E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

C300 Loaner

Old 03-08-2016, 08:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 E320 Bluetec (until 11/14), 2001 SLK 320, 2004 Volvo V70, 1972 MGB, 2013 E350
Originally Posted by beejAMG
good on you mate. now why dont you sell both MBs and keep the hyundai? seems like the most logical thing to do after what you said.

C will always be inferior to E, much like the E will always be inferior to the S.
what im trying to say here is stop whining about the stupid ipad on the dash with the C. everytime somebody mentions that, its like you all jump in and start typing about how much you hate it. its almost 2 years since it came out, we get it already. you dont like it. who cares, you dont have one anyway?

besides, what are you guys whining about? you get a free car, free petrol, free coffee and a muffin...what else do you need, a chauffeur and masseur?
The "stuff" is hardly free, It is just added in to the cost of the service. Besides forums are made to express many things and share information. "Whining" is one of them.
The following users liked this post:
El Cid (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts
2019 E300
The quality of the new C-class is actually pretty good when compare to the BMW 3 series. Try sitting inside a new 3 series, again the ugly ipad screen, plastic panels everywhere, exterior paint color exposed in the interior, the whole car just feels cheap.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
2010 E550 4M P2 Distronic, CLK550 Cab P2
I didn't mind my C300 loaner, I actually like the ipad screen, visibility is excellent with that location and it's a lot clearer that my 6 y/o screen. Lack of power would be my only complaint, but understandable being used to V-8's
Old 03-08-2016, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
im talking about those whiners who keeps saying, "oh **** they gave me a C for a loaner, what a ****box, i cant wait to get my E back blah blah blah"...if you cant leave your E, why not stay with it whilst getting serviced? maybe help out the technician or something. just be thankful they gave you a car you can use for the day and didnt make you walk to the bus stop.
My sentiments exactly. I was given C classes and GLA on occasions. Sure they are not on par to E class, but hey it's a Mercedes you are able to drive for "free" (Not availing the loaner would not make the service any cheaper while under warranty ... Therefore I consider it free).
Old 03-08-2016, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Three months?

Originally Posted by SteveE400
Case in point -- my brother-in-law had his E500 in at an independent body shop for some work. He ended up with a brand new Genesis for a loaner. That Genesis had the "leather seat" option, much as many of our MB's do. Unfortunately, over the course of the 3 months he had the Hyundai, the welting on the leather seats began to show wear. When he returned the loaner he remarked about the wear. He was told "Well, all of our Hyundais have done that." Is your MB leather showing wear after 3 months?
I had a Hyundai with leather seats for over two years. No wear, discoloration or anything. In fact, no problems at all - just traded because I wanted an MB. The Hyundai was evaluated by an MB dealer, a Lexus Dealer, an Infiniti dealer, Carmax and a couple of others. None of them found any problems at all.
Why did your B-I-L's car need three months worth of repairs? That sounds pretty bad to me, especially if the shop was going to provide a loaner.
An indy who provides brand new $40,000 cars as loaners? That has to be unusual.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by SteveE400
It is really hard to talk with my foot in my mouth. . .

Sorry for taking things wrong. I read the email of your post without re-reading the context. Lesson learned.

{I'm going to go into the other room for a while until the redness of my face dissipates.}
Ha ha. That was funny.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
Originally Posted by CarolinaBluetec
The "stuff" is hardly free, It is just added in to the cost of the service. Besides forums are made to express many things and share information. "Whining" is one of them.
its ok to whine, but to whine about something thats good, like being given a "free loan car" when you go in for service, (like Pamiboy said, they dont give you a discount if you dont take the loan car so in my books, its free), and something thats been whined about for nearly 2 years now, thats something else. theres no pleasing you...you know what they say about whiners...

Originally Posted by El Cid
I had a Hyundai with leather seats for over two years. No wear, discoloration or anything. In fact, no problems at all - just traded because I wanted an MB.
this coming from a guy who loves his hyundai more than anything else. and why did you trade it with an MB you say? you wanted that "ive made it feeling" do ya?

when the time comes that driving your precious hyundai gives you the same feeling when you drive your MB, then you start comparing the two. until then...

doesnt matter what critics say, some hyundais have better quality than MB or even at par blah blah blah.. lol does it give you the same good ol feel when you drive it compared to your MB? you can stack 10 "at par to MB" hyundais on top of each other and drive it but still wont give you the "feel good" feeling (sounds very redundant, just like this thread is) when you drive an MB.

