Rear Door lock and window switch not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 01:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 E63 AMG
Rear Door lock and window switch not working

Hi all,
I have a 2011 E63 AMG that a few months ago had an intermittent issue with the rear door lock not closing or not opening when I locked or unlocked the car. I ignored it. for a month.. and then noticed that the lock wouldn't even attempt anymore. So I figured that the door lock actuator finally failed completely until I realized that the window now no longer moves up or down from the master switch or the door switch. I also noticed that I don't hear a thing inside that door when I'm locking or trying to roll the window.

I've done a lot of research online, and I am planning on taking the door panel out to see what is going on.. but I am puzzled about why the window would stop working completely. I checked fuses 39, 41 and they both seem fine.

I have noticed some sites mention a door module that controls both? maybe that's fried? will I be able to replace the door lock actuator if I can't roll the window down? There are no videos showing this procedure for the W212... a lot on the W204 and W211.

If anyone has had this issue or has an idea on what could be wrong.. it would be extremely helpful to know what to order before I decide to take the door panel apart.

thanks
Old 09-04-2018, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
I dont know if its the same principle...but when a door lock actuator went bad on my moms honda crv (yea yea its a honda not a benz) , i was able to move window up n down... but the rest of the problems looked exactly what you described.