MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   2016 E350 - pricing (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/609713-2016-e350-pricing.html)

Peter Fan 12-18-2015 08:45 PM

2016 E350 - pricing

Hello everybody!
First post here and I am sorry I for starting a new tread, but I couldn’t find any discussion regarding 2016 W212 pricing.
I currently have a 13 year old C class that I racked 200k miles on and am looking for a new car. Don’t really care for the new C class, but deciding between A6 and a new E350 sedan.
I started email negotiating campaign with 5 dealers and areseeing 12% off MSRP ( Chicago metro area), on the high end and 8% on the low end.
Given that the W212 is at the end of its cycle and what people were getting on ’14 and ’15, shouldn’t there be better deals out there, especially with slow holiday season and Winter Event promo?
I am also considering up to 18 months CPO with no more than 15k miles, but figured that WE and the end of life would enable 20%+ off MSRP.
Is anybody on the market for a ’16 E class or recently got a new one? Am I misguided and should I just wait for W213?
Thanks!

megasaurus 12-19-2015 07:11 PM

F the w213, unless you want it to look like the C body style just a tad bigger with an interior that looks made for nerd-herd full of electronic B.S. Go with the W212 the last of a timeless classic.

Peter Fan 12-19-2015 08:33 PM

Thanks for the input.

Is anybody looking for or recently got a 2016 E class? What price were you able to get?

YYZ-E55 12-19-2015 08:46 PM

W213 will debut in Detroit, strong offers to clear out W212s will follow.

PeterUbers 12-19-2015 09:13 PM

I got my dad a 2016 e350 4matic nicely equipped for $50k before tax and fees, it stickered for $62k

This car had 3000 miles and was a corporate Benz car

Peter Fan 12-19-2015 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers (Post 6649555)
I got my dad a 2016 e350 4matic nicely equipped for $50k before tax and fees, it stickered for $62k

This car had 3000 miles and was a corporate Benz car

Was it a CPO and in what market was this?

Thanks.

PeterUbers 12-19-2015 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Peter Fan (Post 6649584)
Was it a CPO and in what market was this?

Thanks.

No, not CPO, it was literally built three months prior to us acquiring it. Chicago

Peter Fan 12-19-2015 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers (Post 6649586)
No, not CPO, it was literally built three months prior to us acquiring it. Chicago

Duh, sorry didn't see your info.

What dealer, if you don't mind?

Peter Fan 12-19-2015 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by cocksaurus (Post 6649461)
F the w213, unless you want it to look like the C body style just a tad bigger with an interior that looks made for nerd-herd full of electronic B.S. Go with the W212 the last of a timeless classic.

:-)

One can also say that it looks like a S class, but a tad smaller.

megasaurus 12-20-2015 01:34 AM

^^^^^ Don't phrase/look at it that way then it's makes the E seem inadequate.

MBSebas87 12-20-2015 09:43 AM

I would consider a 2014 E550! The V8 is just too good!! ;) I will most likely be shopping for a CPO 14 E550 in very early 2017. Not really interested in the w213 exterior design. Just like others members have mentioned...w212 is the last classic!

megasaurus 12-20-2015 12:12 PM

^^^^ Most on this forum are all about the w213 hype like, name me a member that has used my term "timeless classic" since I've posted it on other threads.

Dema 12-20-2015 02:52 PM

If you work for a big company you can get MB fleet discount making $61K monthly cost for you $365. $0 down. I guess if you can't get the fleet discount, then still your deal should be good. I am on a market for new E class as well. Unfortunately I need distronic and I am out of luck.

Nuru 12-21-2015 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dema (Post 6649994)
If you work for a big company you can get MB fleet discount making $61K monthly cost for you $365. $0 down. I guess if you can't get the fleet discount, then still your deal should be good. I am on a market for new E class as well. Unfortunately I need distronic and I am out of luck.

Dema, why can't you order Distronic Plus on a new E-class?

rmorin49 12-21-2015 11:51 PM

New member and first post. I am currently driving a 2013 Audi A6 after driving BMWs for over 25 years. Just retired and am now at the age that I am considering a Benz. I am also shopping for an E350 4Matic sedan. I have found several nice CPO cars that were used as loaners. About $10K off sticker of $63K. Am hoping to do a little better when I start negotiating. The big challenge will be getting a fair trade on my Audi. Luckily there is an Audi, BMW and MB dealership that are all in the same location and with a single owner. Will wait until after the holidays with the hopes that some deals can be had in January. Would appreciate input from current W212 owners on why I will like an E Series rather than a 5 series BMW or another A6. Happy Holidays!

jdawg21 12-22-2015 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by rmorin49 (Post 6651526)
New member and first post. I am currently driving a 2013 Audi A6 after driving BMWs for over 25 years. Just retired and am now at the age that I am considering a Benz. I am also shopping for an E350 4Matic sedan. I have found several nice CPO cars that were used as loaners. About $10K off sticker of $63K. Am hoping to do a little better when I start negotiating. The big challenge will be getting a fair trade on my Audi. Luckily there is an Audi, BMW and MB dealership that are all in the same location and with a single owner. Will wait until after the holidays with the hopes that some deals can be had in January. Would appreciate input from current W212 owners on why I will like an E Series rather than a 5 series BMW or another A6. Happy Holidays!

