E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

So far, So bad.... But it looks good.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 Chevy Silverado
The Ugly underneath.

Where do I go from here, hoping someone knows a person to intervene. Got my CPO Mule, not unicorn as I thought I was paying for. No Hvac systems work, parktronics same, floormats missing, No registration, I can drive it, I have insurance and tags. Rear sensors, suspect! Engine noise, suspect, Eco mode...once, shook pretty hard on restart. Software updates, yeah right. Body damage unreal. there is something to be said about buying unseen and trusting others, but "the best or nothing" only applies in theory or I am leaning toward nothing. Take a look. But I did get a phone number 1800 367 6372. If you are familiar with this number, you had a problem.
Attached Thumbnails So far, So bad.... But it looks good.-car2-1-.jpg   So far, So bad.... But it looks good.-car2-2-.jpg   So far, So bad.... But it looks good.-car3.jpg  

Last edited by zipsman03; 04-28-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:33 PM

2010 Chevy Silverado

Old 04-28-2017, 07:35 PM

2010 Chevy Silverado
Old 04-28-2017, 07:36 PM

2010 Chevy Silverado
Old 04-28-2017, 07:38 PM

2010 Chevy Silverado
This is not a transport issue, especially the over spray pic.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:11 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2014 E550 Black on Black
Originally Posted by zipsman03
This is not a transport issue, especially the over spray pic.
zipsman, sorry I didn't quite follow your original post as I was so excited about finding my own E Class the other day. Why exactally happened? You bought a CPO sight unseen and that is how it arrived? Being a CPO, it should under go a rigorous 160+ point inspection to bring the car to almost showroom condition. That body damage and the panel gaps are totally unacceptable. Also the non working HVAC, parktronic, etc is also wrong. Is that phone number all you have to go on? How did you pay for this car?

The more details we have the better we can try to help.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,320 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
The first post makes little to NO sense
The following users liked this post:
raja777m (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 08:28 PM

2010 Chevy Silverado
My attempt at humor in a horrible situation.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:33 PM

2014 E550 Black on Black
My attempt at humor in a horrible situation.
I still don't follow you. What is the issue?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:37 PM

2010 Chevy Silverado
Originally Posted by apg231
I still don't follow you. What is the issue?
All the damage to the vehicle and the fact that I have all the other issues. Did you see the pictures?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:46 PM

2014 E550 Black on Black
All the damage to the vehicle and the fact that I have all the other issues. Did you see the pictures?
yes, I saw the pictures. Did you see my post above? I am asking what happened? You bought a CPO sight unseen and this is what you got delivered? Please fill me in. I am confused.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:53 PM

2010 Chevy Silverado
Originally Posted by apg231
yes, I saw the pictures. Did you see my post above? I am asking what happened? You bought a CPO sight unseen and this is what you got delivered? Please fill me in. I am confused.
Yes, bought it CPO and this is the way it showed up Wednesday. And let the blame games begin.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:13 PM

2014 E550 Black on Black
Yes, bought it CPO and this is the way it showed up Wednesday. And let the blame games begin.
Ok, now we are getting somewhere. So you bought it from the dealer in Cantonville and had it shipped to S Dakota if I remember right. I am no expert but that looks like transportation damage to me. How the heck does the rear valance behind the rear tires get scrapped like that from normal driving? Now if you load/ off-load a car at a very steep angle (like a transport truck) I can see that damage happening. I am looking at the pics on my iPhone so it is tough to see the overspray you are referring to. I take it since you arranged for the transportation your claim now has to be with the transportation company for the body damage. As far as the missing floor mats, HVAC and parktronic not working, that you have to talk with the dealer in Cantonville about. Do you have a local MB dealer you can bring it to and have them look it over? Here in Massachusetts we have what is called a "Lemon Law" that states if you buy a used car that has excessive problems within the first 14 days of purchase, the dealer has to refund your money. I know that is tough for you to do in your situation but a CPO should have ZERO issues when you take possession of it.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:29 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 SL450
1. If you bought a certified preowned car, from a mercedes dealer, then you can have it serviced at any mercedes benz dealer, to the full extent of the warranty, as long as the warranty is in force.
2. Missing floor mats - I'd start by talking to the dealership from which you bought the car. Perhaps they just forgot to reinstall them after they cleaned the car, prior to shipping to your location. Otherwise, you're probably out the cost of the mats.
3. The paint damage, from scraping, under the valance isn't that unusual. It's very low and anyone not acutely aware of it, has probably caused that exact same damage on their E Class.
4. The phone number you supplied is for MB Customer Care. I'd not bother with them, but deal with the dealership you bought from and the shipping company. You might ask the dealer if they had taken photos of your car, prior to it being picked up for shipment. If they have them, that might help you with your shipping claim.

Best of luck for a successful resolution.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
E550
Why did you accept delivery of this vehicle?

if this was a CPO and you saw the photos then this is not the car you seen correct?

Did you buy this from a Mercedes authorized dealership? You cant buy a CPO through anything but an authorized dealership. Are you sure this wasn't a private independent shop?

If this was truly a CPO car from an authorized dealership then you need to stop driving the car and call MB corporate ASAP.