Originally Posted by blegthbloo
I, for one, wouldn't mind the latter two options. Might even go for a mani/pedi at that point. Will have to research which dealerships provide those services...
nice...just in time for your mardigras?

Last edited by beejAMG; 03-08-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:55 PM

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
2013 E550 4Matic
nice...just in time for your mardigras?
Fat Tuesday was about a month ago, mate. So, no. But St. Patty's day is coming up and green compliments my eyes.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blegthbloo
Fat Tuesday was about a month ago, mate. So, no. But St. Patty's day is coming up and green compliments my eyes.
whatever floats your boat mate
Old 03-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,320 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I had a c300 loaner recently and I get the appeal... The non amg sport version looks terrible from the outside... The interior has that initial appeal until you see how cheese the plastic accoutrements are. Don't like the iPad

I disagree with some of the car rags that stated the c class makes you feel you're in a car costing twice as much

For the money I think it's reasonable but agree with above comment at that previous gen c class seemed built better and more Benz
Old 03-09-2016, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can you read?

this coming from a guy who loves his hyundai more than anything else. and why did you trade it with an MB you say? you wanted that "ive made it feeling" do ya?
Can you read? My posts have clearly referred to the Hyundai I owned (that means in the past) and never said I currently own one.
As many others do, I compare my current MB to other makes, but you obviously really, really hate Hyundai. Almost as much as you hate anybody who makes a negative comment re: MB's.
All you have to do is look at the many professional reviews and sites that collect reliability information. Hyundai does better than MB overall.
As for why I traded it in on an MB, I wanted a prestige, luxury car. MB E350 was the best choice for me. Anyone who is honest is going to admit the badge is a major part of the decision, whether it is MB, BMW, Lexus, Land Rover, Jaquar, Cadillac, etc. MB capitalizes on that. Look at the TV and print ads introducing the CLA and GLA. Own an MB for less than $30,000.
Incidentally, "wanted that "ive made it feeling" do ya?" should have read wanted...did ya?, not do you.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
All you have to do is look at the many professional reviews and sites that collect reliability information. Hyundai does better than MB overall.
As for why I traded it in on an MB, I wanted a prestige, luxury car. MB E350 was the best choice for me. Anyone who is honest is going to admit the badge is a major part of the decision, whether it is MB, BMW, Lexus, Land Rover, Jaquar, Cadillac, etc. MB capitalizes on that. Look at the TV and print ads introducing the CLA and GLA. Own an MB for less than $30,000.
If reliability is a big concerned, you should probably buy a Lexus, not a Mercedes. To be Honest, I did not buy my Mercedes because of a badge. I usually buy certain cars based on my needs and wants. Personally, I think it is kind of silly to buy a Mercedes just for the fact that it is a Mercedes. If I thought Hyundai was a better car than my Mercedes, I would have bought a Hyundai and would not care about the badge.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can you read? My posts have clearly referred to the Hyundai I owned (that means in the past) and never said I currently own one.
As many others do, I compare my current MB to other makes, but you obviously really, really hate Hyundai. Almost as much as you hate anybody who makes a negative comment re: MB's.
Incidentally, "wanted that "ive made it feeling" do ya?" should have read wanted...did ya?, not do you.
Well somebodys feelings got hurt. Lol

Can you read? I never said you still own a ****box, i asked why you traded it meaning you dont have it anymore. Its like an ex girlfriend you cant forget! you keep talking about her! lol

You always say hyundai is better and yet you traded it in for an "inferior MB"? You must be the village idiot. If i thought hyndai was better id be driving that and not my MBs. And what about that ad youre talking about? All car makers has one of those? Or maybe your beloved hyundai does not.

