E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Looking to buy 2014 2015 E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 617 Likes on 388 Posts
2014 E350 4-matic Sport & 2020 GLS450
When looking at the headlights, if you see what appears to be a row of small lights along the bottom of the lense - then it is NOT the LED package.

That row row is the daytime running lights.

On an LED, the running lights look like
>> <<.

non led = __ __

LED = >> <<
Old 11-29-2017, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Or just use a VIN decoder like this one:

https://www.datamb.com/

If it has the lighting package, it would list it as one of the options. That's also how you tell if it has real leather or MB-tex.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:27 AM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by Lorenz320
Thanks for posting those pictures of the headlights that was very helpful. I found a car but it has led lights at the bottom of the headlight so apparently it doesn't have the full LED package.
Yeah the non-LED package is quite generic and boring, IMO. Plus the LED lighting package does some cool tricks: like swirving around curves to illuminate your path; the pure white >> << LED graphic deactivates when you activate your turn signal (so as to not "overpower" the brightness of the amber light), and when locking and unlocking the car, the >> << LED graphics fade in and fade out (they don't just "come on" like most other cars)...sorta looks like a mean robot is coming alive and powering up (you'll have to see it in action to know exactly what I am talking about and get the full experience).

The main things I want is a white car with keyless go and the LED package low mileage. If there's something else that is a must have like the LED package on these cars please let me know. I'm not really in any Rush and I'm willing to fly anywhere on the East Coast
Sounds like my car! Wanna buy mine?
No, seriously, you will find what you want, just need to be patient and diligent. I helped my buddy Raj (on here) find his car...so if you want me to help you, I'd be more than happy to.
Other than LED package, I would go for everything that's in my signature (if you really want to splurge and have a loaded up car). PM me for more details...

Last edited by tresean1; 11-29-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK320
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
Or just use a VIN decoder like this one:

https://www.datamb.com/

If it has the lighting package, it would list it as one of the options. That's also how you tell if it has real leather or MB-tex.
I cant thank you enough for that link. Perfect way to see what options are truley on the car.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:28 PM

2001 CLK320
Originally Posted by tresean1
Yeah the non-LED package is quite generic and boring, IMO. Plus the LED lighting package does some cool tricks: like swirving around curves to illuminate your path; the pure white >> << LED graphic deactivates when you activate your turn signal (so as to not "overpower" the brightness of the amber light), and when locking and unlocking the car, the >> << LED graphics fade in and fade out (they don't just "come on" like most other cars)...sorta looks like a mean robot is coming alive and powering up (you'll have to see it in action to know exactly what I am talking about and get the full experience).

Sounds like my car! Wanna buy mine?
No, seriously, you will find what you want, just need to be patient and diligent. I helped my buddy Raj (on here) find his car...so if you want me to help you, I'd be more than happy to.
Other than LED package, I would go for everything that's in my signature (if you really want to splurge and have a loaded up car). PM me for more details...
Thanks for that offer and i may take you up on that. I cant be pretty aggressive when im looking for a car. I search things like crazy. Ill look at your sig again. I at first was alittle leary of the collision assit cause of some of the stories ive read on here. I think i posted a link above of one of those stories
Old 11-29-2017, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I cant thank you enough for that link. Perfect way to see what options are truley on the car.
You're welcome. You can also click on the thanks button at the bottom right of the message.

If you're worried about problems with various options, I'd just get an extended warranty or the 3 year CPO warranty. There's an extended warranty sub-forum where there are a few vendors mentioned that will sell it to you for less than most dealers as I think there's one on there that quotes $100 over list price and most dealers have hundreds if not thousands in profits on an extended warranty. You either have to find one that has less than 4 years/50k or one that has one year of CPO and you can buy 2 extra years. You should get a quote before you buy the car to make sure it qualifies for an extended warranty, cars that have rebuilt titles or sold by MB dealers without a CPO warranty or already had an expired CPO warranty wouldn't qualify among many other possibilities. The vin decoder should give you the build date, but you really need the carfax or autocheck to find the in service date which is when the warranty begins.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:12 AM

2001 CLK320
I found this car and for lighting is has this for a description in his ad. >>>Adaptive Highbeam AssistFull-LED Headlamps...When i run the vin it has this for description>>.640DYNAMIC LED HEADLAMPS, SAE, RIGHT-HAND TRAFFIC. So i guess thats it. This car has a black interior. Im not sure i wanted another car with black interior. Ill keep looking

