E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New Project: MB E300 NTG4.5 CarPlay Proxy Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 07:09 PM
MO.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
If you have any question regarding the installation, please let me know.
The following users liked this post:
morganbjorn (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
Install

Originally Posted by MO.
If you have any question regarding the installation, please let me know.
I was wondering how/where you were able to squeeze the adapted in the dash?
From all the "install" videos, the adapted is left on the drivers leg and in many threads and install video for a replacement screen (where original screen is removed and there is no additional electronic box needed to be added behind the comand), they often have problems just finding space for the added wire harness.

Did you happen to take pics of wire harness and adapted install in the dash?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2019, 11:02 AM
MO.

E350
Originally Posted by Tunes

I was wondering how/where you were able to squeeze the adapted in the dash?
From all the "install" videos, the adapted is left on the drivers leg and in many threads and install video for a replacement screen (where original screen is removed and there is no additional electronic box needed to be added behind the comand), they often have problems just finding space for the added wire harness.

Did you happen to take pics of wire harness and adapted install in the dash?

Thanks

Adapt. location

You are absolutely right! It is quite difficult to just squeeze the harness in the back of the head unit. I squeezed it at the back/ under the Head UNIT (you will need to keep trying, but you will succeed). There is no space at all to install the Adapter under the dash. I installed it under the side carpet ( passenger side), see the attached picture. Please let me know if you still need help!
The following users liked this post:
Tunes (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 12:21 PM

2012 CLS550
Thanks for the quick reply.
The install and ability to hide this unit is the deciding factor between this and the android screen replacement option. Wanting to keep the install looking stock, I am leaning towards this over the "android" look of the other option.
Cheers
Old 02-25-2019, 05:01 PM

2015 GLA 250
I was looking into installing this into my 2015 GLA with NTG4.7 and I was wondering if the steering wheel voice control button works with Android Auto?
Also, did you connect using AUX or Bluetooth for audio connection? If you used AUX, how is the audio quality?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-25-2019, 05:22 PM
MO.

E350
Originally Posted by morganbjorn
I was looking into installing this into my 2015 GLA with NTG4.7 and I was wondering if the steering wheel voice control button works with Android Auto?
Also, did you connect using AUX or Bluetooth for audio connection? If you used AUX, how is the audio quality?

Thanks in advance
I have installed CARTIZAN (not sure how unichip works); No, as all you need to do is to say"ok google" then say the voice command( while with iPhone, a steering wheel button works)
Yes, but you have to activate it first in the ENGINEERING MENU. you will find many videos on the Utube on how to activate it.
EXCELLENT Quality.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:07 PM

2015 GLA 250
Thumbs up

Thank you for super quick reply. The reason I asked about the steering wheel button is that I tend to have my music so loud that google can't hear me
I will use the mute button instead. Ordering it now.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:13 PM
MO.

E350
Thank you for super quick reply. The reason I asked about the steering wheel button is that I tend to have my music so loud that google can't hear me
I will use the mute button instead. Ordering it now.
Before you order check both Cartizan and Unichip and decide what you want to buy. Also check compatibility. Good luck!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:53 PM

2012 CLS550

I took a screen shot from an install video t hat I just found which is the first I've seen that shows where to put the adapter.
It looks like they removed the panel under the glove box (above the passenger's knees) and installed it on this panel. If it doesn't rattle, it might allow for better cooling than under the carpet.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:19 PM
MO.

E350
Originally Posted by Tunes

I took a screen shot from an install video t hat I just found which is the first I've seen that shows where to put the adapter.
It looks like they removed the panel under the glove box (above the passenger's knees) and installed it on this panel. If it doesn't rattle, it might allow for better cooling than under the carpet.
I agree with you, but I am not sure how easy to remove the panel under the glove box!!!!!! Also not sure if the screen cable ( from adapter to car screen) is long enough (I think it is NOT long enough, but don't remember). For me, it was easy to install it under the carpet (I used 3M mounting squares). Try and let me know.
I also want to mention something that is not mentioned anywhere in the installation manual. THERE ARE 2 OPTICAL FIBER CABLES CONNECTED TO THE MAIN HARNESS. YOU NEED TO REMOVE THEM FROM THE MAIN HARNESS (REMOVE THEIR SOCKET FROM THE HARNESS) AND CONNECT THEM TO THE PROVIDED HARNESS THAT GOES TO THE HEAD UNIT.
see this
https://youtu.be/lmldVyeoz08

Last edited by MO.; 02-26-2019 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:29 AM

2015 GLA 250
Is this safe/compatible with the HK option/amp?

I installed in my car and either coincidentally or accidentally did something to break my amp and needed it replaced. Before I retry I want to make sure it was something I did wrong not a straight up incompatibility.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:11 PM
MO.

E350
Is this safe/compatible with the HK option/amp?

I installed in my car and either coincidentally or accidentally did something to break my amp and needed it replaced. Before I retry I want to make sure it was something I did wrong not a straight up incompatibility.
How did you know that you break your amp?
Old 03-10-2019, 04:55 PM

2015 GLA 250
Car is under warranty so I removed the box, put everything back together and took it to the dealer that spent all week trying to fix it.

I got it back yesterday, retried the install, got it working but the audio is all ****ed up. Totally distorted, and static like an untuned radio or something. Totally unusable. Sending it back.

I'll have to just use my phone screen
Old 03-10-2019, 05:57 PM
MO.

E350
Car is under warranty so I removed the box, put everything back together and took it to the dealer that spent all week trying to fix it.

I got it back yesterday, retried the install, got it working but the audio is all ****ed up. Totally distorted, and static like an untuned radio or something. Totally unusable. Sending it back.

I'll have to just use my phone screen
Cartizan? or Unichip?
I have installed CARTIZAN, and initially had the same audio issue (only when using the Adapter) the reason was that I didn't connect the 2 BLACK wires of the adapter together. (earth wires). You need to contact the seller and ask him/ her!
Old 03-11-2019, 04:35 AM

2015 GLA 250
Originally Posted by MO.
Cartizan? or Unichip?
I have installed CARTIZAN, and initially had the same audio issue (only when using the Adapter) the reason was that I didn't connect the 2 BLACK wires of the adapter together. (earth wires). You need to contact the seller and ask him/ her!
I have the CARTIZAN unit. I have contacted the seller a couple of times but had no reply. The 2 black wires you connected together, are those the loose ones on the adapter that are just capped off and not connected to anything?
Old 03-11-2019, 09:16 AM
MO.

E350
I have the CARTIZAN unit. I have contacted the seller a couple of times but had no reply. The 2 black wires you connected together, are those the loose ones on the adapter that are just capped off and not connected to anything?
Yes.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:44 PM
MO.

E350
Originally Posted by MO.
Yes.
One is the earth wire of your adapter box, and the other is the earth wire of your vehicle. You will get a noisy audio if you don't connect them together.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:45 PM
MO.

E350
Have you succeeded to overcome this problem?