Not an MB but...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
Originally Posted by Peachy
I feel like Ford's quality has been really coming up since like 2012. The best thing you can do is take it on a thorough test drive I guess.

Also, even if you find the power lacking in the 4-cylinder ecoboost, there are ways to make it faster :B

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...k-Level-2.html
thats good to know. i dont expect quality to be better than our MBs but i hope it will hold for the next 3-5 yrs.
hahaha tbh im already thinking of a muffler upgrade and a tune. but all wishful thinking for now.

i guess 233kw is far better than my 155kw E250. dont really need that much power for my daily commute as traffic down here can sometimes be unbearable.

thanks for the link mate! already bookmarked just in case.

Last edited by beejAMG; 10-12-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts
2019 E300
Originally Posted by beejAMG
i see what you mean. did you ever had any major problems with the engine, trans, suspension?
but would you say its worst than say, nissan?

*no offense to nissan owners. ive never had an American car before so ive got nothing to compare it with.

No major problem during my 4 years of ownership. Would I say it is worst than a Japanese car? Yes, I would, but it was a bit cheaper than an equivalent Japanese car and Ford's quality has improved, but so has the Japanese's.
The following users liked this post:
beejAMG (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by The G Man
No major problem during my 4 years of ownership. Would I say it is worst than a Japanese car? Yes, I would, but it was a bit cheaper than an equivalent Japanese car and Ford's quality has improved, but so has the Japanese's.
cheers mate! a couple of ford dealers came back to me with figures and i wasnt happy with the numbers. im in no rush and still over the fence about this but if i see a good deal then yeah.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
I absolutely LOVE MUSTANGS. They're my favorite car all around and I would die for a GT350 any day of the week.
I've driven several of the V6 models in the mid and late 2000's and they are solid cars. I've never driven in a higher level model like the GT350 or Saleen/Black Series.

In my experience with the V6 models is that they drive ok but they do fishtail easily and in wet conditions they are all over the place. It's like they never test those cars in the rain or something. I've even seen people in real world situations spin out or nearly spin out when not even going to fast. Idk what it is about the car that makes it that way. Regardless I want one lol.
The following users liked this post:
beejAMG (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Originally Posted by jahquan3
I absolutely LOVE MUSTANGS. They're my favorite car all around and I would die for a GT350 any day of the week.
I've driven several of the V6 models in the mid and late 2000's and they are solid cars. I've never driven in a higher level model like the GT350 or Saleen/Black Series.

In my experience with the V6 models is that they drive ok but they do fishtail easily and in wet conditions they are all over the place. It's like they never test those cars in the rain or something. I've even seen people in real world situations spin out or nearly spin out when not even going to fast. Idk what it is about the car that makes it that way. Regardless I want one lol.

lol thats why there are so many funny memes and jokes about mustangs , that ppl cant even control those in dry conditions not even mentioning wet hah
Old 10-14-2016, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jahquan3

Thanks for the insight.
I would go for the GT V8 if i need to but a few reviews said the 4cyl handled better due to less weight from the front. Also top power can be reached at lower rpm. Although, ive no plans of trackin it, (maybe once, twice) if and when i decide on gettin one, it will be a dd and 4cyl is more than enough, not to mention savings on petrol consumption.

I know purists dont like the idea of a 4cyl TI mustang, but 2 things, im no purist and they wont pay for my petrol. Lol
Old 10-17-2016, 09:13 AM

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
2013 E550 4Matic
I would rather have a RB26DETT in my Mustang
Old 10-17-2016, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blegthbloo
I would rather have a RB26DETT in my Mustang
easy now Sean Boswell, nobodys challenging you as the DK.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 E 250 Bluetec
I will probably get a lot of hate for this but who cares, im going to speak my mind.

Mustangs are horrible cars, all they have going for them is the looks. The handling is atrocious and damn right sketchy at times, the interior feels very cramped with cheap plastics everywhere. The visibility is very poor. The suspension is configured to be very sporty even on normal mode, so get ready to feel every crack and bump in the road.

The steering control is all over the place, it will never maintain its pace in a straight line like a MB, which makes driving long trips uncomfortable. The only Mustang i would buy is a 350 GT with the sole purpose of taking it to the track and maybe cruising down Malibu on the weekends. But as for a DD like you are saying, i think its a mistake, and you will be tired of it in about a year.

If you are looking for a muscle car, i would go with the Challenger. Chrysler (Mercedez Benz) makes Dodge so most of the parts are German, like the BOSCH struts and springs which make the ride much for comfortable and composed. Also the infotainment system is way better in Dodge. It is also much roomier than the mustang and looks better in my opinion.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Diesel #2
I will probably get a lot of hate for this but who cares, im going to speak my mind.

Mustangs are horrible cars, all they have going for them is the looks. The handling is atrocious and damn right sketchy at times, the interior feels very cramped with cheap plastics everywhere. The visibility is very poor. The suspension is configured to be very sporty even on normal mode, so get ready to feel every crack and bump in the road.

The steering control is all over the place, it will never maintain its pace in a straight line like a MB, which makes driving long trips uncomfortable. The only Mustang i would buy is a 350 GT with the sole purpose of taking it to the track and maybe cruising down Malibu on the weekends. But as for a DD like you are saying, i think its a mistake, and you will be tired of it in about a year.

If you are looking for a muscle car, i would go with the Challenger. Chrysler (Mercedez Benz) makes Dodge so most of the parts are German, like the BOSCH struts and springs which make the ride much for comfortable and composed. Also the infotainment system is way better in Dodge. It is also much roomier than the mustang and looks better in my opinion.
i can agree with you at some level, especially about the challenger. sadly it wasnt released down here.

although they said the new FM has improved dramatically with ride and comfort as compared to its predecessors. i would wanna test drive one and see for myself. tbh, the interior is whats holding me back. but also to be fair, i havent been inside or seen one up close. maybe this weekend and hopefully i can convince myself that for AU$55k, the interior wont matter more than my love for the exterior.