E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

10.25 inch android headunit installed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 E350 station wagon gasoline
Originally Posted by Gee_115
Have you guys seen the new release? Do we call this V2S or V2 64gb? This one adds an external bluetooth, anti glare, and 4gb memory. Of course, more expensive though.
From what I saw on Aliexpress it is about $200 more expensive. That's quite a premium for a small bump in specs.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS550, BMW 550
Originally Posted by dacia
From what I saw on Aliexpress it is about $200 more expensive. That's quite a premium for a small bump in specs.
I agree. Definitely not worth it. It seems they hold back just to add something later and charge more money. Even smart phones have 4gb of memory why didn't they do that from the start. Also, aren't the older versions supposed to lower in price when a new version comes, I think Ill have the version 2 when the price drops.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Its just antiglare screen and 64gb. Only difference. That is why I cose not to list it. But can of course do if wanted. Otherwise its identical inc all assesories.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c200
Im having an issue with the sim card, i get this icon, and nothing seems to fix it, reinserting, rebooting...

it ocasionally looses 4g/3g signal, then it switches to this mode, that i cannot change...

tested with 2 different sim cards from the same carrier...

LE: i’m not able to load the photo from my mobile device

Last edited by andr3y_tam; 10-02-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
What is the icon? Is it like a no entry sign (circle with a line from 7 o'lock to 1 o'clock)? I get this for about 5 minutes before it eventually connects.

I need to try it in an area with better signal first before I condemn it to being useless and go back to my dongle which connects in about 20 seconds.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:37 AM

c200
Originally Posted by 400ixl
What is the icon? Is it like a no entry sign (circle with a line from 7 o'lock to 1 o'clock)? I get this for about 5 minutes before it eventually connects.

I need to try it in an area with better signal first before I condemn it to being useless and go back to my dongle which connects in about 20 seconds.
yep that’s the one, so far it happened twice in the same spot...
Old 10-03-2018, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E63 AMG
Angry Please help me!! I'll pay!!

Y'all, I need help.

The installer I'm using is having a ton of issues installing the V2 screen. I've racked up $1300 in extra install charges, I'm on my second unit that's been shipped, and It doesn't look like this nightmare is going to end.

Ordered it from Chris. Got the first one, had issues, the chinese supplier shipped a new one with new firmware, same issues. Replaced the cables. Nothing.

My car is a 2011 E63 if that matters to any of this. NTG 4.

1) My comand control knob isn't usable for the screen.
2) I have no sound through Aux. I do have sound through the speaker on the screen. The installer has tried a number of the secret menus, with no luck. Is the optical cable supposed to be plugged in? My installer says the car amp won't work if it's not plugged in. Can I use bluetooth? USB?
3) My AVM is a pain. Using the blinker takes me to the stock Comand screen. Reverse uses the stock camera.
4) My AVM is only showing in standard definition. Is there a way to hook it up in HD? it's a 720p camera system. It looks awful.
5) I have no use of the steering wheel buttons. I don't know if i'm supposed to though.

Shy of that, some of it is breathtakingly amazing. Google Maps and Waze work great, Nest cam is amazing. It looks cool as hell. IT JUST WONT WORK.

I WILL PAY $100 IF YOU GIVE ME THE ANSWERS THAT FIX THIS.

Please, I need help!!!
Old 10-03-2018, 02:16 AM

c200
1. This seems a A/B/AB connector issue
2. Fiber optic must be plugged in back in the command, exactly in the same spot
4. This unit is not hd capable, because of it’s wierd resolution.
5. The steering wheel buttons dont work with the unit by default.

good luck !

Last edited by andr3y_tam; 10-03-2018 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by pdsoliman
Y'all, I need help.

The installer I'm using is having a ton of issues installing the V2 screen. I've racked up $1300 in extra install charges, I'm on my second unit that's been shipped, and It doesn't look like this nightmare is going to end.

Ordered it from Chris. Got the first one, had issues, the chinese supplier shipped a new one with new firmware, same issues. Replaced the cables. Nothing.