If i had a dollar everytime you post somewhere between the lines of your "much loved hyundai is better than MB", i would be a rich man. Everytime you see a thread where theres just a slight chance that you can compare your stupid genesis to an MB, you get too excited! I really think youre just trolling this site for that. Now i asked you this the last time we had this conversation about "your hyundai is better than MB", you dont secretly work for hyundai, do ya? Is my grammar correct now? Lol

Who gives a **** about what others say? I buy my car because i like it, not because others say its good. If you believe everything you hear or read, you probably believe in aliens too.

If you love your genesis so much, why dont you marry it? Ill take care of the wedding car....a shiny Mercedes. Ill just tow your precious hyundai behind.

And for the record, i dont hate hyundai, matter of fact i admire it. but not when you say its better than my MBs. its like saying a high school bball team can beat the Lakers.

Last edited by beejAMG; 03-09-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Accuracy in posting

Well somebodys feelings got hurt. Lol

Can you read? I never said you still own a ****box, i asked why you traded it meaning you dont have it anymore. Its like an ex girlfriend you cant forget! you keep talking about her! lol

You always say hyundai is better and yet you traded it in for an "inferior MB"? You must be the village idiot. If i thought hyndai was better id be driving that and not my MBs. And what about that ad youre talking about? All car makers has one of those? Or maybe your beloved hyundai does not.

If i had a dollar everytime you post somewhere between the lines of your "much loved hyundai is better than MB", i would be a rich man. Everytime you see a thread where theres just a slight chance that you can compare your stupid genesis to an MB, you get too excited! I really think youre just trolling this site for that. Now i asked you this the last time we had this conversation about "your hyundai is better than MB", you dont secretly work for hyundai, do ya? Is my grammar correct now? Lol

Who gives a **** about what others say? I buy my car because i like it, not because others say its good. If you believe everything you hear or read, you probably believe in aliens too.

If you love your genesis so much, why dont you marry it? Ill take care of the wedding car....a shiny Mercedes. Ill just tow your precious hyundai behind.

And for the record, i dont hate hyundai, matter of fact i admire it. but not when you say its better than my MBs. its like saying a high school bball team can beat the Lakers.
You are correct in that your feelings got hurt, as they do everytime someone compares a car more favorably to an MB.
You still haven't got it correct. I DO NOT OWN A HYUNDAI!!! As I have posted before, I do not work for Hyundai or any automotive company of any kind.
Never said Hyundai was better than MB. Have said that they have a better warranty and some features are better than MB's.
As for the wedding trip, that is too much to ask - just send me a check.
I mention my previous Hyundai only to establish that I have had actual experience with the brand.
As for the MB ad, naturally the mid-price and low-price cars are going to advertise low cost for their cars. The point is that MB has brought lower priced MB's to USA and is trying to get people to purchase them because of the low price (relatively) for an MB - badge and all.
Don't know what is happening down under.
I still like my E350 and plan to keep it quite a while longer. People come here for information and just trying to share what I have learned.
Incidentally, I had a hell of an R&R in Sydney during the Vietnam war. Ironically I was able to repay the favor by providing food and other sundry items to the Aussies and Kiwis that ran a hospital near my duty location in Vietnam. They took care of Vietnamese civilians, many children, that had been injured in the war. A real tragedy.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are correct in that your feelings got hurt, as they do everytime someone compares a car more favorably to an MB.
You still haven't got it correct. I DO NOT OWN A HYUNDAI!!! As I have posted before, I do not work for Hyundai or any automotive company of any kind.
Never said Hyundai was better than MB. Have said that they have a better warranty and some features are better than MB's.
I mention my previous Hyundai only to establish that I have had actual experience with the brand.
As for the MB ad, naturally the mid-price and low-price cars are going to advertise low cost for their cars. The point is that MB has brought lower priced MB's to USA and is trying to get people to purchase them because of the low price (relatively) for an MB - badge and all.
I still like my E350 and plan to keep it quite a while longer. People come here for information and just trying to share what I have learned.
Incidentally, I had a hell of an R&R in Sydney during the Vietnam war. Ironically I was able to repay the favor by providing food and other sundry items to the Aussies and Kiwis that ran a hospital near my duty location in Vietnam. They took care of Vietnamese civilians, many children, that had been injured in the war. A real tragedy.
and thats relevant to our conversation....HOW?