I got $11k off a brand new 2015 back in July so I wouldn't even come close to settling for a used loaner. My dealership tried to do the same thing but I know bs when I hear it. My opinion would be to wait until the new body style debuts in Detroit and then go shopping as that might make dealers more motivated to sell off inventory. As long as your not in a hurry to look for a car? As for the decision to jump ship to Benz I think you answered your own question by saying that all 3 cars you like are at pretty much at the same dealership, so I would test drive all of them back to back and make your decision then. Only you can decided! Good luck, be strong with negotiating and be ready to walk on a crappy deal. Oh and welcome to the forum!

jonUF02 12-22-2015 10:50 AM

To get a $365 payment on a $61K car you would either have to pay for 16+ years, or put about 75% down payment.

jdawg21 12-22-2015 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by jonUF02 (Post 6651869)
To get a $365 payment on a $61K car you would either have to pay for 16+ years, or put about 75% down payment.

He was referring to a lease. Discount from dealer and then the fleet discount would bring your lease down to ~$365 a month. Which is exactly what I did. I pay $359 a month for my 2015 e350 sport 4matic and then write the lease off on my business' taxes.

jonUF02 12-22-2015 11:01 AM

OK, I've never leased because I either drive too much, or I feel like it's throwing away a big chunck of cash up front. I also tend to buy slightly used vehicles rather than taking the big depreciation hit on a new one. I don't have a business to "write it off". The rich get richer I guess.

Peter Fan 12-22-2015 06:32 PM

So far the best discount I got was 16%, but for a black on black car, which is difficult for me to get warmed up to. As end of your gets closer they might be willing to deal a bit more.

cetialpha5 12-22-2015 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by jonUF02 (Post 6651882)
OK, I've never leased because I either drive too much, or I feel like it's throwing away a big chunck of cash up front. I also tend to buy slightly used vehicles rather than taking the big depreciation hit on a new one. I don't have a business to "write it off". The rich get richer I guess.

It can make sense to lease if the manufacturer is offering a good incentive. I think the $365 was mentioned here, but I think they double dipped on a promotion that wasn't allowed so it's really $425 a month.

http://leasehackr.com/blog/lease-an-...fleet-discount

Nuru 12-23-2015 04:11 PM

Leasing without being able to deduct it as a business expense is a non-starter for me.

BeachBunny 12-23-2015 05:28 PM

I shopped for 10 months, trying to find a used E with Distronic on it. Ended up custom-ordering a new one last year.

Protip: Definitely spring for a 2014+ that has Distronic with Steering Assist -- it's a completely different animal than the versions before it.

cetialpha5 12-23-2015 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nuru (Post 6653571)
Leasing without being able to deduct it as a business expense is a non-starter for me.

You'd have to look at the math. In the example they give, they're looking at 11% off MSRP, residual is 68% and the additional lease incentive discount is either $3000 or $3500 depending on what you qualify for. If you qualify for the $3500, it works out to a lease price based on 84.7% of MSRP. Your lease is then based on 16.7% that you use up on the car. So on the 2 year lease, you're paying 8.35% per year on the use of the car and you have a full warranty. So it's a pretty decent deal over a purchase of a used model if you don't mind getting a bluetec, they tend to have a higher residual than a regular gasser.

Nuru 12-24-2015 07:33 AM

Actually I have done the math on several manufacturers’ cars for decades. It depends on the deal you get on the used car. If the dealer has a larger margin in the car, a very good deal can be had. I did lease once and just thought it was a waste of good money, with the deals I get on 1 – 2 year old and same year loaner cars. At the end of the 2 years, I would end up paying more than just waiting to purchase the used car at 2 years of age, and letting the individuals who purchase or lease them new, experience the depreciation and sometimes the headaches associated with new models - see the W222 thread :D. Also I have the advantage of getting the car after manufacturer has worked out a lot of the quirks, bugs and complaints that have been reported by the customers who have purchased or leased new cars. So I can also potentially save time from some shop visits. And then the mileage restrictions, makes it stink bigtime without the right off. Personally, I would rather take a chance on a loaded loaner car from a dealer, as once they hit between 3k and 11k miles, you can get a car in the same model year for quite a good price plus incentives and have the benefit of a highly maintained car – typically the dealers put them in the shop very, very frequently, and they are well maintained (of course that does depend on the shop’s capability). Additionally, I love to retrofit factory options, I have done it on my current W203, W204, W212s, and my current W221. I can’t touch it if I lease and there is a feature I can retrofit, that I want to install – oh yes, I could get the feature ordered and factory installed on the new car, but where’s the fun in that? :D

So again for me if I cannot use it as a tax deduction for a business, then there is no logical or financial reason to pay for the car as a lease when it is new and you can get the car for a lot less by waiting and saving my money up to make probably a better deal by just having more down and by looking for a lot dweller (used car on a lot for 45 plus days), to get a better price during negotiations. I can use my current car as the deduction for my business, and transition to the newer car when I trade it in on it.