My car is a 2011 E63 if that matters to any of this. NTG 4.

1) My comand control knob isn't usable for the screen.
2) I have no sound through Aux. I do have sound through the speaker on the screen. The installer has tried a number of the secret menus, with no luck. Is the optical cable supposed to be plugged in? My installer says the car amp won't work if it's not plugged in. Can I use bluetooth? USB?
3) My AVM is a pain. Using the blinker takes me to the stock Comand screen. Reverse uses the stock camera.
4) My AVM is only showing in standard definition. Is there a way to hook it up in HD? it's a 720p camera system. It looks awful.
5) I have no use of the steering wheel buttons. I don't know if i'm supposed to though.

Shy of that, some of it is breathtakingly amazing. Google Maps and Waze work great, Nest cam is amazing. It looks cool as hell. IT JUST WONT WORK.

I WILL PAY $100 IF YOU GIVE ME THE ANSWERS THAT FIX THIS.

Please, I need help!!!
Just mail me and I solve it for free.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:06 AM

Really need to understand how the fitter has configured it. Sounds like a few issues.

Yes the Fibre optic needs to be fitted. It gets removed from the original block and put into the new harness block in exactly the same place.
How are the A/A A/B block connected? Friom what I have seen on the NGT4 cars A/B is often required. You must cap the then free connection with the supplied additional cap.
What connections do you have on your screen? Is it the round connector, if so fine, if not then you need the additional silver box and must connect up the additional wire.
You then need to use the right channel for the screen to appear and the wheel to work. Default is 2 but for many you need to use 4. However there are 13 to play with and try.
The audio is designed to go across the aux input. If you have the older MMI system and have to use the silver box I believe there is an MMI connector in the kit for this. Otherwise it should be the phono cable into the aux input. You then need to set up your Comand system to use Aux.
Steering wheel buttons still work for OEM functions, but not for the Android unit.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:57 PM

E Class Hybrid
New 4g - 64g 10.25 inch android headunit

Just ordered the new 64g -4g with the Android dongle from Chris at CKM, will let you know what its like when i have fitted it.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS550, BMW 550
Originally Posted by Mark Boshell
Just ordered the new 64g -4g with the Android dongle from Chris at CKM, will let you know what its like when i have fitted it.
What Android dongle are you referring to?
Old 10-03-2018, 03:51 PM

E Class Hybrid
The dongle advertised on Chris website http://www.ckmcardes********/c-class/glc/1-w-carplay-dongle-for-the-10-25-android-touchscreen
Old 10-03-2018, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by Mark Boshell
The dongle advertised on Chris website http://www.ckmcardes********/c-class...id-touchscreen
Sorry but my web adress is banned and censored on this forum! I cant even send PMs without censoring..
Old 10-04-2018, 02:01 AM

Well so far the build in 3G/4G sim reader is proving pretty useless. Takes 2-5 minutes to get a signal at start up and then everytime it loses that signal it takes another 2-5 minutes to re-acquire it. Its so long that some of the apps using data do not recover as they have given up retrying. Will leave it in for a few more days to see if anything changes, but at the moment I will be changing back to the dongle to provide a wifi network. The dongle acquires a connection in under 30 seconds and holds it for far longer that the unit. Suggests the aerial in the unit is useless or there is a poor firmware implementation.
The following users liked this post:
andr3y_tam (10-05-2018)
Old 10-04-2018, 08:25 AM

E Class Hybrid
Well so far the build in 3G/4G sim reader is proving pretty useless. Takes 2-5 minutes to get a signal at start up and then everytime it loses that signal it takes another 2-5 minutes to re-acquire it. Its so long that some of the apps using data do not recover as they have given up retrying. Will leave it in for a few more days to see if anything changes, but at the moment I will be changing back to the dongle to provide a wifi network. The dongle acquires a connection in under 30 seconds and holds it for far longer that the unit. Suggests the aerial in the unit is useless or there is a poor firmware implementation.
as a work around can you not just use a wifi dongle in the car.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Or hot spot from phone.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:12 AM

I was already using a USB powered dongle to create a wifi network for the HU to connect to. I had tried the SIM in it previously but assumed it didn't work as there was no connection for a number of minutes. When Chris reported it did work I tried it again. The above was feedback on trying it for a few days to see how it worked. Seems similar experience to Andr3y_TAM reported in that it keeps dropping and takes an age to reconnect. This IMO makes it pretty useless and is either down to a poor physical aerial or a poor firmware implementation.