Last edited by Lorenzo; 11-30-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,616 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
I found this car and for lighting is has this for a description in his ad. >>>Adaptive Highbeam AssistFull-LED Headlamps...When i run the vin it has this for description>>.640DYNAMIC LED HEADLAMPS, SAE, RIGHT-HAND TRAFFIC. So i guess thats it. This car has a black interior. Im not sure i wanted another car with black interior. Ill keep looking
lighting.
Yes, 640 is the proper code for full LED
Old 12-01-2017, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 4matic
Just bought a E350 4 Matic CPO 2014. Kind of bought it on a whim as I was certain I was going to buy a BMW 535 D. I just felt the BENZ has a much smoother ride and much more attention to luxury. It still has plenty of pep for the few times I feel froggy and want to jump! Only have had it for a day just hope the good vibes continue.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:11 AM

2001 CLK320
Originally Posted by FVSEAHOLLY
Just bought a E350 4 Matic CPO 2014. Kind of bought it on a whim as I was certain I was going to buy a BMW 535 D. I just felt the BENZ has a much smoother ride and much more attention to luxury. It still has plenty of pep for the few times I feel froggy and want to jump! Only have had it for a day just hope the good vibes continue.
im curious did you buy the luxury or sport model
Old 12-01-2017, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 617 Likes on 388 Posts
2014 E350 4-matic Sport & 2020 GLS450
I did the exact same. Was deadset on the 535D (torque monster), until I drove it. Nice vehicle (neighbor has 550), but the Benz just had a more mature feel to it for me. Hard to explain without insulting the BMW, which isn’t fair, but best I can describe it is that when I drove the Benz, I was MUCH more relaxed and enjoyed the drive. When I drive the BMW, I was much more focused on the car itself and what it could do, what this button did, that button, this setting, that setting, and on and on. The BMW felt more gimmicky to me, while the Benz felt more thought out in it’s execution. The ride quality was also notably better in the Benz, and the steering was more enjoyable. The BMW felt heavy on all settings, whereas the Benz felt light and easy at parking lot speed, and firmed up just enough at cruise.

I have found the Benz to be very intelligent in its tech application. It has what you need, without flaunting it all over the cabin. The collision prevention is really quite impressive. I needed it this past Monday. The seatbelt firmed up, buzzer went off, and within a split nano-second of my foot touching the brake pedal, the ABS was doing its thing. I avoided an accident, and felt very safe the whole time. When you first drive one of these cars, the brake pedal doesn’t feel as confident inspiring as say a BMW, but what I noticed is that the hidden tech, basically if you apply and hold the exact same amount of brake pressure on the pedal, the car will actually adjust the amount of force internally to the brakes for a smooth and flawless stop. It’s pretty cool, and one example of the mature and quality feel this car has that I haven’t seen in the others.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:21 PM

2017 Mercedes w213 E43
I own a 2014 e350 (w212) I bought new, I have not had ANY Problems , the only time my vehicle has seen a service bay was to change the oil and breaks... that being said I would not trade this car in for another unless it is for my dream car! (2017 e63s) good luck with your quest for an upgrade.🖒
Old 12-01-2017, 06:45 PM

e350 4matic
im curious did you buy the luxury or sport model
Luxury model. Just because it was a super low mileage car 12,400. I like the more luxurious interior and make no mistake it still has plenty of pep.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by seahollyIII
Luxury model. Just because it was a super low mileage car 12,400. I like the more luxurious interior and make no mistake it still has plenty of pep.
I am curious, how do the interiors differ?
Old 12-01-2017, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You can find the brochure here:

http://www.auto-brochures.com/mercedes_benz.html

I think the gauges are different and the steering wheel, otherwise it's basically whatever leather and color you pick. Exterior is also a little different. Engine is the same so pep would be the same regardless of luxury or sport. It's just a trim level.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:46 AM

You can find the brochure here:

http://www.auto-brochures.com/mercedes_benz.html

I think the gauges are different and the steering wheel, otherwise it's basically whatever leather and color you pick. Exterior is also a little different. Engine is the same so pep would be the same regardless of luxury or sport. It's just a trim level.
yeah I knew all of that. I guess I was partially being funny in asking how does he Interiors differ, since the person said that the Luxury interior was more luxurious. I didn't see how it was more luxurious since the Interiors are essentially identical...lol
Old 12-02-2017, 08:11 AM

E350 4matic
Not a big difference the luxury has a wood finish steering wheel and a little more wood inlays not too sure about other things with the interior. The exterior it has more traditional wheels and tires which give a little softer ride. The tail pipes are hidden behind the bumpers as opposed to being exposed in the bumper with chrome frames. Personally I think less is more in that case. Also the hood ornament is the classic Benz symbol attached with a breakaway spring. Its more of what you like IMO.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:37 AM

