Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
2014 E350 4M Diamond Silver
New owner for white 4matic.

Hello guys,
Today I committed to buy a 2013 e350 4matic, which had 57k miles on it. Got it inspected by a dealer for extended warranty and the vehicle had no issues(more about that).

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e183b484df.jpg

^^ This is what it comes with.

I see it doesn't have keyless go, so, planning to add remote start and/or keyless entry, if possible.

I'll be following this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...t-14-e350.html

On the other hand, the owner is giving me only one key. He said it came like that when he purchased from a dealer, back in 2015 (I guess).

The funny thing is, the owner listed it a couple of years ago, and I test drove it, and for 2 years, I decided to keep my motorcycle and didn't get into that car, I started looking for a car and he listed it a week before I decided to look for one.
He recognized me, saying, I had a motorcycle, right. Was pretty funny though.

Now, I'm planning to get an extended warranty, who is best for that? the dealer asks me 5400 for 48k/4yr.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...285d4e261a.jpg

Do you guys have any others options/suggestions? It is my daily driver, less than 10 miles per day, but additional 500miles per month for long trips.

Thanks for your patience.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:51 PM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
IMO any vehicle needs 2 keys and you should plan to get a second key. They are pricey and I believe need to be programmed with VIN by the dealer. Others here know better details.
Look on this site for extended warranty forum and shop it. I bought a non CPO E350 about a year and a half ago, had it checked out and verified eligible for extended MB warranty before I paid.
I bought 7yr/100k MB extended for $3k. Maybe not the best not the worst pricing but way better the what the dealer is trying to get from you. However that was with the car being within the original 50k factory warranty. Maybe with your mileage there's a "penalty" of sorts.
As far as adding remote start and keyless, for me if it's not on the car from the factory and it's not simple plug and play I live without it.
​​​​​​​Good luck!

Last edited by Mud; 04-23-2017 at 03:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
raja777m (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,466 Likes on 1,147 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
I don't think remote start or keyless entry is simple/cheap to install aftermarket. I think there are companies that install remote start as an aftermarket item, but because it's MB, it's not cheap. Don't even think of installing keyless go after the fact. There's too many items that make up the whole system. Sensors for the trunk, gas cap and then there's the 4 door handles each of which is a couple hundred plus additional hardware and antennas. Probably cost you thousands. Would have been cheaper to just buy a car that had it as an option. There are many threads on here about people who want to add options afterwards, but very few actually do it. The ones that actually do it are typically in the business and it's not cost effective for the average person to do it.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mud
IMO any vehicle needs 2 keys and you should plan to get a second key. They are pricey and I believe need to be programmed with VIN by the dealer. Others here know better details.
Look on this site for extended warranty forum and shop it. I bought a non CPO E350 about a year and a half ago, had it checked out and verified eligible for extended MB warranty before I paid.
I bought 7yr/100k MB extended for $3k. Maybe not the best not the worst pricing but way better the what the dealer is trying to get from you. However that was with the car being within the original 50k factory warranty. Maybe with your mileage there's a "penalty" of sorts.
As far as adding remote start and keyless, for me if it's not on the car from the factory and it's not simple plug and play I live without it.
​​​​​​​Good luck!
Please share the website URL again, it wasn't there in the previous "Here" you mentioned.

On the other hand, the website I mentioned gives plug and play feature, without losing warranty (which I don't have as of now).
I'm interested in spending 3grand for that warranty.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cetialpha5
I don't think remote start or keyless entry is simple/cheap to install aftermarket. I think there are companies that install remote start as an aftermarket item, but because it's MB, it's not cheap. Don't even think of installing keyless go after the fact. There's too many items that make up the whole system. Sensors for the trunk, gas cap and then there's the 4 door handles each of which is a couple hundred plus additional hardware and antennas. Probably cost you thousands. Would have been cheaper to just buy a car that had it as an option. There are many threads on here about people who want to add options afterwards, but very few actually do it. The ones that actually do it are typically in the business and it's not cost effective for the average person to do it.
Thanks, keyless-go goes off my mind. Yes, I can definitely live without that push button start. It is just that these rental cars(ford fusion) and my nephew's ford mustang got me into that habit of keyless entry and push-button start, it'll take some time for it..!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,466 Likes on 1,147 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Yeah, I had a Ford before also and they're the only ones that have that keypad. I used to put my keys in the trunk and just locks the doors.

