E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

10.25 inch android headunit installed

Old 10-22-2018, 12:13 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 E350 station wagon gasoline
Originally Posted by jonUF02
Many navi apps work without a conection. Or I would say most of them. And they are free to update. Not like OEM maps that cost a fortune and they are way more modern and up to date than OEM.
You can mirror your phone to the unit if you like that.
--- OK, can download Google maps of your typical area for offline NAV, but not a big deal, just doing it on my phone is pretty easy when I need it. Don't use navigation more than maybe once a week at most, I'm familiar with my city

You can have Carplay or Android Auto
*** please show me how the functionality is with this, highly desired for Android, like new vehicles.

You can stream Music from phone
--- Already can do this, but mostly I listen to Sirius radio subscription.

You can see video in motion in HD
-- Possible to do this on stock setup, but I don't care about it, not going to watch video while driving

You can add apps like youtube and netflix
-- Never going to be a useful feature for me, don't care.

You can do custom startup logos and wallpapers
-- don't care

You can get weather info app or almost any app you like
-- don't care. I live in Florida, weather is either hot or raining and hot, just look through the window.
--- Torque app is a cool novelty, but probably would never leave it on the display. No reason to monitor real time sensor telemetry on a completely stock tune vehicle.

You can add any back up camera you like and get guide lines that is built in
-- already have backup camera, don't want to stick on any after-market cameras, mainly I just do it old-school and look behind me, because I don't trust cameras or mirrors backing up

Or dash cam or 360.
--- don't care, don't have or need a dash cam. If I got one it would just be passively recording in the event I needed it for legal evidence.
This thread is here for technical support for those who have bought the screen already.
You are too lazy to read through it and then argue with someone who is helping you out..
Chris has explained its benefits, you can make up your mind without arguing.
Nobody is forcing you to buy the unit.
You don't like it fine, shouldn't waste your time posting here.

As for the 2010 E350 and the 2108 E350 being almost the same perhaps a little reading is in order.

First of all there is no 2018 E350, it is E450 now.
"In 2013, the E-Class was comprehensively facelifted, featuring significant styling changes, fuel economy improvements and updated safety features. Daimler invested close to €1 billion into the development of the extensive refresh, making it likely the most expensive mid-life facelift in the history of the automobile."
Also: "The E-Class received the latest in autonomous driving technology for use at highway speeds, capable of piloting itself up to speeds of 130 mph (210 km/h) for up to 2 minutes"
Try that in your 2010.
The following users liked this post:
Coldfact (04-16-2019)
Old 10-22-2018, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by Vicky-amg
HELP!!!
Can someone be a star and guide me in the right direction please.
so I got a screen given to me from a friend had it fitted and worked absolutely fine apart from the screen being blank sometimes. So my handy man found this thread and saw that removing the little black fuse box and rewiring the black and yellow wire would resolve this but in the process he accidently touched 1 of the yellow wires onto the metal on the back of the unit causing a spark and now the whole unit and screen doesn't want to come on 😔😭.
what do I do I am going on a road trip soon and I need my music!!!
please someone HELP!!!
I'm hoping it's nothing too serious because I don't want my handy man to feel any more guilty than he already is bless him.
xxx
Your screwed affriad. Need full repair or a new screen.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
9 times out of 10 it’s usually just a blown fuse. Fuses are located in the engine and trunk.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by V6DON
9 times out of 10 it’s usually just a blown fuse. Fuses are located in the engine and trunk.
I think they are smart enough to check that first. And the comand would also not come on then.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E class
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
I think they are smart enough to check that first. And the comand would also not come on then.
we haven't checked the fuses yet. Which fuses are we looking at and how do we tell if they are blown? 🤔 sorry guy but we are just not that mechanically inclined we just about managed to get the screen on 🤗
Old 10-22-2018, 10:48 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC X253
So my handy man found this thread and saw that removing the little black fuse box and rewiring the black and yellow wire would resolve this but in the process he accidently touched 1 of the yellow wires onto the metal on the back of the unit causing a spark and now the whole unit and screen doesn't want to come on ����.
If there was a spark, it's from the side of the cable connected to the car to the metal case of the unit, which is a ground. So the Android screen was not involved and is fine.
As the original unit is not powering up either, I'm thinking about a fuse too.

Here's a page about the fuseboxes of a 2011 E-Class. Apparently you want to check the 26, 67, 69, 84 and 78, in the trunk's fuse box. To check a fuse, pull it out and look through the transparent plastic: if you see a continuous wire going from one pin to the other one, the fuse is fine; if you see a breakage in the wire, the fuse blown out and it needs to be replaced.

