistently no matter what the phone, and I tested a lot of phones including several versions of android and iOS. Maybe my problem is that i need to try windows phone!

I had 2011 and now have 2010. Both the same. Just enabling the BT does not fix it. SW update is needed, period. After that works fine in both cars.

aeroconfigs 12-14-2014 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Arrie (Post 6263033)
I had 2011 and now have 2010. Both the same. Just enabling the BT does not fix it. SW update is needed, period. After that works fine in both cars.

I wouldn't say it works fine, even with everything up to date. Half the time the audio playback starts when it syncs, the other half I have to pull out my phone and start it myself. Also it likes to pretend like the phone isn't there sometimes and I have to hit connect Bluetooth device before it will do audio playback again.

So maybe its the ones with the full color display in the gauge cluster that have the better software that allows instant playback. When did that start, with the new 14s? I know the older c classes with the color display did better too.

Alex.currie44 12-14-2014 03:17 PM

Mine usually starts itself when I select BY audio but what I don't get is the functionality to select play back modes i.e. Artist, album, shuffle etc. that I get when I hard connect it to the system and use media interface.
What my phone is set to do is what I get. I can skip a cut and that is it.

aeroconfigs 12-14-2014 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Alex.currie44 (Post 6263154)
Mine usually starts itself when I select BY audio but what I don't get is the functionality to select play back modes i.e. Artist, album, shuffle etc. that I get when I hard connect it to the system and use media interface.
What my phone is set to do is what I get. I can skip a cut and that is it.

Yeah, play/pause, and skip track forward and back, that's it. If I'm lucky, I get the track name and artist displayed in the screen. Usually works well for audio files on my phone sd card but not so well for streaming stuff from SoundCloud.