As for the warranty, there are many threads in the extended warranty sub forum and there are several vendors that mentioned a lot. Just email them with your VIN and current mileage and they'll give you a price on an extended warranty if it qualifies.

https://mbworld.org/forums/extended-...scussions-191/
raja777m (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 04:22 PM

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
2013 E550 Sedan
Check with your local credit unions for extended warranty plans they offer.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:00 PM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by raja777m
Please share the website URL again, it wasn't there in the previous "Here" you mentioned.

On the other hand, the website I mentioned gives plug and play feature, without losing warranty (which I don't have as of now).
I'm interested in spending 3grand for that warranty.
Cetialpha5 noted the subforum that I mentioned. I had dealt with a fellow named Jason at the time. You will find that he and I think one or two other individuals were generally well recommended for warranties. I was pleased with the process and the results. No surprises or forgotten costs and my dealer has verified the extended warranty is in effect.
raja777m (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mud
Cetialpha5 noted the subforum that I mentioned. I had dealt with a fellow named Jason at the time. You will find that he and I think one or two other individuals were generally well recommended for warranties. I was pleased with the process and the results. No surprises or forgotten costs and my dealer has verified the extended warranty is in effect.
Thanks mud(name please), for the information.
Yes, I did pinged a couple of threads, leaving my requirements, hoping someone will respond and will take it from there.
First time getting into a luxury vehicle, I'm so excited.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Hello guys,
Today I committed to buy a 2013 e350 4matic, which had 57k miles on it. Got it inspected by a dealer for extended warranty and the vehicle had no issues(more about that).

I see it doesn't have keyless go, so, planning to add remote start and/or keyless entry, if possible.

Thanks for your patience.
When you say "committed to buy", do you mean you did credit appplication, or do you mean you put a non-refundable deposit down?

I ask, because as cetialpha5 mentioned, it may be cheaper to just cancel that car and get a car that has the options you really want/need. I know it is exciting buying these cars and we want to jump on the first "good deal" we see, but sometimes it is good to be patient and wait for the car to fall into your lap. Usually it takes me about six months or so to find the car I want, but when I finally do find it, I make sure that it is fully loaded, literally.

If the deposit is refundable, i would look around for a vehicle that more equipped. You'd be surprised, depending on where it's purchased from, on the small delta in price to get the options you really want.

Good luck!

Last edited by tresean1; 04-23-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

duplicate duplicate.

Last edited by raja777m; 04-23-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tresean1
When you say "committed to buy", do you mean you did credit appplication, or do you mean you put a non-refundable deposit down?

I ask, because as cetialpha5 mentioned, it may be cheaper to just cancel that car and get a car that has the options you really want/need. I know it is exciting buying these cars and we want to jump on the first "good deal" we see, but sometimes it is good to be patient and wait for the car to fall into your lap. Usually it takes me about six months or so to find the car I want, but when I finally do find it, I make sure that it is fully loaded, literally.

If the deposit is refundable, i would look around for a vehicle that more equipped. You'd be surprised, depending on where it's purchased from, on the small delta in price to get the options you really want.

Good luck!
I really appreciate those helping hands, sincerely, thanks.

I committed to the guy who is selling on craigslist.
It is 2013 e350 4M Lux, with those aforementioned packages.
The other is 16k more than this one:
'14 e350 4M Lux (CPO):

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ad75ef8994.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...38a3c3fc19.jpg

That 14k may not justify those features and 1 year warranty. IMHO.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:08 PM

I really appreciate those helping hands, sincerely, thanks.

I committed to the guy who is selling on craigslist.
It is 2013 e350 4M Lux, with those aforementioned packages.
The other is 16k more than this one:
'14 e350 4M Lux (CPO):

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ad75ef8994.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...38a3c3fc19.jpg

That 14k may not justify those features and 1 year warranty. IMHO.
You are very welcome. I was just in your shoes, literally a few weeks ago, so glad to help a future Benz owner.

If you are experiencing a $16k delta between the two cars, and you can't find a single car with Keyless Go, then I suspect you may be looking in all the wrong places. What city and state do you live in, and what's your budget? Let me see if I can run some searches for a '13 car with Keyless Go.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are very welcome. I was just in your shoes, literally a few weeks ago, so glad to help a future Benz owner.