Last edited by Sly_North; 10-22-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Coldfact (04-16-2019)
Old 10-22-2018, 11:06 AM

2011 E63 AMG
AVM help needed

I’ve fixed most of the other issues but I have one big one remaining:

AVM –

I have “Turn to Start AVM” on.
  • When I use my turn signal, the COMAND screen comes up, as if I pressed the “Car Device” button on the main screen.
  • Reverse mode selection – Works fine with stock camera. If I set it to Installation (CVBS) mode, it brings up a black screen with only the sensor guides. No video.
  • My 360 Camera works fine using the “DVR” button on the main screen.

I think that somehow a video in line from COMAND is going to where the 360 camera video in should be plugged in, but I have no idea how this install is supposed to look.

Please help!

Old 10-22-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 S550
Its a great unit. I upgraded back in early summer and I love it. I'm not having any trouble with Auto switching, it seems to switch back and forth just fine. As for Navigation, I use the IGO app which came installed in my unit. I like it way better than my stock Nav. I use Media Monkey for my music and videos and it works well also. The only thing I absolutely hate about this unit is because it's an Android system. is that it takes forever to get your music going. Gone are the days of turning your key and having the last selection you had playing continue.....unless of course you shut down your car using the stock system. If I'm listening to a song and stop and run into Timmy's, when I come out I have to spend a couple of mins starting the app again....other than that...I'm glad I made the upgrade. Enjoy
Chris The Swede (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 04:54 AM

2011 E class
Thanks a million V6DON and Sly north it turns out it was only a fuse. Fuse 26 in the engine bay had blown. I have now changed it and removed the little black fuse box and screen is working fine for now, I still need to give it some more starts before confirming this has actually resolved the blank screen issue so will update you guys in due course.

whilst I'm here I was wondering if my controls on the steering wheel are meant to work on apps such as music player as only the volume is functional.
Also is my centre control knob meant to work on the android section of the screen as mine only works on the original screen section.
not a big deal if it doesn't and wouldn't be surprised if it can't but I just read somewhere that it is supposed to.
Coldfact (04-16-2019)
Old 10-23-2018, 05:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC X253
Thanks a million V6DON and Sly north it turns out it was only a fuse. Fuse 26 in the engine bay had blown. I have now changed it and removed the little black fuse box and screen is working fine for now, I still need to give it some more starts before confirming this has actually resolved the blank screen issue so will update you guys in due course.

whilst I'm here I was wondering if my controls on the steering wheel are meant to work on apps such as music player as only the volume is functional.
Also is my centre control knob meant to work on the android section of the screen as mine only works on the original screen section.
not a big deal if it doesn't and wouldn't be surprised if it can't but I just read somewhere that it is supposed to.
There's a settings somewhere to use the pad/knob + the steering wheel buttons for the Android screen or for the origin unit. It was on for me. It works only in apps that support keyboard inputs (most of the already installed ones do).

As you have a v1 screen, I'm not sure exactly where it is - probably in the hidden menu that's accessed by pressing for 5 seconds above the setting menu; at 11:34 in this video:

Last edited by Sly_North; 10-23-2018 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350

WOW!! Fuses is the first thing you check.. Then you ask..

Yes joystick should work. Its the AB conector settings.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:13 PM

2011 E class
Originally Posted by Sly_North
There's a settings somewhere to use the pad/knob + the steering wheel buttons for the Android screen or for the origin unit. It was on for me. It works only in apps that support keyboard inputs (most of the already installed ones do).

As you have a v1 screen, I'm not sure exactly where it is - probably in the hidden menu that's accessed by pressing for 5 seconds above the setting menu; at 11:34 in this video: https://youtu.be/DKkYYvl3szw?t=694
My screen doesn't look like this I have to hold onto functions to get into secret menu. Which option needs to be selected for using the knob? Im sure its not the AB connector as I had them switched the other way around before and it still didn't work, all it did was have sound coming from left speaker but i am assuming the connector are correct now because the sound is working from all speakers now.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C207
Am I correct in that a second Bluetooth device cannot be paired to the V2 HU? More specifically a OBDII adapter? I have tried roughly 20 BT pairing apps (including btautopair), none of them are able to pair with the 4 different OBDII adapters I own, let alone discover the adapters most of the time. I have a WiFi OBDII adapter as well, but am looking to resolve the connectivity issue via Bluetooth.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
A second device can be connected, unfortunately the firmware has restrictions in it as to what the BT name must be in order to be seen. I have asked Chris a number of times to see if the firmware can be updated to remove the restriction, but he hasn't even acknowledged the request in either email or on here. Even a not possible would be an answer, but just silence.

