MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Discovered a new feature today! (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/721687-discovered-new-feature-today.html)

drdantheman1 09-19-2018 11:42 AM

Discovered a new feature today!

So... even though I've read over the window sticker on my E250 bluetec, I discovered a new feature while filling up my tires with air at the gas station. As I was passing the air hose underneath the rear bumper to return it to the machine, the trunk opened by itself. I thought that was odd.... so I closed it and then tried swiping my foot under the back bumper, and the trunk opened again!

So apparently, my 2014 MB w/P1 pack with keyless GO has handsfree trunk opening! That's cool.

DFWdude 09-19-2018 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by drdantheman1 (Post 7557690)
So... even though I've read over the window sticker on my E250 bluetec, I discovered a new feature while filling up my tires with air at the gas station. As I was passing the air hose underneath the rear bumper to return it to the machine, the trunk opened by itself. I thought that was odd.... so I closed it and then tried swiping my foot under the back bumper, and the trunk opened again!

So apparently, my 2014 MB w/P1 pack with keyless GO has handsfree trunk opening! That's cool.

Shazam! I wonder if the trunk will also close if you wave your foot under the bumper, too? Try it...;)

KEY08 09-19-2018 11:58 AM

and with that feature you can close the trunk from inside the car as well. :)

cetialpha5 09-19-2018 01:06 PM

Yeah, if you have the power trunk closer, you can open and close the trunk from the inside. In older threads, people mention opening and closing the trunk while they're at a traffic light to freak out the person behind them. Still haven't done that yet, but I'm tempted once in a while.

LALALAND 09-20-2018 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by DFWdude (Post 7557694)
Shazam! I wonder if the trunk will also close if you wave your foot under the bumper, too? Try it...;)

Watch out,as the trunk might hit the back of your head while putting/pulling stuff out of the trunk. Happen to me at least 3 times. You will hear a beep when it's closing.

bigjule 09-20-2018 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by LALALAND (Post 7558258)
Watch out,as the trunk might hit the back of your head while putting/pulling stuff out of the trunk. Happen to me at least 3 times. You will hear a beep when it's closing.

Same thing happened to my wife ! ..when using the feature she's all nervous and tentative lol .. honestly Mercedes 1. Should have it close a lil slower and 2. Should have a safety feature ... But I guess she hears so many rings and tones with this vehicle she kind of tought it didn't mean anything hahahaha...

drdantheman1 09-20-2018 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by bigjule (Post 7558286)
Same thing happened to my wife ! ..when using the feature she's all nervous and tentative lol .. honestly Mercedes 1. Should have it close a lil slower and 2. Should have a safety feature ... But I guess she hears so many rings and tones with this vehicle she kind of tought it didn't mean anything hahahaha...

Ha, my wife was fairly unimpressed at my discovery. Her sentiment was more or less, "How did you not know everything about your cars?". :slap:

Longroof 09-20-2018 09:41 AM

My favorite "hidden feature" is bringing up my 360 degree camera just by pressing the car icon on the COMAND control panel. Great way to avoid curb rash at a parking garage ticket machine.

In case you're like me and haven't read the owner manual in depth like Doug Demuro does, you can find other "hidden features" in these two videos:

bigjule 09-20-2018 07:53 PM

Hey did anyone get the dual audio command to work on there 212? It's listed as one of the features on that video ...

Alandf 09-21-2018 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by bigjule (Post 7558286)

Definitely should close slower and have a safety feature like garage doors. My wife got hit in the head when we first got the car, She is short. Ended up in hospital ER for a CT scan and was diagnosed with a minor concussion. Now refuses to use the feature .

bigjule 09-21-2018 10:47 PM

Wow ..I made fun about it but really not a laughing matter .... even with my wife, I goofed on her about it..but that goes to show how serious it is ...thanks for sharing ..... on my other car ..Lexus ls460 ..it doesn't have the hands Free option but has the power trunk option were u push a button ..on that vehicle the trunks closes really slow...as they all should

bigjule 09-21-2018 10:51 PM

Cone to think of it ..when the trunk hit my wife she was putting items in the trunk and she accidentally moved her feet I'm guessing in a swiping manner and thats whn it came down and hit her