E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Embarrassing moment with Park Mode

Old 07-13-2017, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Originally Posted by KEY08
You guys have too much time on your hands. LOL
We just differ slightly on how to wisely spend our time. But at least we all agree we should spend time online talking about our cars.
The following users liked this post:
KEY08 (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,185 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
haha. Hell yeah.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Originally Posted by raja777m
Sure, thanks.

I hope others check out in their vehicles too, to get better sample data
So I got a chance to check out how the door handles work on the Honda in comparison. When locked from the inside, none of the doors can be opened by pulling the handle, not even drivers. If you don't use the master unlock, you have to flip the door lock first to open any door and that only unlocks that individual door.

Interesting observation on my MB from the weekend. When the doors are locked via the master switch from the inside, pulling the driver or passenger inside handle with either unlock just that one door or all of them depending on how the doors were unlocked when you entered the car. I have my keyfob set to only unlock the driver door when I pull the driver door handle, as opposed to unlocking all doors when any passenger handled is pulled. So if I unlock the car via the passenger side (and all doors unlock), then after locking all doors from the inside, when I pull the driver door handle from the inside, they all unlock again. Same if I pull the passenger side. But if I unlock the car by entering via the driver's door and then lock from the inside, then pulling the inside handle only unlocks that door - driver or passenger - not all of them. The rear seat still can't unlock itself by pulling in any scenario (just like the Honda).

Now back to wasting time on other stuff...
raja777m (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
2014 E350 4M Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by thefisch
So I got a chance to check out how the door handles work on the Honda in comparison. When locked from the inside, none of the doors can be opened by pulling the handle, not even drivers. If you don't use the master unlock, you have to flip the door lock first to open any door and that only unlocks that individual door.

Interesting observation on my MB from the weekend. When the doors are locked via the master switch from the inside, pulling the driver or passenger inside handle with either unlock just that one door or all of them depending on how the doors were unlocked when you entered the car. I have my keyfob set to only unlock the driver door when I pull the driver door handle, as opposed to unlocking all doors when any passenger handled is pulled. So if I unlock the car via the passenger side (and all doors unlock), then after locking all doors from the inside, when I pull the driver door handle from the inside, they all unlock again. Same if I pull the passenger side. But if I unlock the car by entering via the driver's door and then lock from the inside, then pulling the inside handle only unlocks that door - driver or passenger - not all of them. The rear seat still can't unlock itself by pulling in any scenario (just like the Honda).

Thanks for your time to test and answer here.

I did setup mine in the same way, driver door only, for unlock.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,185 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
Originally Posted by thefisch

Okay, my mind just exploded.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Originally Posted by KEY08
Okay, my mind just exploded.
Common reaction when the secrets of the universe are unlocked.
KEY08 (07-18-2017)