E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

change taillight to amber, any coding needed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
change taillight to amber, any coding needed?

I just shipped my 2014 E350 from USA to UK and need to have the amber turn signals at the rear to meet UK spec.

I purchased a UK set of rear lights off ebay (they look exactly the same as the US ones, red and clear lens), plugged them in, they still flash red plus come up with turn signal error on the dash

only difference was the connector plugs were configured different, with a plastic tab in different spot, so I just cut the tab off.

Not sure if the light need rewiring or is there some coding needed to be done in xentry/das

they work OK but flash red instead of amber plus of course the dash error message indicates something is amiss
Old 03-28-2017, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 350
I wanted to make mine amber as well, I hope someone has a solution for this.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by terrymargate
I just shipped my 2014 E350 from USA to UK and need to have the amber turn signals at the rear to meet UK spec.

I purchased a UK set of rear lights off ebay (they look exactly the same as the US ones, red and clear lens), plugged them in, they still flash red plus come up with turn signal error on the dash

only difference was the connector plugs were configured different, with a plastic tab in different spot, so I just cut the tab off.

Not sure if the light need rewiring or is there some coding needed to be done in xentry/das

they work OK but flash red instead of amber plus of course the dash error message indicates something is amiss
I believe the SAM unit needs to be coded for this to work as intended. You may want to take it to an MB dealer in UK to sort it out. I'm not sure if any DIYers have figured it out yet. We all would like to do this mod at some point if someone can show that it works. Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
All fixed

Needed to add an extra wire and then have the rar sam recoded. Thanks for Tridigital for his help with the coding.
The following users liked this post:
MercFiveHundred (04-07-2017)