Last edited by i700plus; 04-28-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:11 PM

2010 Chevy Silverado
Originally Posted by jetjok
1. If you bought a certified preowned car, from a mercedes dealer, then you can have it serviced at any mercedes benz dealer, to the full extent of the warranty, as long as the warranty is in force.
2. Missing floor mats - I'd start by talking to the dealership from which you bought the car. Perhaps they just forgot to reinstall them after they cleaned the car, prior to shipping to your location. Otherwise, you're probably out the cost of the mats.
3. The paint damage, from scraping, under the valance isn't that unusual. It's very low and anyone not acutely aware of it, has probably caused that exact same damage on their E Class.
4. The phone number you supplied is for MB Customer Care. I'd not bother with them, but deal with the dealership you bought from and the shipping company. You might ask the dealer if they had taken photos of your car, prior to it being picked up for shipment. If they have them, that might help you with your shipping claim.

Best of luck for a successful resolution.
The shipping was arranged by the dealer, part of the purchase, the scrapes are from curb rash, which happened over and over, this is obvious with the many different directions of the scratches. The gap in the fender tells me it was either repaired or replaced, it can be seen in the overspray. They told me the silver piece was just replaced, that was a lie.The wife video taped the unloading, no scraping period. the markings on the headlight suggest it was also replaced. I am supposed to get a call from an exec Monday, The shipping company, at this point has said they will make it right, but they know they did not do this, as do I. But they did not inspect it before loading.

Had they did the full certification inspection my issues would have been found. IMO. We shall see if they honor there obligation to me. So far I am expected to drive the 3 hours to get it fixed on my dime. The servicing dealership says they will gladly repair it if I bring it to them. They say they are shipping me the floor mats and registration paperwork.

Last edited by zipsman03; 04-29-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:28 AM

2010 Chevy Silverado
Originally Posted by i700plus
Why did you accept delivery of this vehicle?

if this was a CPO and you saw the photos then this is not the car you seen correct?

Did you buy this from a Mercedes authorized dealership? You cant buy a CPO through anything but an authorized dealership. Are you sure this wasn't a private independent shop?

If this was truly a CPO car from an authorized dealership then you need to stop driving the car and call MB corporate ASAP.
It did come from a large Mercedes dealership, and yes; I did call corporate.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:53 AM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
The car looked amazing from the far away pics, until I saw the close-up pics.

Good grief, sorry to hear about this man!
Old 04-29-2017, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
Getting a car shipped is always a crap shoot. There are more bad shippers than good ones, so the odds are stacked. In some cases your car is off loaded and loaded back into the hauler multiple times. This leads to damage. I have seen all kinds of cars destroyed in shipping including expensive exotics with completely burned up clutches costing huge sums of money to fix. The shipper always says it was like that when they picked it up. I can't believe any Mercedes dealer would sell a car in that condition period, let alone a CPO.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by KEY08
Getting a car shipped is always a crap shoot. There are more bad shippers than good ones, so the odds are stacked. In some cases your car is off loaded and loaded back into the hauler multiple times. This leads to damage. I have seen all kinds of cars destroyed in shipping including expensive exotics with completely burned up clutches costing huge sums of money to fix. The shipper always says it was like that when they picked it up. I can't believe any Mercedes dealer would sell a car in that condition period, let alone a CPO.
Very true of what you say. Fortunately I was lucky enough to have all three of my cars delivered to me in good condition without any harm. Probably because the selling dealerships and the shippers knew that I was a psychotic Maniac that would lose my mind if something happened to my baby, so they already know I had them on my radar and was watching their every move. LOL. The last car I had shipped to me, I had the selling dealership take pictures of it being loaded onto the truck, and I took a video of it being off-loaded and deliver it to me. They know I don't play!

For the OP, if this was damage caused by the shipper, then you need to keep up your case until you get Justice. If this damage was on the car prior to being shipped from the Mercedes dealership (especially being CPO), then shame on them, and you need to go straight to MBUSA and Beyond.

Last edited by tresean1; 04-29-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
E550
Originally Posted by KEY08
To your point a lot of that damage looks rather fresh. Could have been from loading/unloading on the hauler.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:50 PM

2010 Chevy Silverado
Originally Posted by i700plus
To your point a lot of that damage looks rather fresh. Could have been from loading/unloading on the hauler.
This is all Mercedes, front clips are missing from inside the wheel well, I am told they plan to contact the previous owner. Those scrapes go in many different direction from hitting the curb stop daily, as was said before, video shows no scrapes when it was unloaded.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:41 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
W212 E550 4M P2
Sorry you have to go through this. Wishing you good luck on a reasonable resolution.

I also bought a car from an out-of-state stealer. I wanted to get my eyes and hands on it before I gave them any money beyond the deposit. I was between a rock and a hard spot, as I had already sold my old car and only had a one-way plane ticket. Fortunately, it was well-represented by the selling stealer (phew!) - which it sounds like may not have been the case with your car.

...front clips are missing from inside the wheel well, I am told they plan to contact the previous owner.
What's the previous owner have to do with it now?
Old 04-30-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
2013 E550 Sedan
I wonder if a CPO inspection can be done while blindfolded? Both of my W212 CPO's had curb rash on the underside of the rockers. The first I found after purchase and taken care of by the dealer. The second one they caught before I picked it up. I think your car is a "little" more extreme.
The following users liked this post:
zipsman03 (05-12-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 04:27 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
W212 E550 4M P2
Off-topic - What's the motivation by stealers to invest $ into CPO cars to get them up to snuff? Yes, there are allegedly standards to be upheld ... but, I think the consumer is left to be the judge. The more $ the stealer invests, the more the more they need to get back when selling it. Feels like consumers could benefit from checks and balances.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So far, So bad.... But it looks good.