MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   keyless go (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/732862-keyless-go.html)

mjcasey 01-14-2019 03:50 AM

keyless go

I have a 2014 mb E350 sedan, do i have keyless go? I have since entered my vin in the mbdata app, thank you for that advice. I do not have keyless go. As for the sassy comments, I’ll keep it to myself.

KEY08 01-14-2019 07:13 AM

Seriously?

Bahnstormer 01-14-2019 07:36 AM

Hard to say.

KEY08 01-14-2019 07:39 AM

Magic 8 ball says there is a chance.

raja777m 01-14-2019 09:00 AM

Can you get into your locked vehicle, without touching anything else than the handle, that is without touching your keys to unlock it manually?
Can you open your trunk with just a swipe of your foot under the bumper, right below the license plate?

try entering your VIN into this website:
datamb.com

rustybear3 01-14-2019 09:27 AM

Are you serious, or just pulling our leg. If you know what keyless go is, you'd know right off as to whether you have it. As pointed out, if you can open and unlock your car without touching keys, then you have it.

mjcasey 01-14-2019 09:49 AM

Relax, I’m reading about all this keyless entry and waving my foot and some blogs are referring to all the mb’s Have. I’m just asking if you know. I bought the car a year ago, love it but never looked anything up. I guess I don’t have it.

KEY08 01-14-2019 10:27 AM

No, not all Mercedes cars come with Keyless Go. That is wrong info.

Rogue Leader 01-14-2019 11:42 AM

Very easy to tell if your car has KEYLESS GO. The door handles have a little indented square (and if you touch the doorhandle with the key in your pocket, it unlocks, that square locks the doors when you touch it). Your car may not have the push to start button as the button is removable and 2 different dealers told me they remove them often in these cars because "the old people that buy them get confused and just want a key". But you could always buy a replacement and pop it in. IIRC the foot kick trunk open was part of a different package so your car may not do that necessarily.

kajtek1 01-14-2019 11:44 AM

Enter your VIN on site like https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Mercedes-Benz
and see if keyless go will show.

KEY08 01-14-2019 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader (Post 7653843)
Very easy to tell if your car has KEYLESS GO. The door handles have a little indented square (and if you touch the doorhandle with the key in your pocket, it unlocks, that square locks the doors when you touch it). Your car may not have the push to start button as the button is removable and 2 different dealers told me they remove them often in these cars because "the old people that buy them get confused and just want a key". But you could always buy a replacement and pop it in. IIRC the foot kick trunk open was part of a different package so your car may not do that necessarily.

You do not need to touch a specific spot on the handle to lock. Just touch the exterior of the handle to lock with any part of your body. When you insert your hand inside of the handle, the car knows you are attempting to open the door. The auto trunk release is usually found on Keyless Go equipped cars, but as you state it is a separate option.

Rogue Leader 01-14-2019 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by KEY08 (Post 7653867)
You do not need to touch a specific spot on the handle to lock. Just touch the exterior of the handle to lock with any part of your body. When you insert your hand inside of the handle, the car knows you are attempting to open the door. The auto trunk release is usually found on Keyless Go equipped cars, but as you state it is a separate option.

Right but the cars without Keyless Go have handles without that little box. Also my car and my wife's does not unlock unless I physically touch the inside of the handle. I haven't tried it in a long time but I'm reasonably sure my car also doesn't lock unless you touch the box, will try again tonight to confirm.

EDIT: Confirmed via owners manual:

https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digital...edan_Wagon.pdf

Page 83, you must touch the inner doorhandle to unlock. The square is convenience closing so you are correct you only need to hit the handle to lock, but if you touch the box it locks the doors as well as closes the windows if they are open (page 100)

KEY08 01-14-2019 01:41 PM

Yes. When I said insert your hand inside of the handle I know you have to touch it to open. The handle clearly knows whether you are trying to lock the car or open it based on which side of the handle you are on. I lock mine every night with my asss as I shinny by it in the garage and touch the handle.

