E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

10.25 inch android headunit installed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes A class FL 13
Originally Posted by Sly_North
The screen resolution+colors+whatever is set by the display setting you set to 4. That's the only way to configurate, and you need to find the correct number for your car (or find a post with the number from someone having a similar car).
Originally Posted by 400ixl
Does the car on the left side of the interface show things like the doors opening? That will give a basic clue as to whether it is getting the signals from the car. Should then be a case of finding the right channel.

yes I get car doors opening,

same as this woman here, there is only 10 options i can see, and i access the same menu as her
Old 10-05-2018, 01:11 PM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Ah, that's the V1 unit. Not sure then as never had one. But yes, you need to choose which style of interface you have and then try going through the channels.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
E350 Sport
is there an update on this?? ide like to know since my aux cord is in the center console
Old 10-06-2018, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Heisenberg5070
is there an update on this?? ide like to know since my aux cord is in the center console
Update on what? So many parts to this thread.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by Heisenberg5070
V2 has a BT conection module added to the kit.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
V2 has a BT conection module added to the kit.
Mine didn't and I wouldn't use it over the aux phono if it was as it won't be as direct and will have lag against video to sound. Can understand the C class people wanting it as their current solution isn't good. For the cars with the phono aux in the console, best to use that.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:37 AM

BMW
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these units. The install looks half straightforward and half complicated. Can Anyone in NYC recommend where to get this installed? Or anyone want to get paid to install this for me?
Old 10-09-2018, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Much better to do it your self. I can say 80% of all proffesional intallers dont succsed because they overthink it and make it more complicated than it is...
Old 10-09-2018, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Classe A 250 W176
Hello Everyone,
I'm Michael from France, I'm 40 and I ve got a A klasse W176 250.

I installed last week a 10.25 inch screen, ordered on Aliexpress (I did not know that a member of this forum sold that otherwise I would have ordered at him). I have some problems and I have not found an answer in the previous pages.
Everything is well installed, the screen works and I have the original commands. I have set the resolution of the screen and I have access to the original functions.

The problem is when I put the key on the car the screen starts, everything is ok. And when I start the car the screen cut and regularly remains black (sometimes with music). I am obliged to reboot with the button of side to restart the screen.

Do you have an idea to solve my problem?

Thank you.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLK 220 CDI 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Michael57
Hello Everyone,
I'm Michael from France, I'm 40 and I ve got a A klasse W176 250.

I installed last week a 10.25 inch screen, ordered on Aliexpress (I did not know that a member of this forum sold that otherwise I would have ordered at him). I have some problems and I have not found an answer in the previous pages.
Everything is well installed, the screen works and I have the original commands. I have set the resolution of the screen and I have access to the original functions.

The problem is when I put the key on the car the screen starts, everything is ok. And when I start the car the screen cut and regularly remains black (sometimes with music). I am obliged to reboot with the button of side to restart the screen.

Do you have an idea to solve my problem?

Thank you.
I had the same problem in GLK, the above topic is dominated by advertising shopping in a Swedish store, if you ask for help, it will send you back to your seller.
My salesman responded to me instantly - in some Mercedes models you have to do as below.

"for your car information, we know the current and the voltage are unstable.
In the power cables, there is a black box, named "filter & fuse box". Your problem is caused by this "filter & fuse box", please cut this box, and connect the yellow wires direct to the yellow wire, and black wire direct to the black wire.
Then check whether the problem is still on or not."
The following users liked this post:
Chris The Swede (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by OjciecKrzysztof
I had the same problem in GLK, the above topic is dominated by advertising shopping in a Swedish store, if you ask for help, it will send you back to your seller.
My salesman responded to me instantly - in some Mercedes models you have to do as below.

In the power cables, there is a black box, named "filter & fuse box". Your problem is caused by this "filter & fuse box", please cut this box, and connect the yellow wires direct to the yellow wire, and black wire direct to the black wire.
??????
Advertising???? Do you even know me and what i DO HERE on the forum???

Good post though..
Old 10-11-2018, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
AND that is US you actually got the solution anf answer from so......!!
Old 10-11-2018, 01:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W211 06"
I can say Chris is big help here around for all kind of problems we experience, he helped me solve some issues i had with car.
Hi Chris and thanks again

Anyway, i was wondering anyone know shop or store in SLOVENIA where they sell these Android devices.
Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Chris The Swede (10-11-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 08:43 AM

2011 E63 AMG
More problems

ok everyone, i’m Back!

I solved the no sound issue. Problem was that the A/B plugs were incorrect. You also need to restart the screen after swapping those cables, otherwise it won’t work.

