E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Need a little help with Airmatic compressor install

Old 06-13-2018, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E550 Sedan, P2 pkg, night vision, AMG pkg,etc. LOADED!
Need a little help with Airmatic compressor install

I have a new Arnott air compressor arriving tomorrow for my 2010 E550. I already download the instruction sheet and it looks fairly easy to install. A few questions...
1. Does the battery have to be disconnected?
2. How do I relieve the air pressure from the air ride system before disconnecting the air line?
3. After install, anything else to do? reset? etc?
4. Any pointers are welcome! I plan on leaving town this weekend so hoping to have it done after work Thurs, Friday latest.
Thanks!
Old 06-13-2018, 07:19 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Tectitgrau S210
1, no, it does not, but doesn't hurt anything.
2, put all 4 corners of the car up on jacks so that the car doesn't collapse as the pressure escape, while technically the distribution valve block is what controls each individual shock/corner, it does not have the ability to completely keep the car up, it's the relief valve that's located on the pump that seals the system and if you remove the pump the system cannot fully seal.
3. no, nothing is needed. once your put the car back on the ground your car will be super high, but the car will level itself off automatically shortly after
4. biggest pointer I can give you, the main air line to the pump requires very very little lightening, 2nm or about 20 inch pounds, the housing is made of plastic so it's very easy to strip the threads out from overtightening. My rule of thumb would be to but a 12mm brake line wrench on the fitting and use the side of your pinky pressed up against the wrench to tighten it, as soon as your pinky starts hurting from pushing, it's tight enough.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ungarisch:
arnottdoug (06-14-2018), injunwiz (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E550 Sedan, P2 pkg, night vision, AMG pkg,etc. LOADED!
Excellent! Thanks for helping me out. It's my Birthday Friday and my wife's on June 27th so we are heading up to the mountains. I really didn't want to trust the compressor to hold out as I have the red malfunction arrow up appear from time to time and the diagnostics check showed a faulty compressor.