MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Whistle sound on the highway, coming from Windshield (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/636524-whistle-sound-highway-coming-windshield.html)

sangwl1980 08-30-2016 01:32 PM

Whistle sound on the highway, coming from Windshield

hi guys, new to the forums and search for this, but only found this problem in the GLK section.

Curious if other owners have had issues with a whistling sound coming from the windshield. Specifically on the highway. I just got a 2016 e350 sport and its brand new but started noticing it.

There is a youtube video with the exact same problem:

who else has this, are there any solutions? recommendations? thanks in advance.

teksurv 08-30-2016 02:41 PM

I had a whistling/chirping noise at highway speed on my '15 Sport. It's a known issue with the sport grill if it is the same issue you are experiencing. If so, they add foam to the grill and the noise is gone.

thephantom 08-31-2016 12:42 AM

It's the grill. The dealer added foam the first time I brought it in but didn't solve the issue. They ended up ordering a new grill and some how that fixed 97% of the problem.

BetterTomorrow 09-01-2016 02:20 PM

I had the same noise issue, I could not believe that very small gap between front chrome grill and the hood could make such whistling noise in my car. Rather than taking the car to the dealer, I got "insta-cure gap filling xxx" from amazon and took care of it myself. Since it does not have any rattle yet, the car is now as silent as it was designed to be.

LALALAND 01-02-2018 07:51 PM

Thanks guys, I got this fix today with Bulletin LI88.20-P-056908. Was able to test only up to 58 mph on freeway (traffic already around 4 pm) and can confirm this seem to solve the issue. Will test out at higher speed over the weekend to see if whistle problem return.

ckandaswamy 06-12-2018 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by sangwl1980 (Post 6902698)
hi guys, new to the forums and search for this, but only found this problem in the GLK section.

Curious if other owners have had issues with a whistling sound coming from the windshield. Specifically on the highway. I just got a 2016 e350 sport and its brand new but started noticing it.

There is a youtube video with the exact same problem:

who else has this, are there any solutions? recommendations? thanks in advance.

Thank you for the post. I have the same E350 Sport and got the whistle noise. I called the dealer and scheduled an appointment. He told me right away there is a bulletin for this :-) Glad I am a member of this Forum and saw your post.

zeemob 06-15-2018 12:04 AM

My brother's 2014 E350 had exact same/almost similar whistle sound above 55mph. Dealer replaced the aftermarket windshield wiper with oem. Never heard that whistle sound again. Problem fixed.