Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W212)
Good price on 2015 E350 sport? >

Good price on 2015 E350 sport?

Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Good price on 2015 E350 sport?

 
Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3, sti, ML
Good price on 2015 E350 sport?

Hey guys,

Wanted to know if this is a good price on a 2015 E350 sport 4matic. In stock car.
MSRP: 63280
Neg: 54,500.
Works out to about 13.9 % off msrp. This is with USAA discount.

Dealer is in westchester NY. I think its good, but can I do better? This is the first offer. If i can get them down to 54 even we'll bite. Should i be getting 15% off?

Car is for my colleague, and told her i'll help her out!

Thanks!
MrSnoopy is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 02:24 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 256
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
I would be happy at the negotiated price and it is in the bottom 10% of what people are paying nationally on True Car. 54 is, of course, better.
KarlG is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 08:33 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 1,367
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 E350 4M Sport
More than a fair price. Don't be too greedy .
noka is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 10:10 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,755
Likes: 0
Received 501 Likes on 421 Posts
2014 E63S, 2014 Acura MDX, 2008 Infiniti G35x
Take it! Try for more but don't walk out over $1000
PeterUbers is offline  
Old 04-24-2015, 08:46 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
nycebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 494
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Agreed. I'd also take it. Indeed, I'd gladly pay a touch more for a car at a dealer with great service than the cheapest price at a dealer whom I don't have a lot of faith in.
nycebo is offline  
Old 04-24-2015, 01:49 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Really depends on the dealership and the area you're in. In Sacramento area there is 3 dealerships within a 35 mile radius owned by the same person and they do not do more than 6k-7k off MSRP...Luckily there is around 10 dealerships in the bay area(1.5 hours away) to choose from where you can get 11k off minimum..i got 12300 off mine...


I don't think there's any harm in trying to get at least 11k-12k off...the more you get off the better!!
jesser916 is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 01:17 AM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Dema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,677
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i535
Where did you get $12k off? Walnut Creek?
Dema is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 09:35 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 177
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml 350 Bluetec, E350 Bluetec, Lexus Ls460L, SC430
Originally Posted by MrSnoopy View Post
Hey guys,

Wanted to know if this is a good price on a 2015 E350 sport 4matic. In stock car.
MSRP: 63280
Neg: 54,500.
Works out to about 13.9 % off msrp. This is with USAA discount.

Dealer is in westchester NY. I think its good, but can I do better? This is the first offer. If i can get them down to 54 even we'll bite. Should i be getting 15% off?

Car is for my colleague, and told her i'll help her out!

Thanks!
Im in westchester as well, thru truecar I have found the best dealer to look at is Benzel Busch in Englewood, NJ.

Last edited by BluetecKING; 04-28-2015 at 08:23 AM.
BluetecKING is offline  
Old 05-10-2015, 09:51 PM
  #9  
BW
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 BlueTEC
Anyone know of a good dealer in Southern California that will offer $10-12K off? I'm thinking of leasing an E-Class over the Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully the deals/incentives are better then. I got 17% off MSRP end of December 2012.
BW is offline  
Old 05-11-2015, 06:20 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by Dema View Post
Where did you get $12k off? Walnut Creek?
yes
jesser916 is offline  
Old 05-11-2015, 11:00 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Trancebolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 268
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
w212 E350 Bluetec & Mk7 GTI Sport
Keep chiseling off points, resulting in usually just a few dollars per month less, and wonder why certain materials become cheaper and they dont give you as much lee-way with warranty work.

Choking the life out of them beyond reasonable points for the PURPOSE of preventing them from making money (salesmen and dealers alike) is why car companies like Hyundai suck ***. You start paying your salesmen less per car, per bonus and per salary. Then you start cheapening the car materials. Then you start outsourcing more parts to vietnam. Bam your driving a kia.

If youre CASHING Out a car, okay.... I understand you have the whole chunk and wish to minimize the blow, fine. Financing? Wish to keep it reasonable, great. but to be honest. How many of yall would give such a large discount.

Last edited by Trancebolt; 05-11-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Trancebolt is offline  
Old 05-12-2015, 08:56 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
nycebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 494
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Some people care about price; others care about service. Takes all kinds. For my part, I fall into the good service category. Alas, it's something that's virtually long been lost in the US given the state of roads, airlines, etc. I'll take home service and gladly pay a nice tip for the effort.

How does this pertain to car dealerships? I always patronize the family-owned business if they reward me with their fair dealings and good faith efforts.
nycebo is offline  
Old 05-12-2015, 01:04 PM
  #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-Class, Range Rover, Lamb
Originally Posted by nycebo View Post
Some people care about price; others care about service. Takes all kinds. For my part, I fall into the good service category. Alas, it's something that's virtually long been lost in the US given the state of roads, airlines, etc. I'll take home service and gladly pay a nice tip for the effort.