If you are experiencing a $16k delta between the two cars, and you can't find a single car with Keyless Go, then I suspect you may be looking in all the wrong places. What city and state do you live in, and what's your budget? Let me see if I can run some searches for a '13 car with Keyless Go.
budget is less than 25k OTD (was okay to put 32k OTD on that 2014 I mentioned, because of CPO and warranty, Distronic Plus and Active Ventilated Seats which are nice to have).
I'm from 28262, NC. I want AWD (4matic), since I'm a contractor (s/w developer) and transfer every 18 months to a new project and god knows which state(might have snow, so, NO RWD).

I seriously don't want to get into a turbo charged model, so, sticking to 4matic, or SH-AWD only. Since, these two are the best AWD systems after XDrive taking the crown.

But, basically, KeyLess go wasn't that important, it is just that Ford had it in almost all cars and a luxury Merc didn't have it (I know I'm complaining on a 2013 model). Anyway, that plug 'n' play module for $600 seems worth it, If I become serious on wasting any more money on these.

https://www.midcityengineering.com/p...er-sksng204d3/

If I could score a warranty for less than 3k, on this vehicle, I would like to drive this vehicle to the ground.

Last edited by raja777m; 04-23-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:13 PM

budget is less than 25k OTD (was okay to put 32k OTD on that 2014 I mentioned, because of CPO and warranty, Distronic Plus and Active Ventilated Seats which are nice to have).
I'm from 28262, NC. I want AWD (4matic), since I'm a contractor (s/w developer) and transfer every 18 months to a new project and god knows which state(might have snow, so, NO RWD).

If I could score a warranty for less than 3k, on this vehicle, I would like to drive this vehicle to the ground.
This is a 2013 with less miles and has Keyless Go, around your budget:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...odelCode1=E350

Here is a facelift 2014 Luxury model that has Keyless Go and the Lane Tracking package (you get the upgraded look plus a few more standard features (Collision Prevention, LED lights, etc.). If you're willing to drive a few miles, this car may be worth it for you:

And here is a facelift 2014 Sport model w/ Keyless Go...you also get the upgraded look plus a few more standard features (Collision Prevention, LED lights, etc.). Again, if you're willing to drive a few miles, this car may also be worth it for you:
Old 04-23-2017, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh, BTW, I'm paying 20250 for the car I mentioned in the beginning of the thread.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is a 2013 with less miles and has Keyless Go, around your budget:

Here is a facelift 2014 Luxury model that has Keyless Go and the Lane Tracking package (you get the upgraded look plus a few more standard features (Collision Prevention, LED lights, etc.). If you're willing to drive a few miles, this car may be worth it for you:

And here is a facelift 2014 Sport model w/ Keyless Go...you also get the upgraded look plus a few more standard features (Collision Prevention, LED lights, etc.). Again, if you're willing to drive a few miles, this car may also be worth it for you:
For the price, the last one looks like a really good deal.
I really should've checked this at least a day ago. I did not pay any money to the guy, but, he took the vehicle to the dealer for inspection (and importantly, it passed), good tires - with still under transferable warranty by Discount tires.

He was so patient with me (probably until now). Now, I need to find a way not to **** him off, but turn down his offer?
Old 04-23-2017, 07:40 PM

For the price, the last one looks like a really good deal.
I really should've checked this at least a day ago. I did not pay any money to the guy, but, he took the vehicle to the dealer for inspection (and importantly, it passed), good tires - with still under transferable warranty by Discount tires.

He was so patient with me (probably until now). Now, I need to find a way not to **** him off, but turn down his offer?
Glad I was able to help...

Yeah the last one is a great color (I believe you said you liked black), and looks beautiful: it's the Sport model with the optional AMG wheel package (I have them and they look more amazing in person than the pics portray), it has the LED lights, Keyless Go, Split-fold rear seats, and even the Comfort Box in the trunk.

Since you didn't sign a contract or put a deposit down, you technically aren't obligated to anything...just the nature of buy/sell. I know it sucks and you don't want to **** him off, but you guys never formalized anything. As a goodwill gesture, I would just explain that you found a new car with more options and unfortunately that's where your heart settled. You can offer to reimburse him for the inspection fee, and/or throw him $100 or so for his time, if you are so inclined, if it makes you feel better?
Old 04-24-2017, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This guy says, it is non-negotiable. 24999+900(for some fee) and 500 for DOT fee.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah the last one is a great color (I believe you said you liked black), and looks beautiful: it's the Sport model with the optional AMG wheel package (I have them and they look more amazing in person than the pics portray), it has the LED lights, Keyless Go, Split-fold rear seats, and even the Comfort Box in the trunk.

