This dude ran into my car..!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
2014 E350 4M Diamond Silver
Update: Received the car yesterday.
Work done on the vehicle is perfect. Not much difference between the body and the bumper for color.
Brand new headlight and new OEM bumper was used.

Only out of pocket costs so far are the 50$ for the rental car and whatever I put gas in it.

Will have to wait till my apartment complex people turn on the water flow for the car wash to get a waxing etc.

Thanks all for your support and insight in this incident. Will check with Geico on diminished value and other stuff.

After the insurance claim. Looks like new again.
The following users liked this post:
johny555ive (12-09-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Glad to see you rolling again. Any update on the deadbeats without insurance?
The following users liked this post:
raja777m (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thefisch
Glad to see you rolling again. Any update on the deadbeats without insurance?
Need to check with PR Team mentioned above. They will take care of both the diminished value, as well as collecting any other amount I paid towards this issue.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Funny how things turn in life.
Just few hr ago, my friend was coming to my property in California, where his Honda was rear-ended by Mercedes just 1 block away.
I drove there to give friend mental support as young female driver had not valid proof of insurance.
Just a minute after me showing up on accident scene (pulled over to gas station for safety) the father of the driver drove up and start with huge attitude why we question insurance , when he was flashing insurance card that he brought to his daugher car (!)
The card show the insurance expired 9 months ago.
I advised my friend to call the Police, as talking to the guy who was cursing all the time was not making much sense.
So CHP officer informed us that expired insurance card is still good for his department.
To add to it, the car had no month registration sticker, where we are in December of 2018 and anual sticker shows the year as end of registration.
The officer said the registration is valid, but friend got no confirmation to it.
At this point I wonder if ignoring the law is SOP for LEO.
Stay tuned.

Last edited by kajtek1; 12-08-2018 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kajtek1
Funny how things turn in life.
Just few hr ago, my friend was coming to my property in California, where his Honda was rear-ended by Mercedes just 1 block away.
I drove there to give friend mental support as young female driver had not valid proof of insurance.
Just a minute after me showing up on accident scene (pulled over to gas station for safety) the father of the driver drove up and start with huge attitude why we question insurance , when he was flashing insurance card that he brought to his daugher car (!)
The card show the insurance expired 9 months ago.
I advised my friend to call the Police, as talking to the guy who was cursing all the time was not making much sense.
So CHP officer informed us that expired insurance card is still good for his department.
To add to it, the car had no month registration sticker, where we are in December of 2018 and anual sticker shows the year as end of registration.
The officer said the registration is valid, but friend got no confirmation to it.
At this point I wonder if ignoring the law is SOP for LEO.
Stay tuned.
Oh, in california too, no ticket to the driver, as it is not registered on the driver's name? lol.
Please share your friend this thread and gently suggest it is time to invest on a dash cam