E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Odd- received a text that my car alarm went off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 09:16 PM

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts
2012 E350
Odd- received a text that my car alarm went off

I received the text today while I was in my car, a few minutes after I started off to work. No alarm actually went off. Anyone ever had experienced that as well?

Thanks all

Last edited by Zavato; 08-23-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 E 350; 2022 E450 Coupe; 2005 Porsche Cayenne; 1975 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0
Does your car have M-Brace? Tele-Aid? Where did the email come from? (Who sent it?)

EDIT:
Answering my own question, likely you have M-Brace, here is the description of the service from Mercedes.

"Automatic Alarm Notification provides the customer with real-time alerts when the anti-theft alarm in their parked vehicle has been triggered. This gives the customer the extra measure of peace of mind by not having to worry about the vehicle’s safety when they are away from it.

Should the alarm trigger, the in-vehicle Telematics Control Unit (TCU) sends a signal to
the Mercedes-Benz mbraceTM Response Center. Upon receipt of the signal, the mbraceTM Response Center automatically alerts the customer via his or her preferred communication method: e-mail, text message or phone call.

How it Works:

1) The alarm system senses that someone is tampering with the parked vehicle.

2) The TCU sends a signal to the Mercedes-Benz mbraceTM Response Center that the anti-theft alarm has been triggered.

3) The mbraceTM Response Center notifies the customer via his or her preferred method of communication."

So IF you have M-Brace, it is POSSIBLE the email was Generated from the TCU which for some reason erroneously identified the car being tampered with, likely before you unlocked and started the car, you bumped into it, the car identified itself being tampered with, the TCU sent the signal to the M-Brace service center, that then generated the text. As you know sometimes texts can take minutes to be received.

Of course this theory is based on the assumption you have the M-Brace Subscription.

Last edited by RNajarian; 08-25-2017 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Added M-Brace info
Old 08-25-2017, 08:51 PM

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts
2012 E350
I do have m-brace. The text came Within a minute or two after pulling away from home