MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   2010 E350 Lane Assist doesn't come on? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/726809-2010-e350-lane-assist-doesnt-come.html)

toledotom 11-11-2018 09:18 PM

2010 E350 Lane Assist doesn't come on?

I have owned a 2010 E350 since Oct. 2014 and have a Great Car! It has 105,075 miles on it and yesterday the lane assist did not come on as usual? I have it enabled and on all the time. We had an extreme windy cold night here in Toledo. Friday, November 9,2018. The temperature dropped to 16 degrees by Saturday morning at 8:30am. and when I started the car to go somewhere the Lane assist message popped up! After about 2 hours at my destination I started the car and everything was fine and NO MESSAGE! Ok, I figured something might be blocking the sensor or the extreme cold drop caused the sensor to fault? Car was fine all day and night. Once again this afternoon (Sunday, Nov.11) I got the Lane Assist Message and the figure in the Instrument cluster was gone! OK, Not a big deal but I can disable it in the menu settings.
Where is the sending unit or sensor for the Lane Assist on the vehicle? Maybe it is dirty, covered up by some leaves or loose wire? I NEED to start somewhere?
Only thing it might be is, It seems my battery is not 100% because the car seems to be starting or turning over slightly slower. Normally I push the button and it turns over quickly and starts fine for the last 4 years.
Could it be the battery going? Same battery for the last 4 years and the car stays outside 100% of the time. Going to pull voltage checks tomorrow on battery before start Then check alternator output to battery after start-up. I am Thinking the voltage might be dipping just below 11.35 volts at start-up but enough to crank car over to start but the electronics are being starved for that 1/2 split second causing the Lane assist to show in the messages and not being table to disable and get to enable it?
Any Help would be appreciated before I go trouble-shoot. I do have a Brand New iCarsoft Professional Multi-system Scanner i980 I purchased a while back but haven't hooked it up yet to take a reading? I will do this first tomorrow after voltage checks! Lets see if we have any codes being put out and maybe I can read voltage at battery and alternator output. Should be 14.3 at least?

Arrie 11-11-2018 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by toledotom (Post 7600825)
I have owned a 2010 E350 since Oct. 2014 and have a Great Car! It has 105,075 miles on it and yesterday the lane assist did not come on as usual? I have it enabled and on all the time. We had an extreme windy cold night here in Toledo. Friday, November 9,2018. The temperature dropped to 16 degrees by Saturday morning at 8:30am. and when I started the car to go somewhere the Lane assist message popped up! After about 2 hours at my destination I started the car and everything was fine and NO MESSAGE! Ok, I figured something might be blocking the sensor or the extreme cold drop caused the sensor to fault? Car was fine all day and night. Once again this afternoon (Sunday, Nov.11) I got the Lane Assist Message and the figure in the Instrument cluster was gone! OK, Not a big deal but I can disable it in the menu settings.
Where is the sending unit or sensor for the Lane Assist on the vehicle? Maybe it is dirty, covered up by some leaves or loose wire? I NEED to start somewhere?
Only thing it might be is, It seems my battery is not 100% because the car seems to be starting or turning over slightly slower. Normally I push the button and it turns over quickly and starts fine for the last 4 years.
Could it be the battery going? Same battery for the last 4 years and the car stays outside 100% of the time. Going to pull voltage checks tomorrow on battery before start Then check alternator output to battery after start-up. I am Thinking the voltage might be dipping just below 11.35 volts at start-up but enough to crank car over to start but the electronics are being starved for that 1/2 split second causing the Lane assist to show in the messages and not being table to disable and get to enable it?
Any Help would be appreciated before I go trouble-shoot. I do have a Brand New iCarsoft Professional Multi-system Scanner i980 I purchased a while back but haven't hooked it up yet to take a reading? I will do this first tomorrow after voltage checks! Lets see if we have any codes being put out and maybe I can read voltage at battery and alternator output. Should be 14.3 at least?

Lane keep assist (steering wheel shake) sensor is the camera mounted in the middle of the top of the windshield.

I have driver assist package in my car also and have had the automatic high beam switching not working correctly when starting drive in cold and I think this may be caused by fog on the glass. I have not had issues with lane keep yet but your problem could be related to something on the glass in front of the camera?

KEY08 11-12-2018 07:03 AM

Battery. Change it.