lol dude, for the nth time, i know you dont have a hyundai NOW but HAD one. hence i said "like the ex-girlfriend that you cant forget" you with me?

sometimes im not sure if youre lying or really dont know what youre writing...now youre saying "you never said hyundai is better" and yet you seem to agree with your so-called experts when they say this...

mate, just to end this stupid thing, you seem pretty sorry when you "downgraded" from hyundai to MB, why dont you "upgrade" back and trade your MB to lets say........3 hyundais?
Old 03-09-2016, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm done

I'm done with responding. If you don't understand, you never will.
Happy Motoring!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^till the next thread where you can slip your "hyundai is better than MB" again....
im sure youre lurking for that chance now and i have a feeling it wont be too long. lol

Last edited by beejAMG; 03-09-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
I recall a few years ago, a friend of mine and I went into a local Hyundai dealership to look at the new Genesis. I was shopping for a new car at the time and wanted to check out the new Genesis, it sure look good more paper and got lots of good reviews. It was a mid summer afternoon, as soon as we walked into the Hyundai dealership, a wave of hot air hit us. We came to learn later that the air conditioning had broken down earlier in the day. The environment inside the dealership was unpleasant to say the least. There was a lot of unhappy customers inside with sweat rolling down their forehead. We try to make our visit as short as possible, we grabbed a salesman quickly and went for a test drive. The salesman did not know much about the car, he could not answer most of my questions and the one that he did answered were not correct. We came to learn later that he was layoff as an electrician just 4 weeks ago and somehow he decided to become a Hyundai salesman, I am not sure how he got the job with no sales experience. When I shop for a car, usually I pick a car based on the car itself and not the dealership, otherwise, all my cars would be a Lexus In this case, I could never picture myself ever dealing with a dealership like this. Not only was the facility uncomfortable, but the staff was not probably trained. In my opinion, the Hyundai Genesis is a nice car, but if Hyundai ever want to be taken seriously as a luxury car maker, they need to create a luxury division with independent dealerships.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They have

Originally Posted by The G Man
I recall a few years ago, a friend of mine and I went into a local Hyundai dealership to look at the new Genesis. I was shopping for a new car at the time and wanted to check out the new Genesis, it sure look good more paper and got lots of good reviews. It was a mid summer afternoon, as soon as we walked into the Hyundai dealership, a wave of hot air hit us. We came to learn later that the air conditioning had broken down earlier in the day. The environment inside the dealership was unpleasant to say the least. There was a lot of unhappy customers inside with sweat rolling down their forehead. We try to make our visit as short as possible, we grabbed a salesman quickly and went for a test drive. The salesman did not know much about the car, he could not answer most of my questions and the one that he did answered were not correct. We came to learn later that he was layoff as an electrician just 4 weeks ago and somehow he decided to become a Hyundai salesman, I am not sure how he got the job with no sales experience. When I shop for a car, usually I pick a car based on the car itself and not the dealership, otherwise, all my cars would be a Lexus In this case, I could never picture myself ever dealing with a dealership like this. Not only was the facility uncomfortable, but the staff was not probably trained. In my opinion, the Hyundai Genesis is a nice car, but if Hyundai ever want to be taken seriously as a luxury car maker, they need to create a luxury division with independent dealerships.
Your experiences were unfortunate, but not typical. I have visited two different Hyundai dealerships and found both to be both newer and better maintained than the MB, Lexus, Acura and Infiniti dealerships in my area. Also, the local Hyundai dealers fully support the Motor Trend New Car Shows, whereas MB dealers do not. This is a prime way to see many new cars on the local level.
Regardless, Hyundai has already launched the Genesis make (or brand) as their luxury division. First car will be the G-90, which is slightly updated Equus. Next will come the G-80 which will be the updated current Genesis. To be followed by SUV and other models.
They have not determined how to do the dealership issue yet.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now on ignore

^till the next thread where you can slip your "hyundai is better than MB" again....
im sure youre lurking for that chance now and i have a feeling it wont be too long. lol
As your quote shows, I never said Hyundai was better than MB. I said Hyundai has better reliability ratings than MB. Read before you post.
Regardless, you are now on my ignore list.
I suggest you add me to yours and then you won't have to read what I post.
Happy Motoring!

