MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Not impressed with MB service (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/652054-not-impressed-mb-service.html)

Imsonew 02-03-2017 04:01 PM

Not impressed with MB service

Hey guys, I purchased a 2011 E550 about a month ago and they forgot to put on my snows so I went back to get them installed and have them look at a sticky e brake release(still the same even after they took it apart) now they loaded my tires back in the car and when I got home and unloaded the tires and there was a squeaking noise from my trunk.. I emailed them because they were closed.. Took 3 days and I had to call them to get a response.. They asked me to drive it back in so I drove an hour and a bit back to have them look at it all they did was put lube and send me tell me it was good.. When I got home surprise trunk squeaking.. It took another week now to get in contact with the service advisor and they're asking me to bring it back in.. I'm frustrated because to me it's a waste of time and money to drive an hour and half away for a half assed job...

was not expecting this kind of crappy service from a Mercedes dealership.

belarus27 02-03-2017 04:08 PM

sad truth:bs:

Becksan 02-03-2017 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Imsonew (Post 7045382)
Hey guys, I purchased a 2011 E550 about a month ago and they forgot to put on my snows so I went back to get them installed and have them look at a sticky e brake release(still the same even after they took it apart) now they loaded my tires back in the car and when I got home and unloaded the tires and there was a squeaking noise from my trunk.. I emailed them because they were closed.. Took 3 days and I had to call them to get a response.. They asked me to drive it back in so I drove an hour and a bit back to have them look at it all they did was put lube and send me tell me it was good.. When I got home surprise trunk squeaking.. It took another week now to get in contact with the service advisor and they're asking me to bring it back in.. I'm frustrated because to me it's a waste of time and money to drive an hour and half away for a half assed job...

was not expecting this kind of crappy service from a Mercedes dealership.

ask them to bring you a loaner and pick up your car to fix it. I had issues with one of the dealerships here as it took them 3 visits to figure out that the unit checking the battery was faulty, last time I told them to pick us the car and bring me a loaner. They even brought my car back and picked up the loaner again.

Call the GM and tell him straight! (Within reason ofc 😬)

Imsonew 02-03-2017 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Becksan (Post 7045401)
ask them to bring you a loaner and pick up your car to fix it. I had issues with one of the dealerships here as it took them 3 visits to figure out that the unit checking the battery was faulty, last time I told them to pick us the car and bring me a loaner. They even brought my car back and picked up the loaner again.

Call the GM and tell him straight! (Within reason ofc 😬)

haha I don't know if I would trust one of them driving my car 1+ hour each way! Frustrating because I can't even enjoy the car yet!

Becksan 02-03-2017 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Imsonew (Post 7045411)
haha I don't know if I would trust one of them driving my car 1+ hour each way! Frustrating because I can't even enjoy the car yet!

yeah I see your point! Mine was not that far and the car was still stock at that point. If they ended up crashing it, they would have to compensate, so I wasn't worried. Now I wouldn't let them touch my cars 🤗.

Zavato 02-03-2017 07:18 PM

At my dealer to date I've received nothing but exemplary service

IgorE350 02-03-2017 10:15 PM

$6.50 get you better service in "Chipotle" :D than at MB for top $$

VegasE 02-04-2017 09:06 AM

Last oil change I got a "check oil" alert in a few days while driving in Nowhere, AZ. Oil level barely registered on the dipstick. 1.5 quarts low. Unforgiveable.

thefisch 02-05-2017 11:23 AM

My local dealer 'forgot' to replace my cabin filter as part of the B service that was paid for. I had to call them out on it. They owned up and sent a tech to my work and he replaced it in parking lot. Granted it was only 15 minutes away, not an hour plus. But I had to redo it after checking what he did as the latch was only attached on the front side. Sure that latch is a pain but even they can't do it right.