How does this pertain to car dealerships? I always patronize the family-owned business if they reward me with their fair dealings and good faith efforts.

This is the the attitude of a winner. More and more people only care about the price....and then want top service after the dealer has cut more and more.



I rarely acknowledge the price (I know a fair number going in and what my budget is). 10-40k ain't gonna break me, and I am there to build relationships/status within.


My negotiating tool? I walk in and tell them what I want and do the best for both of us. That being said, I expect what I pay for an top notch service/ zero problems after.


I wish that those who demand a lower price get rock bottom service and get bumped if I need something done in terms of time.
GabrielNov is offline  
Old 05-12-2015, 05:21 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mercedes E350 Sport
Well, to each his own. This type of logic reminds me of when the small hardware company in my neighborhood tried to compete with the new Home Depot. I tried to support them, and it was a noble effort, but I ended up going to the Big Box for price and selection (even though the service was no where near the small store), as did everyone else. Don't hate me for it! This is why the Walmarts of the world exist. Somethings I'll pay extra for due to the service or quality of the product, and somethings are simply more of a commodity to me.

I get the maintenance contract and can use this at any dealer. I lease for 24 months, so there are no significant services anyway during that time.

To the original poster, I posted my recent E350 purchase price details in my first post this board (over the weekend). Hope helpful.
porsche911sc is offline  
Old 05-12-2015, 11:59 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 257
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E400
You guys who thinks you're building "relationships & status" are delusional.

The service dept don't care how much you overpaid for your car at the sales end. If it makes you feel better to add more profit to the dealership, go for it!

For those of us who wants to save some more $$$, good luck to ya.
MB dealerships will not sell you a car at a loss, so it doesn't hurt to negociate...
NickTH is offline  
Old 05-13-2015, 12:29 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
kash2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: in these United States
Posts: 282
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'10 W212 4matic P2-Distronic / '14 Cayenne / '04 X5 3.0 / '13 Altima
Originally Posted by NickTH View Post
You guys who thinks you're building "relationships & status" are delusional.

The service dept don't care how much you overpaid for your car at the sales end. If it makes you feel better to add more profit to the dealership, go for it!

For those of us who wants to save some more $$$, good luck to ya.
MB dealerships will not sell you a car at a loss, so it doesn't hurt to negociate...
Totally agree.

Service doesn't care and doesn't know

I worked in a smaller city that had a benz and an american car brand in the same dealer back in College

New cars sales for the american brand too many salesman for too few car sales --> they know the turnover is high and its a revolving door

Mercedes --> I left 10 years ago, the same sales people work there, they make plenty of money.

Used Car sales --> big money too if they get promoted to that lot

Even if a dealer sold you their benz at invoice they still make money its called dealer holdback.

How many Mercedes Dealerships closed during the financial crisis? Enough said.

@Gabriel that isn't a negotiation tactic, that is called a donation.

Mercedes and all of these luxury brands have the ability to go with fixed pricing ala tesla and iphone. They choose not to, anyone who chooses to pay more, suit yourself
kash2014 is offline  
Old 05-13-2015, 01:42 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
kash2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: in these United States
Posts: 282
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'10 W212 4matic P2-Distronic / '14 Cayenne / '04 X5 3.0 / '13 Altima
Originally Posted by Trancebolt View Post
Keep chiseling off points, resulting in usually just a few dollars per month less, and wonder why certain materials become cheaper and they dont give you as much lee-way with warranty work.

Choking the life out of them beyond reasonable points for the PURPOSE of preventing them from making money (salesmen and dealers alike) is why car companies like Hyundai suck ***. You start paying your salesmen less per car, per bonus and per salary. Then you start cheapening the car materials. Then you start outsourcing more parts to vietnam. Bam your driving a kia.

If youre CASHING Out a car, okay.... I understand you have the whole chunk and wish to minimize the blow, fine. Financing? Wish to keep it reasonable, great. but to be honest. How many of yall would give such a large discount.
Illogical. Cashing out a car means the dealer has less incentive to cut a deal ie they need to keep their finance department in business, dealer's make money by financing a car, and ppl pay interest on the principal both parties have an incentive to "minimize the blow".

"I'm paying in cash" dealers don't want to hear that

Dealerships are cash cows, the ones that don't make money sell an inferior product and are poorly managed. Quite surprised that there is so much sympathy for these high end dealerships. Mercedes chose to go the road of "inferior" car brands, due in part to volume production.
kash2014 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good price on 2015 E350 sport?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: