MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   antenna (fin) removal question (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/636735-antenna-fin-removal-question.html)

belarus27 09-01-2016 12:42 AM

antenna (fin) removal question

4 Attachment(s)
hello
got another mod coming up this weekend , which is roof black glossy vinyl , but not sure how to unplug antenna fin.
found some pics online , trying to figure out , before i and start doing smth, and end up braking something.
1. can i unplug those wires that are on the fin itself?(i checked i have 3 wires connceted , but didnt want to mess around with them yet , so decided to ask you all maybe there isnsomeone that been through this)
or
2. i have to remove the whole fin with wires (which i assume are connceted somewhere around rear pillars , which means i have to remove some of the rear pillars to access them.)
appreciate any input.

belarus27 09-01-2016 12:51 AM

also did a search on internet , which didn't really have any specific instructions or diys.
maybe someone else will find this useful for w212.

konigstiger 09-01-2016 12:46 PM

Antenna: http://workshop-manuals.com/mercedes...nna/page_8214/ + next pages.

C-pillar: http://workshop-manuals.com/mercedes...m_at_c-pillar/ + next page.

belarus27 09-01-2016 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by konigstiger (Post 6904694)

another question , and you got another answer once again , thank you for your help. i will do it later today.. so perfect timing too..
i guess those wires that going in to antenna are not discontectable.. (will make sure tho lol)

beejAMG 09-01-2016 05:27 PM

i was gonna DIY this myself until i came across the roof antenna. cant remember where the plug ends but you cant unplug it unless you rip a lot of linings out. had a professional do it for me and he just unscrewed the antenna and pulled about couple of inches give on the wire, cut a small hole on the vinyl and layed it. he also wrapped the antenna with 1 small piece of vinyl.

belarus27 09-01-2016 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by beejAMG (Post 6905030)
i was gonna DIY this myself until i came across the roof antenna. cant remember where the plug ends but you cant unplug it unless you rip a lot of linings out. had a professional do it for me and he just unscrewed the antenna and pulled about couple of inches give on the wire, cut a small hole on the vinyl and layed it. he also wrapped the antenna with 1 small piece of vinyl.

so u saying , the wire goes in under the pillars pretty far that its pointless to take it apart?
and i was thinking about the same , cut a small area to put the antenna through.. (easiet way).

belarus27 09-01-2016 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by beejAMG (Post 6905030)

and thanks ill use as much of your help as you got lol

beejAMG 09-01-2016 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by belarus27 (Post 6905037)
so u saying , the wire goes in under the pillars pretty far that its pointless to take it apart?
and i was thinking about the same , cut a small area to put the antenna through.. (easiet way).

exactly.

easiest way to do it. just make sure the hole isnt too big so its still tucked under the antenna when you re-install it. :y

belarus27 09-02-2016 01:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
all done

beejAMG 09-02-2016 03:53 AM

Looks good mate! Love the black and white thing youve got goin on.

belarus27 09-02-2016 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by beejAMG (Post 6905423)
Looks good mate! Love the black and white thing youve got goin on.

thank you B ))

beejAMG 09-04-2016 05:09 PM

anytime mate.:y

a lot would say it wont stick but ive wrapped my roof rails (W211 & W212) as well. regardless of what some say, it held up pretty well.

belarus27 09-05-2016 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by beejAMG (Post 6907292)
anytime mate.:y

a lot would say it wont stick but ive wrapped my roof rails (W211 & W212) as well. regardless of what some say, it held up pretty well.

yea i ordered some tape off ebay should be glossy black so will try that.. cuz itll definitely look better.... what did u use for your rails? they dont really sell vinyls just 2inch by watever they all go from 5f by watever.

beejAMG 09-05-2016 04:33 PM

im not sure if tape will hold especially if it gets wet. i used vinyl as well. cut one long piece for each side. the guy who wrapped the roof said it wouldnt hold but i had it on my 211 for the longest time so as soon as he was done wrapping the roof, i did the rails myself in cf to match my door handle chrome top, window surrounds, sire mirrors, front grille fins, rear spoiler, trunk chrome and the diffuser.