Will switch back to the USB dongle before I go anywhere that I need to have navigation running for a new journey.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 E350 station wagon gasoline
Will switch back to the USB dongle before I go anywhere that I need to have navigation running for a new journey.
Can I ask what "dongle" are you referring to?
Is it a wifi dongle or a SIM dongle?
Old 10-05-2018, 04:15 AM

Its a 4G dongle that created a wifi hotspot for the HU to connect to.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:26 PM

mercedes A class FL 13
Originally Posted by HarLam
Hi guys,

I haven't had time to work on the unit for a few days but still stuck with getting the OEM Comand to come up. I emailed my seller and he says that it is the unit, and I may need a replacement. They had a few listings, 2013-2014 and a 2015 listing. My question is if there is a real difference in the internals in a unit for the 2013 model and 2015 model (mine is a 2014). I'm just trying to figure out if I should just return the unit since I'm not getting anywhere with what I have currently. Maybe Chris (or anyone else) could help me with this. Thanks.

Good to see the Bluetooth audio works, so I won't have to make all the connections to get the AUX -> MMI set up.
did you ever get the oem displayed?

managed to get my screen to boot, but now have no OEM display at all, set the parameter to 4 as well any help?
Old 10-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC X253
Originally Posted by Tvremote
did you ever get the oem displayed?
managed to get my screen to boot, but now have no OEM display at all, set the parameter to 4 as well any help?
Unfortunately you have a NTG4 unit, which makes things more complex (NTG5 have a simplified connection; but they don't have the AUX input behind the unit and they need the AUX to USB converter) : you first have the issue of making sure your A, B and A/B cables are connected properly for your car and your unit (if your wheel control works, it's probably fine); then you have to try and find which screen resolution+setting (that number you set to 4) is the correct one.
The video from the original unit is the cable with the blue plug connecting to the small harness behind your screen: also make sure all that is correctly connected.
Good luck!
Old 10-05-2018, 12:46 PM

mercedes A class FL 13
Originally Posted by Sly_North
Unfortunately you have a NTG4 unit, which makes things more complex (NTG5 have a simplified connection; but they don't have the AUX input behind the unit and they need the AUX to USB converter) : you first have the issue of making sure your A, B and A/B cables are connected properly for your car and your unit (if your wheel control works, it's probably fine); then you have to try and find which screen resolution+setting (that number you set to 4) is the correct one.
The video from the original unit is the cable with the blue plug connecting to the small harness behind your screen: also make sure all that is correctly connected.
Good luck!
ive still got it all out and unplugged so i can do a bit of changing. im currently A - A/B AND separate B cable connected to A clip

and my CAN displayed code is correct as of what the guide says( YT KF ) I believe,

do you know where this screen resolution setting is?
Old 10-05-2018, 12:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC X253
Originally Posted by Tvremote
ive still got it all out and unplugged so i can do a bit of changing. im currently A - A/B AND separate B cable connected to A clip

and my CAN displayed code is correct as of what the guide says( YT KF ) I believe,

do you know where this screen resolution setting is?
The screen resolution+colors+whatever is set by the display setting you set to 4. That's the only way to configurate, and you need to find the correct number for your car (or find a post with the number from someone having a similar car).
Old 10-05-2018, 01:00 PM

Does the car on the left side of the interface show things like the doors opening? That will give a basic clue as to whether it is getting the signals from the car. Should then be a case of finding the right channel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: 10.25 inch android headunit installed