Here are the problems i’m Having now:
1) I can’t seem to tether it to my iPhone. The option is greeted out in settings.
2) AVM does not work. If I have if set to on, when I use my blinker it cuts to the stock command screen till I turn off my blinker.
3) the unit’s internal speaker is on. I think I turned it up accidentally while trying to figure out how to fix my car, and I can’t figure out how to turn it down.
4) BT for Telephone is really poor. Are you all using the unit to pair or the car?
5) the resolution is a bit off in the apps. IE Apple Music doesn’t look Right. Is there a way to fix?
6) Do I need the car play dongle?
Old 10-13-2018, 08:39 PM

2010 E350
No sound from android unit on w212

Hi guys so I fitted 1 of the 10.25 android screens to my 2010 w212. But seeing as I don't have a aux port I am not getting any sound from anything being played on the android unit via BT, Videos, YouTube etc only When using the old original radio/CD sound works fine. My kit didn't come with the rca cable but did come with a male aux which I plugged into the female aux that I put into the mmi bit in the glove box but still no luck. I have also tried getting up the secret menu but it seems like I have a different set up than all the others posted possibly a newer version. Any help would be appreciated
Old 10-13-2018, 08:57 PM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by pdsoliman
ok everyone, i’m Back!

I solved the no sound issue. Problem was that the A/B plugs were incorrect. You also need to restart the screen after swapping those cables, otherwise it won’t work.

Here are the problems i’m Having now:
1) I can’t seem to tether it to my iPhone. The option is greeted out in settings.
2) AVM does not work. If I have if set to on, when I use my blinker it cuts to the stock command screen till I turn off my blinker.
3) the unit’s internal speaker is on. I think I turned it up accidentally while trying to figure out how to fix my car, and I can’t figure out how to turn it down.
4) BT for Telephone is really poor. Are you all using the unit to pair or the car?
5) the resolution is a bit off in the apps. IE Apple Music doesn’t look Right. Is there a way to fix?
6) Do I need the car play dongle?
Hi mate, did you have A plugged into A/B and B plugged into B? as thats how mine came but i tried swapping it with the A socket that came with the kit but the original radio etc didnt work. do you have a aux port in yours?
with the Tethering mine works fine i just have to put the password into the screen thats displayed on the phone.
cant help with the other questions as i havent got mine to work yet.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by V6DON
Hi guys so I fitted 1 of the 10.25 android screens to my 2010 w212. But seeing as I don't have a aux port I am not getting any sound from anything being played on the android unit via BT, Videos, YouTube etc only When using the old original radio/CD sound works fine. My kit didn't come with the rca cable but did come with a male aux which I plugged into the female aux that I put into the mmi bit in the glove box but still no luck. I have also tried getting up the secret menu but it seems like I have a different set up than all the others posted possibly a newer version. Any help would be appreciated
If you dont have AUX the sound goes via the quadlock and needs to be activated by the screen. Then it works normal.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W211 06"
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
If you dont have AUX the sound goes via the quadlock and needs to be activated by the screen. Then it works normal.
Isnt maybe better to always connect trought quadlock to free up aux slot in glovebox for other devices if needed.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Cant be done since it uses the AUX pins.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:18 AM

2010 E350
Is this done through the secret menu as I can't get this up either. I have attached a picture of how my menu looks. Not sure if it's because this is android 7.1 or it's just a different screen from everyone else's. Any help Will be appreciated as I have had my command unit out for the last 3 days now trying to work out how to get it sorted so would just like to to finally get the command unit screwed back in and not just hanging out. Thanks
Old 10-14-2018, 07:02 AM

Classe A 250 W176
Originally Posted by OjciecKrzysztof

Thank you for your answer, have you tested this solution and does it change anything?

Regarding Chris, I have never dealt with him and so I will not comment on him for good or bad.

Regards
Old 10-14-2018, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
In what way would it ever be bad???
Old 10-14-2018, 10:05 AM

Classe A 250 W176
Hello Chris,
No problem, I was just answering OjciecKrzysztof who was talking about you.
On my side I have no problem with you or with anyone

Have a nice day and if you have an idea for my problem thank you for letting me know.

Regards
Michael
Old 10-14-2018, 01:12 PM

Classe A 250 W176
I tried this afternoon to remove the filter box without much believe it.
But it works, now the screen is not cut when I start the car.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:11 AM

2011 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by V6DON
Hi mate, did you have A plugged into A/B and B plugged into B? as thats how mine came but i tried swapping it with the A socket that came with the kit but the original radio etc didnt work. do you have a aux port in yours?
with the Tethering mine works fine i just have to put the password into the screen thats displayed on the phone.
cant help with the other questions as i havent got mine to work yet.
Yes - Swapping the A/B worked (according to my installer). However, you need to restart the screen for it to work.

I have an aux port.

Tethering is still greyed out no matter what i do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: 10.25 inch android headunit installed