Since you didn't sign a contract or put a deposit down, you technically aren't obligated to anything...just the nature of buy/sell. I know it sucks and you don't want to **** him off, but you guys never formalized anything. As a goodwill gesture, I would just explain that you found a new car with more options and unfortunately that's where your heart settled. You can offer to reimburse him for the inspection fee, and/or throw him $100 or so for his time, if you are so inclined, if it makes you feel better?
They will not take the vehicle to the dealer for inspection, but I (or my friend) can take it to Merc. for 140'ish point inspection.
The dealer flat out at 26k OTD price. Please suggest further.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=EBZ_0&vin=WDDHF8JB0EA890944
Here is the Carfax for that 2014 black e350.
Tires have been replaced very frequently, and windshield got replaced(is that something serious?)
It comes with one key only, but, price is 26k with some room to negotiate, and additionally, NC taxes, since the car is from GA, and I'm from Charlotte NC.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 AM

This guy says, it is non-negotiable. 24999+900(for some fee) and 500 for DOT fee.
They will not take the vehicle to the dealer for inspection, but I (or my friend) can take it to Merc. for 140'ish point inspection.
The dealer flat out at 26k OTD price. Please suggest further.
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=EBZ_0&vin=WDDHF8JB0EA890944
Here is the Carfax for that 2014 black e350.
Tires have been replaced very frequently, and windshield got replaced(is that something serious?)
It comes with one key only, but, price is 26k with some room to negotiate, and additionally, NC taxes, since the car is from GA, and I'm from Charlotte NC.
For that level of equipment and the low amount of miles---I think $26k is an awesome deal! I wish I was able to get my car for that amount; I am jealous...lol.

Tires replaced recently is a plus for you, so you won't have to change them for a few more years; windshield I would be too concerned about, as it could have been a rock that hit the windshield---happens everyday. Since you say they are flexible, maybe you can negotiate enough of the price to cover the price of an extra key and the MB 140-pt inspection.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For that level of equipment and the low amount of miles---I think $26k is an awesome deal! I wish I was able to get my car for that amount; I am jealous...lol.

Tires replaced recently is a plus for you, so you won't have to change them for a few more years; windshield I would be too concerned about, as it could have been a rock that hit the windshield---happens everyday. Since you say they are flexible, maybe you can negotiate enough of the price to cover the price of an extra key and the MB 140-pt inspection.
I mentioned the key fob, inspection, out of state and all other info:
24,500$ OTD, Only after it passes 132point check inspection. That was my quote.
I'm waiting on his reply, he wants to discuss with his manager and get back to me.

Still I have to look for a better provider for extended warranty.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:37 AM

I mentioned the key fob, inspection, out of state and all other info:
24,500$ OTD, Only after it passes 132point check inspection. That was my quote.
I'm waiting on his reply, he wants to discuss with his manager and get back to me.

Still I have to look for a better provider for extended warranty.
Awesome...so are they going to do the inspection and provide another key and give it to you for $24,500? Or are they dropping it down to $24,500 considering/compensating for those items?

Also, are you financing or paying cash?
I ask because, if financing, you can get your bank/dealership to roll in the NC state taxes to the price/loan (most banks let you finance up to 110% of the car's value---to cover misc. things), then you can get a "refund check" & in turn use those funds to pay your tax/tag/registration fees at DMV, since you are buying from out of state (at least that how it worked the last time I purchased a vehicle from GA).

As far as the extended warranty---that is a lower priority item right now. Either you can ask the selling dealership to offer you options, or you may get MBUSA to waive the mileage on the car and offer you their ELW.

Last edited by tresean1; 04-24-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Awesome...so are they going to do the inspection and provide another key and give it to you for $24,500? Or are they dropping it down to $24,500 considering/compensating for those items?

Also, are you financing or paying cash?
I ask because you can get your bank/dealership to roll in the NC state taxes to the price/loan, then you can get a "refund check" & in turn use those funds to pay your tax/tag/registration fees at DMV, since you are buying from out of state (at least that how it worked the last time I purchased a vehicle from GA).
24.5k was my quote, which will be mostly firm.
Actually, I'll pay for the inspection and the keyfob, due to those missing stuff, my price was 24.5k.

He will be charging me whatever the fees, NC 3% taxes etc, and final should be 24.5k+264$ for inspection and whatever for keyfob is my expenses.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New owner for white 4matic.