Not a big difference the luxury has a wood finish steering wheel and a little more wood inlays not too sure about other things with the interior. The exterior it has more traditional wheels and tires which give a little softer ride. The tail pipes are hidden behind the bumpers as opposed to being exposed in the bumper with chrome frames. Personally I think less is more in that case. Also the hood ornament is the classic Benz symbol attached with a breakaway spring. Its more of what you like IMO.
Actually the wood steering wheel is not standard with the Luxury trim. It is an option on both models. And true, there are many exterior changes, but seahollyIII was actually mentioning the interior.
I was just trying to lower seahollyIII's expectations if he thinks the Luxury model has a different or "more luxurious" interior. The interiors of the Sport and Luxury model are identical, save the steering wheel.
I didn't want him to keep erroneously thinking there was something "more luxurious" or to expect more than what he'd actually get.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:50 AM

E350 4matic
Actually the wood steering wheel is not standard with the Luxury trim. It is an option on both models. And true, there are many exterior changes, but seahollyIII was actually mentioning the interior.
I was just trying to lower seahollyIII's expectations if he thinks the Luxury model has a different or "more luxurious" interior. The interiors of the Sport and Luxury model are identical, save the steering wheel.
I didn't want him to keep erroneously thinking there was something "more luxurious" or to expect more than what he'd actually get.
Just to be upfront sorry for having two different Names seaholly3 and fvseaholly. It was a mistake when originally registering on this forum. Also please do not take what I have said in regards to the luxury version vs sport as exact. I am merely making these statements based on what I have on my luxury addition vs the sport additions that I saw in the show room and what my MB dealer told me. I am certain there are many better informed folks on this forum than myself. As I said I bought this e 350 on a whim. That said I am really glad I did.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:30 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
2016 E350 wagon
I can vouch for tresean1, he helped me with a lot of questions I had and ones I didn't know I needed to ask.
The following users liked this post:
tresean1 (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 12:23 AM

2001 CLK320
I dont really seem to be finding to many cars on the east coast with the lighting package. Can the lighting package be added or is that complicated and not a good idea
Old 12-05-2017, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I dont really seem to be finding to many cars on the east coast with the lighting package. Can the lighting package be added or is that complicated and not a good idea
Depends how much money you want to spend. The headlamp alone lists for 3k, although you can buy it online for 2k. So that's 4k just for the headlamps. Then I don't know the rest about configuring the car to recognize it. In general it's a bad idea to add any option to an MB afterwards aside from maybe something like the comfort box or some floor mats as it will always cost a lot more than finding a model that already has it.

https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com...PWxheWVyXzE%3D

They're out there, but once you find one with it, it's somewhat limited in the other options it has. Haven't found one that has the lighting plus parktronic and pano roof. Very hard to find them loaded on the E350. Lighting package seems more common on the E550, but there aren't that many of them out there and the prices are quite a bit more than an E350.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:20 AM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
The only interior difference between a Luxury and Sport version in the USA is the instrument cluster. The Luxury trim models come with black-on-black gauges, whereas the Sport ones have that silver ring where the #s are. I prefer the black-on-black.

I love my 2015 E350...when it works...which isn't often. Mine's been in the shop for 10+ months, almost all of it due to electrical issues. So, my advice is to pull the service history on any car you might be interested in. If you see electrical issues (might show up as multiple, unrelated system problems, ie: radio rebooting, transmission not working right, AC acting up), RUN AWAY and find another E to purchase.

The full LED headlights are a must-have in my book, as is Distronic.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:33 AM

2001 CLK320
Depends how much money you want to spend. The headlamp alone lists for 3k, although you can buy it online for 2k. So that's 4k just for the headlamps. Then I don't know the rest about configuring the car to recognize it. In general it's a bad idea to add any option to an MB afterwards aside from maybe something like the comfort box or some floor mats as it will always cost a lot more than finding a model that already has it.

https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com...PWxheWVyXzE%3D

They're out there, but once you find one with it, it's somewhat limited in the other options it has. Haven't found one that has the lighting plus parktronic and pano roof. Very hard to find them loaded on the E350. Lighting package seems more common on the E550, but there aren't that many of them out there and the prices are quite a bit more than an E350.
ok thanks ill skip that idea
Old 12-05-2017, 08:34 AM

2001 CLK320
Originally Posted by BeachBunny
The only interior difference between a Luxury and Sport version in the USA is the instrument cluster. The Luxury trim models come with black-on-black gauges, whereas the Sport ones have that silver ring where the #s are. I prefer the black-on-black.

I love my 2015 E350...when it works...which isn't often. Mine's been in the shop for 10+ months, almost all of it due to electrical issues. So, my advice is to pull the service history on any car you might be interested in. If you see electrical issues (might show up as multiple, unrelated system problems, ie: radio rebooting, transmission not working right, AC acting up), RUN AWAY and find another E to purchase. They outta be giving you a new car

The full LED headlights are a must-have in my book, as is Distronic.
This is not very comforting. Im sure your frustrated as hell. Hard to believe they cant find the issue. So whats their plan for you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy 2014 2015 E350