DFWdude 01-14-2019 01:43 PM

All other silliness considered, there is the matter of the push button in the ignition. You can run a keyless go MB with the key in the ignition -- if it's one of the handful of keyless go cars on the planet with a lost button. But the presence of the button over the ignition is a sure sign... LOL:y

Rogue Leader 01-14-2019 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by KEY08 (Post 7653961)
Yes. When I said insert your hand inside of the handle I know you have to touch it to open. The handle clearly knows whether you are trying to lock the car or open it based on which side of the handle you are on. I lock mine every night with my asss as I shinny by it in the garage and touch the handle.

We really are arguing semantics here. The point I clearly made was you can walk up to ANY Mercedes that could have come with KEYLESS GO, and look at the door handle, if it doesn't have that little box, there is no KEYLESS GO. Its a handy tip if you're walking around the lot looking for a car with that option specifically. The OP was wondering if they have KEYLESS GO or not which is a bit of a ridiculous question, but then even replied and still seems to not be confident, its the easiest possible answer that you can physically see looking at the car. No key in your pocket needed, don't have to sit in the car, look for an option code, search your VIN, nothing, just a simple little indentation on the door handles. The dash button can be removed (and many times is apparently), the door handles unless you wrecked both sides of the car and had them replaced with the wrong ones, will always be the same.

kajtek1 01-14-2019 02:44 PM

I am still trying to picture the owner locking the car with his asss

KEY08 01-14-2019 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by kajtek1 (Post 7654029)
I am still trying to picture the owner locking the car with his asss

LOL. Try it. It's fun.

belarus27 01-14-2019 03:40 PM

Lol the questions people ask after a year of owning the car.

Bahnstormer 01-14-2019 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by belarus27 (Post 7654073)

I was just looking at some questions and answers on an electronics retailer's website regarding an Onkyo 6 disc CD changer I purchased for my home audio system. Someone asked if the unit had it's own internal speakers.

DFWdude 01-15-2019 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by belarus27 (Post 7654073)

Yep. It appears we've spent more bandwidth participating in this thread than the OP has spent the last year learning about his car. I knew better than to get sucked into this thread, and yet I've posted in it twice, now. Silly me.

Rogue Leader 01-15-2019 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bahnstormer (Post 7654085)
I was just looking at some questions and answers on an electronics retailer's website regarding an Onkyo 6 disc CD changer I purchased for my home audio system. Someone asked if the unit had it's own internal speakers.

I'm a moderator on Tom's Hardware. The questions people ask.... with NO experience.... often after they have destroyed hundreds of dollars of equipment, because "it seemed like it would work"

:eek:

bigjule 01-20-2019 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by KEY08 (Post 7653961)

This is so true ..I tried locking by bumping the door handle and it worked on my 2015 . Nice !

Mr.Fly 01-21-2019 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by DFWdude (Post 7653965)
But the presence of the button over the ignition is a sure sign... LOL:y

This is not technically true. One can have the push button start functionality (option 893 KEYLESS START) without having Keyless-Go functionality (option 889 KEYLESS - GO). Thus, if you have Keyless-Go, you will have push button start; however, having push button start doesn't necessarily mean you have Keyless-Go.

cetialpha5 01-22-2019 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Fly (Post 7660204)
This is not technically true. One can have the push button start functionality (option 893 KEYLESS START) without having Keyless-Go functionality (option 889 KEYLESS - GO). Thus, if you have Keyless-Go, you will have push button start; however, having push button start doesn't necessarily mean you have Keyless-Go.

That depends on the year. I don't think they had that as an option in 2014. Either you had it or didn't.

Rogue Leader 01-22-2019 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by cetialpha5 (Post 7660577)
That depends on the year. I don't think they had that as an option in 2014. Either you had it or didn't.

Yep according to the order guide

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...der-guide.html

I don't see any mention of code 893. The fact hands free access (kick to open trunk) wasn't available at launch explains why when I was looking for mine some cars had it and some didn't. Depended on the build date.