I am trying to avoid rooting the device but this is one of the things that may make me look at doing it.

Would be great if someone who has it working posts what model of adaptor it is they have used. Some have got it working.

Last edited by 400ixl; 10-24-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C207
I've asked as well in the past but haven't received a concrete response. I have adapters that get picked up by the app, but I can't pair them due to the pin requirement. A force pair with the MAC and pin would be the only option I believe.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:27 PM

2011 E63 AMG
My screen doesn't look like this I have to hold onto functions to get into secret menu. Which option needs to be selected for using the knob? Im sure its not the AB connector as I had them switched the other way around before and it still didn't work, all it did was have sound coming from left speaker but i am assuming the connector are correct now because the sound is working from all speakers now.
Be sure you restart the screen after swapping the AB. Otherwise it won't work.

If the sound is only coming from one speaker, be sure to press the aux cable and the dongle all the way in in the glovebox.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:48 AM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
Clearly they didn’t check the fuse and you know full well that you could have simply asked but you saw it as a opportunity to try and take advantage of this Woman and swindle her for a new screen. Very low indeed. The only times there’s a reply from you is when there’s an opportunity to make a sale. This just shows the sort of person you are and I’m glad I didn’t buy my screen from you as you don’t deserve my money.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:57 AM

2010 E350
Swedish swindler

For anyone that wants to know where I got mine from then contact a guy called Terry from Innomade car products store on Ali express the screen works perfectly and fits flush on my rhd car. He even emailed me instructions and files for amg boot up logo plus helped with any issues I had. Fast delivery came less than 2 weeks and bargain price of £440 for the version 2 with 2 gb ram and 32 gb memory even comes with a additional 8gb sd card and vinyl stickers as a gift.

So do yourself a favour and don’t be extorted by this Swedish swindler he is offering the same product at a hiked up price.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350

Clearly they didn’t check the fuse and you know full well that you could have simply asked but you saw it as a opportunity to try and take advantage of this Woman and swindle her for a new screen. Very low indeed. The only times there’s a reply from you is when there’s an opportunity to make a sale. This just shows the sort of person you are and I’m glad I didn’t buy my screen from you as you don’t deserve my money.

WOW WHAT???? That is such a childish comment. You realy dont like me and what I do on this forum do you?? HOW did it look like that??? I have not sold any to her erlier and I did not mean to start now eighter!!!! Talk about missinterpeting a text. I was only helping out and took for granted they ALWAYS check fuses first when something dies after a spark. Comon rule when doin installs like this.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
For anyone that wants to know where I got mine from then contact a guy called Terry from Innomade car products store on Ali express the screen works perfectly and fits flush on my rhd car. He even emailed me instructions and files for amg boot up logo plus helped with any issues I had. Fast delivery came less than 2 weeks and bargain price of £440 for the version 2 with 2 gb ram and 32 gb memory even comes with a additional 8gb sd card and vinyl stickers as a gift.

So do yourself a favour and don’t be extorted by this Swedish swindler he is offering the same product at a hiked up price.
WOW again! IM NOT selling ANYTHING here!!!!!!!!!! Where do you even see that anywhere here????? Swindler??? IN WHAT WAY am I a swindler???? Do you even know what I charge for this for outside EU customers? You are on very deep water here!!!
Old 10-26-2018, 06:18 AM

2010 E350
What more do I want 😁

Last edited by V6DON; 11-02-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:24 AM

2010 E350
Pictures of the new screen fitted 😎

Last edited by V6DON; 10-26-2018 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
What more do I want 😁
That made no sense to me? What you mean by that? What do you gain by being rude to me? Do you even know about the hundreds I have helped with installning and setting up this unit? And show me ONE post I did where I sell this or ask anyone to buy from me? Im only here (as usual) to coment on the unit I like so much my self and have in 3 of my cars and help as much as I can. I am actually the reason V2 even has the features it has today. And that was many requests from mebers here that I made sure was done on it. So the unit you use your self now has for exaple mph and farenheit because of me and the members here working together rather that posting coments like yours!!!!
Coldfact (04-16-2019)
Old 10-26-2018, 07:53 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2012 E63 AMG Wagon

WOW
Old 10-26-2018, 04:30 PM

2010 E350
Pictures didn't upload

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: 10.25 inch android headunit installed