Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by ph350
front and rear illuminated door sills
That looks real cool. How much do they cost and where did you get those? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:36 AM

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
2013 E550 4Matic
The red light is from the door safety. The LED sills can be purchased from Ebay and I believe they can be ordered with whatever color you choose. Just ask the seller. My seller had the option of blue or white. Im sure If you wanted red or green, it wouldn't be too hard for them to do.
Did you take the picture with a long exposure? Maybe that's why it seems more red than usual. It looks like you put a red bulb in there or something (or maybe you did?)
Old 10-08-2016, 11:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e350
Originally Posted by blegthbloo
Did you take the picture with a long exposure? Maybe that's why it seems more red than usual. It looks like you put a red bulb in there or something (or maybe you did?)

That exposure is close to what my eye sees. The red is coming from the door, it is a factory bulb and color.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury fully loaded
I'd love to install illuminated door sills in my 2012 E350. How do you remove the original sills? How do you access the footwell lights to wire them?
Thanks
Old 11-07-2016, 10:14 PM

e350
Originally Posted by Mavrogenis
I'd love to install illuminated door sills in my 2012 E350. How do you remove the original sills? How do you access the foot well lights to wire them?
Thanks

The original sills pull right up and out. Its just a matter of tapping into the foot well lights to get power. Whenever the doors open, the sills come on with the door lights. It probably can be done very easily even if you have never done this before. The rear lighted sills are connected to the front ones and are even easier to connect.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury fully loaded
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming that I can remove the original door sills using a plastic putty knife. Is that the way you would do it?
Also are the front foot well light wiring accessable once the sill is removed?

An aside, I just notice that our current MBs are not listed when I post a message even though I've updated my profile with the current cars. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by Mavrogenis; 11-07-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:53 PM

e350
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming that I can remove the original door sills using a plastic putty knife. Is that the way you would do it?

An aside, I just notice that our current MBs are not listed when I post a message even though I've updated my profile with the current cars. Does anyone know how to fix this?

actually, I didn't know what the color code for the footwell lighting was so I just followed it to the actual bulb and changed out to led bulbs too at the same time. Using a putty knife is the right way to go. I did have to pull up pretty hard to pop the sills out though
Old 06-10-2017, 10:50 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by jjsaustin
I just installed these $20 for a pair.

front passenger mercedes illuminated door sill in white LED

Rear passenger illuminated door sill with white LED

These are my illuminated door sills. These were ordered in white instead of blue to look more OEM. They add a nice touch to the car and don't look aftermarket at all.
These look nice gents...mind sharing where you got them?
I, too, would like to know this. Anyone have an insight?
Old 08-21-2018, 07:55 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
The original sills pull right up and out. Its just a matter of tapping into the foot well lights to get power. Whenever the doors open, the sills come on with the door lights. It probably can be done very easily even if you have never done this before. The rear lighted sills are connected to the front ones and are even easier to connect.
digging up this old thread because I'm interested in this but for the AMG E63 S W213. They provide the illuminated sills to the front but there is not option to the rear. Don't know why.

would like to know how did you wire the rear ones to the front ones? thanks!