E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E250 Bluetec - mpg?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 E250
I bought a demo E250 last August with about 750 miles on it and have driven it on several trips and always average at least 46 MPG on the highway over the course of a full tank. Have seen it go as high as 52 over several hundred miles. In town, it averages 38 to 40 MPG in the winter and I expect it to go higher as it breaks in and with warmer temperatures this coming summer. Couldn't be happier and am disappointed that Mercedes hasn't offered the diesel here on the newest model. I really wanted a E Class wagon with the diesel and 4matic but none to be found in my area, and not offered on the new ones. What a shame!
Old 04-08-2017, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Originally Posted by GRock
I really wanted a E Class wagon with the diesel and 4matic but none to be found in my area, and not offered on the new ones. What a shame!
Such a car is my dream for last 20 years, but it never exist and I doubt ever will due environmental requirements.
Diesel wagons did sell in out of America markets and I know at at least 2 of them in US (!) but never 4M.
Anyway, I destroyed wife 2008 Bluetec driving it via flooded street and am on the market for new sedan.
Was looking at 2011 E320 BT and like what they did to the chassis, while I understand the engine did not change from 2008 ?
At some point 320 BT had power increased from 210 to 260 HP, but that is not crucial for me.
So now my dilemma is to spend <$15k for older 320/350 BT or >$20k for newer 250BT.
What you guys think ?
Old 04-08-2017, 09:02 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 E 250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by kajtek1
Such a car is my dream for last 20 years, but it never exist and I doubt ever will due environmental requirements.
Diesel wagons did sell in out of America markets and I know at at least 2 of them in US (!) but never 4M.
Anyway, I destroyed wife 2008 Bluetec driving it via flooded street and am on the market for new sedan.
Was looking at 2011 E320 BT and like what they did to the chassis, while I understand the engine did not change from 2008 ?
At some point 320 BT had power increased from 210 to 260 HP, but that is not crucial for me.
So now my dilemma is to spend <$15k for older 320/350 BT or >$20k for newer 250BT.
What you guys think ?
Thats funny. You were trolling me in the Diesel forums for having water in my tank from a contaminated fueling station which there was no way of me knowing. Yet you consciously drove through a flooded street and wrecked your car. The irony is just too strong. LOL
Old 04-08-2017, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
What you guys think ?
i just paid 19.7k for a 2012 e350 Bluetec with 33k miles... extremely happy with it
Old 04-09-2017, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Diesel #2
Thats funny. You were trolling me in the Diesel forums for having water in my tank from a contaminated fueling station which there was no way of me knowing. Yet you consciously drove through a flooded street and wrecked your car. The irony is just too strong. LOL
I see huge difference between taking a reasonable risk in your life and bear consequences and ignoring your responsibilities in tracking bad fuel supplier, while bearing consequences of your laziness on (doing his job) dealer.
Not the first time I wonder about your age?
Old 04-09-2017, 12:31 PM

2016 E 250 Bluetec
I see huge difference between taking a reasonable risk in your life and bear consequences and ignoring your responsibilities in tracking bad fuel supplier, while bearing consequences of your laziness on (doing his job) dealer.
Not the first time I wonder about your age?
At the end of the day my car is running perfectly, and to change the fuel filter cost me $0. While, your scratching your head trying to spend another $20,000 on buying a replacement car because you thought your diesel was a raft.

By the way, my age is 31. You probably have 20 years on me and still making childish mistakes.

Last edited by Diesel #2; 04-09-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I paid 7 grands for the car and probably can recoup that parting it out.
Driving via 6" of water turn out a mistake, but it is a chance adults have to take from time to time.
Childish would be demanding a stealer to pay for it, like our friend did after he filled up water with fuel.
When you have flooded highway exit and no detour available- you have tough choice.
Anyway, it is disappointing that MB design the car to so easy suck the water.
Even the air inlets are pretty high, they don't have water drain, while front spoiler pile up few inches of water up to them.
Coming to choices, I seek higher mileage diesels to get low price.
Berti had nice find with low mileage, but he paid premium as well.
The main issue with buying replacement is finding white car. When they seem to be rare for 2007-09, white looks non-existent on newer cars.
I have white GLK locally, so might check it tomorrow. Anyone have opinion about them?
Than we don't really need the car, as sedan is only used when we have visitors and our roadster is too small, while dually is too big.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:29 PM

2016 E 250 Bluetec
I paid 7 grands for the car and probably can recoup that parting it out.
Driving via 6" of water turn out a mistake, but it is a chance adults have to take from time to time.
Childish would be demanding a stealer to pay for it, like our friend did after he filled up water with fuel.
When you have flooded highway exit and no detour available- you have tough choice.
Anyway, it is disappointing that MB design the car to so easy suck the water.
Even the air inlets are pretty high, they don't have water drain, while front spoiler pile up few inches of water up to them.
Coming to choices, I seek higher mileage diesels to get low price.
Berti had nice find with low mileage, but he paid premium as well.
The main issue with buying replacement is finding white car. When they seem to be rare for 2007-09, white looks non-existent on newer cars.
I have white GLK locally, so might check it tomorrow. Anyone have opinion about them?
Than we don't really need the car, as sedan is only used when we have visitors and our roadster is too small, while dually is too big.
The GLK you are looking at is a diesel ? They are good cars. What is it going for, how many miles ?

So do you suggest i take a fuel sample everytime i fill up ? Because if it happens to you one day (which I hope it doesn't) you will be singing a different tune. Unless you take a fuel sample and examine the diesel before you fill up which i highly doubt that you do.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262926563747...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Here is the listing for GLK. Funny white on white car is listed black/black. Shows you how much dealers care about proper advertising.
Coming to our personal issue, seem I can't get my point to you. You filled fuel with water- that can happen. You decided not to file claim with gas station - your choice.
But you demand that MB dealer give you free service for the issue and that is something that you don't deserve.
You've got freebie you don't deserve = good for you. But why whine about it on forum?
That is very bad sample for young car owners.
Somebody WILL have to pay for your freebie and very easy it can be next forum member.
On edit, I noticed newer Bluetec do have air inlet redesigned and much much higher now. So no more water from the grille flooding the engine.

Last edited by kajtek1; 04-09-2017 at 07:30 PM.