Last edited by El Cid; 03-10-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^hyundai lover
Old 03-10-2016, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
I thought this thread was about a C300 loaner...
Old 03-10-2016, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
Your experiences were unfortunate, but not typical. I have visited two different Hyundai dealerships and found both to be both newer and better maintained than the MB, Lexus, Acura and Infiniti dealerships in my area. Also, the local Hyundai dealers fully support the Motor Trend New Car Shows, whereas MB dealers do not. This is a prime way to see many new cars on the local level.
Regardless, Hyundai has already launched the Genesis make (or brand) as their luxury division. First car will be the G-90, which is slightly updated Equus. Next will come the G-80 which will be the updated current Genesis. To be followed by SUV and other models.
They have not determined how to do the dealership issue yet.
I am not sure where you live, but I doubt there are too many Hyundai dealers that are nicer than Lexus dealers. Some of the MB and Lexus dealers around here have their own espresso bar, nail salon and message spa. Hyundai's lack of luxury dealership is the issue I bought up in my last post, not a lack of luxury models.
As a rebuttal to your Hyundai reliability claims, here is the latest JD power reliability rating. As you can see, Hyundai is below average while Mercedes is above average and #12 out of 33 on the list.
Attached Thumbnails C300 Loaner-jd.jpg  
Old 03-10-2016, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thefisch
I thought this thread was about a C300 loaner...
it was until good ol EL CID aka "hyundai is better than MB" was able to slip in his argument and change the topic. thats the only thing he's good at anyways.

Perhaps time for DAG/MB to come out with a new brand for lower priced vehicles. After all the marketing for CLA and GLA is that you get an MB at a low price, comparatively speaking. Used to be the marketing for the C.
Ironically, Hyundai is going the other way with creating the Genesis luxury brand with the G90 and G80.
thats whats he does, lurk around here and wait for somebody to whine about MB and slips his "incidentally, hyundai is making better cars than MB now". line.

Last edited by beejAMG; 03-10-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another version

Originally Posted by The G Man
I am not sure where you live, but I doubt there are too many Hyundai dealers that are nicer than Lexus dealers. Some of the MB and Lexus dealers around here have their own espresso bar, nail salon and message spa. Hyundai's lack of luxury dealership is the issue I bought up in my last post, not a lack of luxury models.
As a rebuttal to your Hyundai reliability claims, here is the latest JD power reliability rating. As you can see, Hyundai is below average while Mercedes is above average and #12 out of 33 on the list.
Personally I never have liked JD Power even though I have often been one of those "surveyed." They seem to have so many qualifiers that almost any product can win an award for something.
The JD Power study you referenced is for 33,560, 2013 vehicles.
Consumer Reports ranked MB below Hyundai in predicted reliability in 2015 and 2016. Predicted reliability is based on reliability reporting by owners for past several years. While there are limitations to CR, it does survey owners of 740,000 vehicles up to 15 years old. One caution about CR if you check out the April issue. To determine who makes the best cars, they combine reliability, CR's road-test score, predicted reliability and % of each makes' models CR recommended purchasing. They have some picky reasons to not recommend some cars.
TreuDelta.com shows MB significantly below Hyundai for 2013-2015.
As for the dealerships, the prestige brands are nicer in the amenities they offer. I was speaking of the newness, cleanliness and other aspects of the buildings. I do not avail myself of the coffees, WiFi, and other items so those things don't interest me.
Perhaps we are misinterpreting each other as regards Hyundai's luxury brand/dealerships. Before you can have a luxury dealership, you have to have a separate luxury brand. Up until now, Hyundai has not had that. The new Genesis brand will do that. They do currently have limitations on which dealers can sell and service the Equus, but that is something else.
There are a lot of considerations before a corporation can launch a separate division/brand. They have to consider the relationships with existing dealerships, the financial soundness of a stand alone luxury dealership and many other things.
But we could have a whole separate thread on comparing and contrasting luxury makes and how to establish them.

Last edited by El Cid; 03-10-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C300 Loaner