E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

latest 2017 W213 interior and exterior photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 06:35 PM

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
E300-4matic
Navigation Screen

It's hard to tell from your pictures but I now know for a fact that the navigation screen will be built-into the dashboard unlike the current C class or some of the spy shots I have seen previously. Aside from that is there anybody that can't honestly say that the W213 (assuming the exterior pictures are accurate) doesn't in fact look like a length-ed C class car and if this is the case is it really worth another $15k to $20k for an extra 6 to 8 inches in body length as the width is pretty close to the current C class and the wheelbase difference is only 2 inches, also more than 50% of the owners of the E class drive with only one or two people in the car. One last consideration, this car will come standard with a 4 cyl. engine for $65k to $70k I would hope that MB would at least give their largest market our moneys' worth. BMW started putting in 4 cyl. engines in their 5 series cars about 5 years ago and I know people that own them and they all say the same thing, it's under-powered.
Also, MB has started the undertaking of the moving of their headquarters from Montvale, NJ to GA and the dealer as well as the owner consensus is that the reaction time to customer complaints as well as dealer complaints hasn't shown any improvement, the reaction has been exactly the opposite. Warren Buffet is right, "Only invest in companies or products from companies that can be run by idiots as they invariably will be", hence MB 2015.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
reminds me of a post from FB in the Philippines when the new iphone 6 plus and new samsung was about to come out. a lot of debate about pros and cons and people are starting to argue. one guy then said..."too much argument about which is better but they dont even have the money to buy either!" needless to say, nobody posted after him.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
?

Originally Posted by 1guitar
It's hard to tell from your pictures but I now know for a fact that the navigation screen will be built-into the dashboard unlike the current C class or some of the spy shots I have seen previously. Aside from that is there anybody that can't honestly say that the W213 (assuming the exterior pictures are accurate) doesn't in fact look like a length-ed C class car and if this is the case is it really worth another $15k to $20k for an extra 6 to 8 inches in body length as the width is pretty close to the current C class and the wheelbase difference is only 2 inches, also more than 50% of the owners of the E class drive with only one or two people in the car. One last consideration, this car will come standard with a 4 cyl. engine for $65k to $70k I would hope that MB would at least give their largest market our moneys' worth. BMW started putting in 4 cyl. engines in their 5 series cars about 5 years ago and I know people that own them and they all say the same thing, it's under-powered.
Also, MB has started the undertaking of the moving of their headquarters from Montvale, NJ to GA and the dealer as well as the owner consensus is that the reaction time to customer complaints as well as dealer complaints hasn't shown any improvement, the reaction has been exactly the opposite. Warren Buffet is right, "Only invest in companies or products from companies that can be run by idiots as they invariably will be", hence MB 2015.
First, the move to Atlanta area is now done and they are in their new temporary HQ until permanent building is finished. Moving to Atlanta was not really supposed to resolve dealer or customer complaints.
Do you have any real concensus that MBUSA has not been at least as responsive to dealers or customers? Personally I have not experienced any problems nor heard of any that would be related to move.
What specifically makes MB or MBUSA a company "run by idiots?" The move to Atlanta was for financial reasons that will save MBUSA millions of dollars in the long term. In addition, it places the HQ closer to their US plants in Alabama and one soon to be built in Charleston SC. As well as placing them closer to Jacksonville FL, a main import/export/US distribution point for them.
Personally I have not experienced any problems related to dealer or MBUSA since the transfer began.
The "C," "E," and "S" have always looked very similar. When I was cross shoping cars in 2009, the only way I could tell a "C" from an "E" was the "E" had four rather than two headlights. Of course, side by side you could see the size difference if you looked closely. Same for the "S" as well.
A lot of people have complained that the new "C" and "S" look too much alike.
Other than a "family" resemblence, there is substantial difference between interiors, equipment, ride, comfort, features, etc. between the "C," "E," and "S." That's why their is a difference in the cost factor.
As for 4 cylinder engines, this is not your grandfather's MB (or any other car). Manufacturers now makes fours that perform as well (or close enough) as V6's and V8's.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
@beejAMG. Ha ha. Awesome

Last edited by pamiboy; 10-31-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
Originally Posted by El Cid
First, the move to Atlanta area is now done and they are in their new temporary HQ until permanent building is finished. Moving to Atlanta was not really supposed to resolve dealer or customer complaints.
Do you have any real concensus that MBUSA has not been at least as responsive to dealers or customers? Personally I have not experienced any problems nor heard of any that would be related to move.
What specifically makes MB or MBUSA a company "run by idiots?" The move to Atlanta was for financial reasons that will save MBUSA millions of dollars in the long term. In addition, it places the HQ closer to their US plants in Alabama and one soon to be built in Charleston SC. As well as placing them closer to Jacksonville FL, a main import/export/US distribution point for them.
Personally I have not experienced any problems related to dealer or MBUSA since the transfer began.
The "C," "E," and "S" have always looked very similar. When I was cross shoping cars in 2009, the only way I could tell a "C" from an "E" was the "E" had four rather than two headlights. Of course, side by side you could see the size difference if you looked closely. Same for the "S" as well.
A lot of people have complained that the new "C" and "S" look too much alike.
Other than a "family" resemblence, there is substantial difference between interiors, equipment, ride, comfort, features, etc. between the "C," "E," and "S." That's why their is a difference in the cost factor.
As for 4 cylinder engines, this is not your grandfather's MB (or any other car). Manufacturers now makes fours that perform as well (or close enough) as V6's and V8's.
Very well said mate! Apart from the logistics part which im not sure since im from down unda, everything you said is spot on. I couldnt have said that better.

@1guitar: i know the V6 and V8 is better, i have the priveledge to own them but the current 4cyl TI is not far off performance wise from the old V6 counterpart but a lot more economical. I traded my V6 E320 for a 4cly E250, tbh, i barely notice the pwoer difference especially when the turbo kicks in but i can tell that i take less trips to the petrol station than before. also, please expain how MB is run by idiots? Maybe you know something we dont.

@pamiboy: hahaha, couldnt stop laughing when i first came across that comment.

Last edited by beejAMG; 11-01-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:47 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,352 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
I actually like that interior in the second picture
Old 11-01-2015, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
2010 E550 4M P2 Distronic, CLK550 Cab P2
Hard to hate on it, till I sit in it....looks ok so far....we shall see!
Old 11-02-2015, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 202 Posts
2019 E300
Every time there is a early redesign spy pic posted online, there is bound to be people posting negative comments. They will make comments such as " I better buy the old design while I can, because the new one is so ugly, or this is the end the E class, that ugly thing will never sell or who in the right mind would pay that much for that ugly thing, the old one looks much better ". In the end, the new model will sell fine and the look will improve once the final product is closer to production.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
Exterior getting too soft and boring, the same complaints have continued for years regarding BMW 5-series. I do like the way they are going with the interior, lots of shiny detail, but I'm never a fan of light wood. I would prefer the same in dark ash wood, carbon fiber, or even piano black.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 e350 4matic with P1 and Luxury packages
Originally Posted by michael10128
latest pics of w213 some with sports package some with luxury and interior shots.
I can't believe how ugly exterior is, i'll take my 2010 over this new bad design anytime.