MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Footwell LED Lights (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/654808-footwell-led-lights.html)

Lance Mayfield 03-01-2017 09:34 PM

Footwell LED Lights

Greetings:

I replaced all the interior lights on my 2016 E-Class immediately after purchasing...now, when the ECO start/stop turns off the car at a light the footwell lights turn off, then back on and sometimes stay off. My questions are:

For those with incandescent bulbs, do the footwell lights stay on all the time or do they also turn off?

For those that have upgraded to LED's. are you experiencing the same issues and/or know of a solution?

Thank you very much!

Royce118 03-01-2017 10:47 PM

Are the LED bulbs you use canbus free? I've done the same and have not seen such issues.

beejAMG 03-02-2017 02:12 PM

it should stay on and footwell lights doesnt have to be canbus.
ive done the same with ordinary leds and had the same problem, swapped the bulbs with different leds from a different seller (still not canbus btw) and worked like a charm.

not all bulbs are created equal, especially the chinese ebay leds. theyre cheap and takes 5 secs to replace so i stock more than a dozen of different colors in my garage when i found the "right" bulb from a specific seller on ebay.

Lance Mayfield 03-02-2017 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by beejAMG (Post 7072032)
it should stay on and footwell lights doesnt have to be canbus.
ive done the same with ordinary leds and had the same problem, swapped the bulbs with different leds from a different seller (still not canbus btw) and worked like a charm.

not all bulbs are created equal, especially the chinese ebay leds. theyre cheap and takes 5 secs to replace so i stock more than a dozen of different colors in my garage when i found the "right" bulb from a specific seller on ebay.

Thanks, I am not using CANBUS as I didn't think I needed to so I will attempt different bulbs. Is there a specific type that you could recommend?

Thanks again and have a great day!

beejAMG 03-02-2017 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lance Mayfield (Post 7072068)
Thanks, I am not using CANBUS as I didn't think I needed to so I will attempt different bulbs. Is there a specific type that you could recommend?

Thanks again and have a great day!

nothing specific. its a hit and miss for me. but since theyre dirt cheap and ebay, im not complaining. when i finally found the bulbs that worked, i ordered more and in different colors from the same seller so i have extra just in case.

dbldpr 03-02-2017 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by beejAMG (Post 7072243)
nothing specific. its a hit and miss for me. but since theyre dirt cheap and ebay, im not complaining. when i finally found the bulbs that worked, i ordered more and in different colors from the same seller so i have extra just in case.

Smart thing to do.