MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   MB wiper VS Bosch Icon OE24 (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/639489-mb-wiper-vs-bosch-icon-oe24.html)

thefisch 10-02-2016 11:40 PM

This is great dbldpr. Will have to bookmark this thread for when it comes time to change mine.

a100steaksauce 10-03-2016 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by dbldpr (Post 6931334)
I know I will only buy bosch from now on

Funny I bought the BI before I saw the OEM esthetics. :rolf:

Bought the OEM's next day. I will be doing this swap next because it's time for new blades.

The G Man 10-03-2016 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by dbldpr (Post 6928666)
what is the 3 point star?

Please take it easy on the newbie :)

belarus27 10-03-2016 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 6931832)
Please take it easy on the newbie :)

that newbie is not so newbie lol :rolf:

LILBENZ230 10-09-2016 05:56 PM

Okay as an update - our wipers are not the same. Mine has a totally different arm.

This is mine:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d61afa874a.jpg

Bosch Icon 24 OE did not work on my skipping/juddering problem. Car goes into the dealer tomorrow for them to troubleshoot.

dbldpr 10-09-2016 06:13 PM

Entirely different connection. Hopefully someone on the forum will know which bosch would work for you. Was the rubber length the same? if so you maight be able to use the MB arm and the Bosch rubber. IT is the rubber that is bad on the MB arm. Arm is good just bad rubber.

LILBENZ230 10-09-2016 06:21 PM

The Bosch Icon 24OE fits. The connector is adaptable to either my arm or yours, so they fit just fine but no improvement on the skip/judder. It's absolutely awful.

I will report back on dealer remedy, if there is one.

dbldpr 10-09-2016 06:48 PM

That is the first that I have heard that the bosch did not solve problem... I wonder it the bosch you got were old and started to dryrot already. sorry to hear anyway I hope it gets resolved. I know it would drive me crazy.

Abrown3mtg 12-25-2016 06:39 AM

How did you remove the end caps on the Mercedes wiper blade arm/housing? I'm trying to figure it out but afraid i'm going to crack it. I can not tell how/where they are snapped on.

dbldpr 12-25-2016 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Abrown3mtg (Post 7004989)
How did you remove the end caps on the Mercedes wiper blade arm/housing? I'm trying to figure it out but afraid i'm going to crack it. I can not tell how/where they are snapped on.

Used 2 small screw drivers and put them into each side and pushed. go slow and take your time and they come off

Abrown3mtg 12-26-2016 05:30 AM

Successfully swapped the blade insert out. I'm pleased! Thank you for the advise! I think the carrier may have changed a bit in the newer models, however all went well and I get rid of the hideous Icon attachment (which also led to some shuddering in the wiper blade when in use, or so it seemed. I'll report back after my next use).

marzillo 02-21-2017 07:13 PM

Just swapped the blades in mine as well. The first was a pain getting the new rubber insert into the MB housing. Had to use a screwdriver to separate the metal track. There is one end with a metal tab on the bottom that you have to pry up just a bit to get it to move the last 1/4 inch. The second blade slid right in in 5 seconds!

I think this will likely only work a couple of times though since when taking the end pieces off there is a plastic tab that latches them on and gets worn down. I could not find an easy way to remove them so I had to pry them off gently with a flat head screwdriver. The still fit snug but I imagine that after doing it a few times they may slip off.

Anyway, the new blades fit great and it still looks original. Haven't tried them in the rain yet so hoping they work well. It only cost around $35 for the pair on Amazon. Maybe next time I'll just by the rubber inserts and pay even less.

dbldpr 02-21-2017 07:19 PM

Glad you both got the blade rubber switched. I actually had 2 old MB wiper arms and yesterday I swapped the rubber out on them so I have a spare set if I need them.

edriver1 02-22-2017 06:14 PM

I have been using bosch wiper blades for my past three cars and not one complaint. Will be switching on my new car soon.

thefisch 02-22-2017 06:18 PM

I was just looking at my wiper blades and they look exactly the same as the pics dbldpr posted earlier but without the MB logo on the left tip. Wonder why...

dbldpr 02-22-2017 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by thefisch (Post 7064306)
I was just looking at my wiper blades and they look exactly the same as the pics dbldpr posted earlier but without the MB logo on the left tip. Wonder why...

I would ask your dealer why there is no MB logo. Maybe he is using an aftermarket wiper and not a MB wiper or maybe some years did not have the MB logo. Let us know next time you visit the dealer. It could be that you have to have an aooga horn to have the MB logo.

thefisch 02-22-2017 07:53 PM

I think that only works for you and the most interesting man in the world. I couldn't pull it off. :bow:

Zavato 02-22-2017 09:01 PM

MB wipers are made by Bosch. FWIW, I recently replaced my older wiper set with new ones obtained from the dealer. The new ones look slightly different but work quite well.

Before putting on my new blades, I cleaned my windshield using an old school detailer method- windex and newspaper. I think a German newspaper probably works best.

dbldpr 02-22-2017 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by thefisch (Post 7064420)
I think that only works for you and the most interesting man in the world. I couldn't pull it off. :bow:

I am sure you could.