E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

RW Carbon Fiber Mirrors Installed!!!

Old 06-26-2015, 11:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
RW Carbon Fiber Mirrors Installed!!!

Hello MB world!

I finally installed my CF side mirror covers I purchased through Matt from RW Carbon! I couldn't find any "step by step" instructions with pictures on the forums or online, so I decided to post my steps and list what worked for me. One thing I couldn't find was what "star driver size I should get" so after a couple trips to the parts store it was the (T-10) driver lol. Overall, its pretty easy to remove the side mirror cover and switch out the turn signal light.

If anyone has any questions let me know!

My first time doing this so I'm a rookie, I am also not any way shape or form a mechanic...I'm actually a Business Development Rep for a Software company. But hey If I can do it, YOU can do IT!

Thanks to Matt-erhorn's youtube video, Removing the OEM side mirror was a piece of cake!

These are some helpful tools that worked for me: T-10 Star Driver and a "handy removal tool" (pictured in the top right) from Ebay. I used the "handy removal tool" to wedge in between the bottom of the side mirror cover in the front. Just need to separate the small bar part of the mirror cover a few centimeters, Then, wiggle and pull up! NOTE: make sure to adjust the mirrors to line up with the inside housing so the side mirror cover bar thats in front will clear as you pull up.

Now removing the LED strip is easy as well, Use the T-10 driver to unscrew two screws. You'll then want to make sure you pull up from the "skinnier" side, there is adhesive though! but only in the middle part, behind the skinny strip in the middle of the cover. I used the "handy removal tool" to slowly separate the skinny middle part away from the turn signal. I didn't need to use a heat gun, just slowly used that tool to separate. Then pull down and towards you to remove

Insert the turn signal light by sliding it in the cover, then push up to snap in the clips and screw in the two screws and its in!

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Rad (04-06-2017)
Old 06-27-2015, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
First off, they look great especially with the white color.

Second, great post with step by step instructions and pictures. Not everyone cares to help others out that way. Also, great to see the after photos.

Third, I hope they give you a credit for advertising for them as I expect this will get them some business.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:29 PM
SPONSOR

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
C190 GT C
Thank you very much for the install guide and the nice quality pictures of the mirrors, it is greatly appreciated!!
Old 06-27-2015, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 573 Likes on 429 Posts
W212 FL
I am chrome guy then cf but your mod is superb , thanks for posting
Old 06-29-2015, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350
Anymore pics of the whole car from different angles? I have a CF lip and have been contemplating adding the CF mirrors to compliment them, but I also like the contrast the dark led strip has on the white housing
Old 04-04-2017, 11:32 AM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Hey this was a great write-up---thanks!! What 'color code' is your white?

Anyone have any pics of CF mirror installed on Designo Diamond White (799)? I have that color, and wanted to see how the contrast/final product would look.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
How long have you had it

Hi
Just wanted to know if you had it install for a long time now and if the sun made any changes to it , im in south florida and im worry about the 15hr days in the sun may screw it up