MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   AC not working!!! Any ideas? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/598868-ac-not-working-any-ideas.html)

pgolfco 09-08-2015 12:03 AM

AC not working!!! Any ideas?

2011 E350 with 80K miles. No issues with the vehicle to this point. I turned on the air conditioner this morning and noticed after a short time that the air was not cool. The little red LED above the A/C button wasn't lit so I pressed it and it blinks, but doesn't stay on. Fuse maybe? Or something more serious?

Your help (as always) is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

jahquan3 09-08-2015 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by pgolfco (Post 6549676)
2011 E350 with 80K miles. No issues with the vehicle to this point. I turned on the air conditioner this morning and noticed after a short time that the air was not cool. The little red LED above the A/C button wasn't lit so I pressed it and it blinks, but doesn't stay on. Fuse maybe? Or something more serious?

Thank you,
Chris

Could it be a faulty AC sensor? I've read about this issue on one of the forums not to long ago.

pgolfco 09-08-2015 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by jahquan3 (Post 6549909)
Could it be a faulty AC sensor? I've read about this issue on one of the forums not to long ago.

I used the search function, but couldn't find anything about that. I also heard that disconnecting the battery sometimes "resets" systems like the A/C. Any thoughts about that?

jahquan3 09-08-2015 04:19 PM

I've never heard if resetting the AC takes place after disconnecting the battery. Every search I do here or on Google refer to a Compressor issue or a faulty sensor. I see one post with a simple test to try and gauge whats wrong. Not sure if it'll help any but it's all I could find on this forum quickly.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ing-times.html

C280 Sport 09-08-2015 09:45 PM

You might be low on R134a. Usually if the light is blinking like on the old E 210's and E 211'S it means you are low on the gas and it is a safety feature to save the Compressor. My guess is you have a nasty leak. You need to run the DIY into the system. Then patch the leak and refill.

DunZach 05-19-2022 10:07 AM

A/C not working

Originally Posted by pgolfco (Post 6549676)

Thank you,
Chris

I just wanna share my experience so hopefully I can help someone else.
i have e350 2012. The a/c wouldn’t turn on. The indicator light blinks 3 times and it stays off. At a car shop told me it is the compressor and I didn’t believe them.
So, checked with ac machine, the system was still full, so no leaks. I plugged cheap obd scanner and I read all the temp sensors. The pressure sensor was reading 0 psi. I ordered aftermarket pressure sensor (located front left under radiator) installed, vacuumed, charged and the ac now blowing below 45f.

MBNUT1 05-22-2022 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by DunZach (Post 8566343)
I just wanna share my experience so hopefully I can help someone else.
i have e350 2012. The a/c wouldn’t turn on. The indicator light blinks 3 times and it stays off. At a car shop told me it is the compressor and I didn’t believe them.
So, checked with ac machine, the system was still full, so no leaks. I plugged cheap obd scanner and I read all the temp sensors. The pressure sensor was reading 0 psi. I ordered aftermarket pressure sensor (located front left under radiator) installed, vacuumed, charged and the ac now blowing below 45f.

Excellent first post. Like you stepped up to the plate and hit a homer.